2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The new jerseys are nearly identical to the models the team introduced a few years ago with two exceptions. The new sweaters include the flag of Alberta on the right sleeve and a Canadian flag on the left sleeve.
Maybe I'm a design snob, but that quote really pisses me off. How could anyone (unless legally blind) say that they are "nearly identical?" There's NOTHING identical about them other than the colors and primary logos. The design is different, all but the sleeve striping patterns is different, it has "piping for the sake of piping," the pants have stripes and on and on. How in the bloody **** is that "nearly identical." Whoever wrote the article needs to go see his optometrist.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new jerseys are nearly identical to the models the team introduced a few years ago with two exceptions. The new sweaters include the flag of Alberta on the right sleeve and a Canadian flag on the left sleeve.
Maybe I'm a design snob, but that quote really pisses me off. How could anyone (unless legally blind) say that they are "nearly identical?" There's NOTHING identical about them other than the colors and primary logos. The design is different, all but the sleeve striping patterns is different, it has "piping for the sake of piping," the pants have stripes and on and on. How in the bloody **** is that "nearly identical." Whoever wrote the article needs to go see his optometrist.

To be fair, Joe Q. Average would consider them nearly-identical. We're in the minority in terms of attention to uniform detail.

"It's for one year but we had to get permission from the federal government and the provincial government," explained Flames president Ken King. "The league permitted it for one year and we will have to seek permission to go forward beyond that.

Had to get permission to use a national and provincial flag on a uniform?

Not too bad on the Pens update, but still not a real winner. Nothing to get excited over. More of a meh.

At least it's a somewhat predictable evolution of the last uniform unlike so many others this year, but still way too cookie cutter and templated. Man is this league is looking generic now.

I wonder what the socks look like. If they're anything like the sens or Calgary I'll puke.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Yep, much thicker numbers. Strange decision to make when the space to place said numbers in has been reduced.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

meh....still holding out for a surprise....

thean again...considering how these new threads are getting more media coverage than the Steelers first game could somehow mean they are the leaks...seems like all the teams that went with bad jerseys made a big deal and unveiling out of it....

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The Pens haven't been known for traditional-looking sweaters...

....they havent? The 1997 Robo-pigeon-stripe-gradient-overload road jerseys and maybe their most recent ones are the only exceptions, but other than that...

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

....they havent? The 1997 Robo-pigeon-stripe-gradient-overload road jerseys and maybe their most recent ones are the only exceptions, but other than that...

OK then, they're not a huge departure from their most recent set. I guess that's what I was trying to say. The people talking about a "huge downgrade" are just plain unwilling to give any Edge jersey a chance.

so far, are the Bruins the best looking RBK sweaters?

In my opinion, yes.

OK then, they're not a huge departure from their most recent set. I guess that's what I was trying to say. The people talking about a "huge downgrade" are just plain unwilling to give any Edge jersey a chance.

Its not so much the jerseys (even though the designs are bad) its the fact that they look so similar to one another. And, for some teams, it was a downgrade (Florida, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, Calgary).

Its not so much the jerseys (even though the designs are bad) its the fact that they look so similar to one another. And, for some teams, it was a downgrade (Florida, Tampa Bay, Ottawa).

Totally agree with the other teams. I was speaking purely about the Penguins jerseys. To me, it's not much of a shift. Yeah, the templating sucks, but what are you gonna do?

I already have three authentic Wild jerseys, so I'm set on that front. I won't be buying an Edge any time soon. :D

Archived