2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

But that "unofficial" Dallas home jersey has JUST black, white and gold. No green whatsoever. It isn't so much that they both use black and gold, but the fact that the only thing now different about them is a thin orange pipe on the Ducks jerseys. For division rivals, they definitely need something more to separate them.

I know that is a bad picture and maybe I'm just seeing something because I want to see it but aren't the stripes on the sleeve a very dark green? If it is indeed black (which would match the scheme of the white jersey) I would be disappointed. And not having a logo on the black jersey just makes it look so...plain.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Canucks should just have one main primary logo. Not two. Cause i dont like the white on the ice being white cause then it kind of ruins the logo. It would be better with just the other new logo they made.

Toronto has been doing that for quite a while and their logo is one of the most recognizable in pro sports. The Blue Orca logo wouldn't stand out enough on the blue jersey.

The Canucks should just have one main primary logo. Not two. Cause i dont like the white on the ice being white cause then it kind of ruins the logo. It would be better with just the other new logo they made.

Toronto has been doing that for quite a while and their logo is one of the most recognizable in pro sports. The Blue Orca logo wouldn't stand out enough on the blue jersey.

If memory servers me correct, hockey is the only sport you see the primary logo change colors based on the background.

There are other teams that change their logo up based on the background, but most just add a white keyline.

Toronto

Vancouver

Calgary (3 different variations)

Detroit

St. Louis (although the change is only Royal to Navy Blue)

Also the capitals used to do that. I'm sure there are others, and perhaps in other sports.

I guess you could say the Cardinals STL, but its not really the primary logo. Same with Detroit or the White Sox which could be their primary, but I'm not thinking its in the same ballpark IMO.

If memory servers me correct, hockey is the only sport you see the primary logo change colors based on the background.

Well to be fair, hockey is the only (major N. American) sport that has logos as the focus of their jerseys. (Baseball and basketball primarily use wordmarks, and football is just numbers)

Well to be fair, hockey is the only (major N. American) sport that has logos as the focus of their jerseys. (Baseball and basketball primarily use wordmarks, and football is just numbers)

Correct, but hockey's color changes extend off the jerseys onto print materials and merchandise as well.

I know its not a huge deal, I just found it interesting.

Correct, but hockey's color changes extend off the jerseys onto print materials and merchandise as well.

I know its not a huge deal, I just found it interesting.

Well if you are going by that and such then Hockey being the only sport where logos can change colors based on the background isn't true.

The Yankees NY logo comes to mind. On the home pinstripe uniform it's blue and on the batting practice it's white. Same thing for the cap version of the same logo. Also the St. Louis Cardinals cap logo also changes depending on background.

Philly will have an alt orange jersey next year.

No, they won't, unless they would wear orange on the road and black at home. There have been numerous times were it has been said the NHL will not have alternate jerseys next season.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...ge&id=11953

What colors are available?

Black and white jerseys are available this year. A third orange jersey will be released next year.

They will.

Right, as has been said numerous times. There are no alternates in 2007-2008. They will return in 2008-2009 (next year).

Yes I know, I'm talking about 2008-2009. <_<

espnsignq8.png

I'm bummed that the Kings didnt use this oppurtunity to lose the script at the bottom.

That would have been a huge upgrade. Is it really necessary to have Los Angeles on the bottom? They also should have gone with the old style crown.

I disagree about the crown. The older crown was a queen's crown, not a king's. I think the new one is a nice update.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm bummed that the Kings didnt use this oppurtunity to lose the script at the bottom.

That would have been a huge upgrade. Is it really necessary to have Los Angeles on the bottom? They also should have gone with the old style crown.

I disagree about the crown. The older crown was a queen's crown, not a king's. I think the new one is a nice update.

I agree, but it could use a little tweak. It needs some bolder lines. I love the hockey sticks on top, though.

The Canucks have two logos because the logos need to be contrasted and visible against the jerseys. White on white, and blue on blue is less visible.

exactly

i dont hear people whining about the maple leafs having 2 main logos

The Canucks have two logos because the logos need to be contrasted and visible against the jerseys. White on white, and blue on blue is less visible.

This is pretty peculiar with the Canucks because they now only have one C stick in rink logo...

There are other teams that change their logo up based on the background, but most just add a white keyline.

Toronto

Vancouver

Calgary (3 different variations)

Detroit

St. Louis (although the change is only Royal to Navy Blue)

Also the capitals used to do that. I'm sure there are others, and perhaps in other sports.

I guess you could say the Cardinals STL, but its not really the primary logo. Same with Detroit or the White Sox which could be their primary, but I'm not thinking its in the same ballpark IMO.

Don't know if this was mentioned.

But I was looking around the Avalanche website and noticed in the ad for season tickets might be a little preview of the Avs jersey.

SeasonTix320x165_2.jpg

rumors is that theyre pretty much gonna look the same.

all we see in that pic is a cropped close up image of the yeti print shoulder patch

Vancouver & LA did this...LA on the bottom, Vancouver on top (no pun intended) and it looks lame for both jerseys.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Vancouver & LA did this...LA on the bottom, Vancouver on top (no pun intended) and it looks lame for both jerseys.

Add Nashville's roads and maybe Dallas's homes to the list...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived