2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

If the Flames took off those flag patches and made the armpit pipe actually connect to the something on the sleeve, you'd have a B+ jersey.

But as is, I can only give it a B-. I do actually like it, but those two things are what irk me most.

The Canadiens, well, obviously nothing was going to be different, but I think this proves that you can't do a three colored collar without using additional piping around the collar. They should have just made the collar all blue here. (Or even all blue with laces.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the flames jersey isnt hideous. its not as good as their old ones, but its not bad. Better than the nucks anyway.

There is no way in HELL you can say that the flames jersey is better than the Nucks. I understand it's your opinion and your entitled to it, but... your WRONG :P . The flames just made the Nucks jersey look like a masterpiece.

the flames jersey isnt hideous. its not as good as their old ones, but its not bad. Better than the nucks anyway.

There is no way in HELL you can say that the flames jersey is better than the Nucks. I understand it's your opinion and your entitled to it, but... your WRONG :P . The flames just made the Nucks jersey look like a masterpiece.

so yeah, i didn't know the flames were from alberta and canada? i still thought they played in atlanta! :wacko:

FLAMES:

I commend the effort, it a nice "progressive" look (for a conservative province) , but there are just too many elements: piping, vertical stripes, etc... that don't quite line-up... It's a shame cos I thought these vertical stripes could grow on me...

From behind, the whole piping looks like a Ram head...

HABS:

Thank God they didn't mess with the design itself, but there is something about that new style of shoulders that look "sheepish", too angular, not the same ...

And the arm stripes: do they have to be angled like that??? ( I know it's the Edge pattern...) the Red Wings managed to keep theirs square...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

what a day with a good looking jersey and a crappy looking jersey. I've never been a huge fan of the Canadiens jerseys (go ahead, stone me) but I give them major credit for keeping their design, and they look good. As for the Flames... wow, just wow. What a travesty. The flags make the jerseys 10x worse. Nothing like a bright blue rectangle sticking out on the shoulder of a jersey.

I wish the Flames would drop black from their scheme. But given that that will not happen, I think that the white jersey would be pretty servicable without the flags. I would still prefer to see the logo on the red jersey not be black.

The flags are horrible. Just like I hope more teams don't start adding numbers to the front and large wordmarks, I hope we don't start getting state/province and national flags as a trend.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

what a day with a good looking jersey and a crappy looking jersey. I've never been a huge fan of the Canadiens jerseys (go ahead, stone me) but I give them major credit for keeping their design, and they look good. As

I won't stone you. I have never felt that Montreal had a great jersey. Just OK. But I agree that it is good that they kept the look going.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Is it me or is the C bigger on the Habs' white jersey than on the red?

The Flames....meh. The flags are stupid, especially the Alberta one (it might be borderline rational if they were the only team in the province, but Edmonton has something to say about that.) If you absolutely have to have a shoulder patch, and want to play up the Alberta angle, resurrect/modernize the Atlanta Flames logo, say it stands for "Alberta" and put that on the shoulder.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I kind of like that road Flames jersey. The piping is a mess of course, but at least it was done much nicer than the Florida Panthers (which, to me, are by far the worst of the new jerseys).

And the Canadiens are pretty good, if not a bit underwhelming. I think a lace-up collar would have worked, but it's still fine that they don't have it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't like the flags on the Flames jersey. There is both another Alberta team as well as numerous other Canadian teams.

That said what I find ironic is when these Flames designs fist leaked out back in June (remember they were the first to leak) most people that they were alright and if those were going to be the type of changes made during this that the hysteria over the new uniforms are overblown. Now when they are unveiled people are killing them calling them the worst. They are not worse that the Islanders and such. These are clearly based on the previous uniform and keep in line with the overall look the Flames have had for the last few seasons. Seems like bitching for the sake of bitching.

Many people in complaining about these are being hypocritical. They complain about teams just abandoning there overall look and when a team unveils one that is based on the previous uniform they complain and call the the worse. People complain about the loss of horizontal stripes at the bottom and call Ottawa and Tampa too plain. When Vancouver unveils a traditional design they complain and call the uniforms the worst. It' bitching for bitching sake.

Also with these Calgary uniforms once again show that team were very involved with the design process if they wanted to be.

I still don't like the black C for the Flames and I never will. I know they reached the finals in them and everyone at the Flames games seems to be wearing it, I still don't like it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I don't like the flags on the Flames jersey. There is both another Alberta team as well as numerous other Canadian teams.

That said what I find ironic is when these Flames designs fist leaked out back in June (remember they were the first to leak) most people that they were alright and if those were going to be the type of changes made during this that the hysteria over the new uniforms are overblown. Now when they are unveiled people are killing them calling them the worst. They are not worse that the Islanders and such. These are clearly based on the previous uniform and keep in line with the overall look the Flames have had for the last few seasons. Seems like bitching for the sake of bitching.

Many people in complaining about these are being hypocritical. They complain about teams just abandoning there overall look and when a team unveils one that is based on the previous uniform they complain and call the the worse. People complain about the loss of horizontal stripes at the bottom and call Ottawa and Tampa too plain. When Vancouver unveils a traditional design they complain and call the uniforms the worst. It' bitching for bitching sake.

Also with these Calgary uniforms once again show that team were very involved with the design process if they wanted to be.

You're painting these designs with a pretty broad stroke there, aren't ya?

Yes, Vancouver is just "traditional" and nothing else... there's no weird recolouring of the logo at all, there's no giant "VANCOUVER" thrown over the logo, there's no odd absence of green on the logo and numbers, it's just traditional -- so everyone who wants a traditional uniform MUST love that design.

Yes, Calgary based it off their previous design, sort of, but there are changes, and the changes make the jersey worse than they were last year. Random piping that ends in the middle of nowhere? I don't remember that element last year. The flags thrown on there for the sake of having SOMETHING there? Were those there too?

Bitching for the sake of bitching? More like "the vocal majority doesn't agree with me so I have to insult them".

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived