2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Could the Flames get it any more wrong?

2. The lace-up doesn't work for such a young franchise.

The team was founded in the 1970's. The EARLY 70's. They're not exactly spring chickens here, even Ottawa, Anaheim, Tampa and Florida are getting some length in the tooth.

Minnie is younger team, but with the hockey history they have, their tie- up is appropriate. It's all in how you use it. I personally would have liked to see the Habs bust out a tie up collar for theirs, but I'm extremely glad they didn't make any changes.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could the Flames get it any more wrong?

2. The lace-up doesn't work for such a young franchise.

The team was founded in the 1970's. The EARLY 70's. They're not exactly spring chickens here, even Ottawa, Anaheim, Tampa and Florida are getting some length in the tooth.

I guess I'm holding them up to teams that have fifty-some odd years on them.

Minnie is younger team, but with the hockey history they have, their tie- up is appropriate.

Touche. But they may be the only newer team that I agree can pull it off.

I guess I'm holding them up to teams that have fifty-some odd years on them.
Minnie is younger team, but with the hockey history they have, their tie- up is appropriate.

Touche. But they may be the only newer team that I agree can pull it off.

I'll agree with you there on Minnie. I wish they would change the logo at the center of their crest is they insist on using the older style design, I think it clashes too much.

Hockey is funny that way, where you have one set of teams that are almost 100 years old, some are 50, 30, and some barely a decade.

The Flames' patches are going to go down as one of the worst design decisions in NHL history. If the Flames are smart, they will be gone by the start of the season. It'll being some negative PR, but it will be a short, relatively small flurry. It'll help the franchise save face in the long-run.

jerseylrg.jpg

Socks by Deutschland.

The shorts makes it look a tad better, the piping is still horrendus

Seeing the entire uniform now I strongly disagree. I think the shorts and socks make this uniform look ten times worse than now. You have a hem stripe that clashes with the side panel, a side panel that lines up with the shorts but doesn't quite match, socks that seem out of place and piping that mysteriously appears and disappears on the arms depending on how the player is positioned. I'll say this is perhaps one of the better efforts by Reebok, but it's still an overall train wreck.

DEATH TO REEBOK

And based on this link:

http://www.theahl.com/fanz/galleries/index.html?c=43

Am I to assume that Bridgeport is wearing pilon orange instead of white?

My goodness, the just when you think the Isles organization couldn't get any more laughable.

Seriously..I don't get it - there's no mention of a white jersey at all.

http://www.soundtigers.com/news/show?id=46

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Seeing the entire uniform now I strongly disagree. I think the shorts and socks make this uniform look ten times worse than now. You have a hem stripe that clashes with the side panel, a side panel that lines up with the shorts but doesn't quite match, socks that seem out of place and piping that mysteriously appears and disappears on the arms depending on how the player is positioned. I'll say this is perhaps one of the better efforts by Reebok, but it's still an overall train wreck.

I still don't like them but my read is that the disappearing piping on the arm is where the numbers will end up thus creating a "frame" for them if you get what I'm shooting at. It still looks awful but I think that's probably what they were going for.

I just saw the new Flyers (yeah I'm slow) and they are AWFUL. All they had to do was match up their old 70s jersey, they were tight like the Edge anyway.

I am crushed--why did they mess with it? WHY?????????

Templates should be banned.

Bring back the Whale!

To change the subject a bit, there's something that's been on my mind for a while. Why on earth is Nashville the only team to not have that "mandatory" triangle below the collar. There are the odd team out.

Its just a different collar option. Its the same one the Sabres used last year, and one would assume that they are gonna use it again.

Remember, not all jerseys have been unveiled yet. There could be more teams that utilize the wishbone style collar the Preds do.

Dunno if its been posted here yet, but calm down, the shoulder patches will go next year, they are just here for this year for the 100 year anniversary of Alberta hockey. I don't think the Oilers will use it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar.

espnsignq8.png

To change the subject a bit, there's something that's been on my mind for a while. Why on earth is Nashville the only team to not have that "mandatory" triangle below the collar. There are the odd team out.

Because they haven't gone for the tie-up look which requires the alternate piece of fabric, or triangle, behind the ties?

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

I thought that the Flames set was going to be really nice. Well, I was wrong. If they are just having the shoulder patches for one year, then I can live with it. The worst thing is that the piping goes nowhere. I thought that it actually connected the bottom stripe to the arm stripe, that would have been useful. The rest is good, especially the pants. B-

Nothing really to say about the Canadiens, I liked that they didn't do anything drastic although a tie-up might look nice. A-

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived