2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The Calgary set is not perfect, by any means. The flags look ridiculous as shoulder patches, the piping on the back is terrible. That said, Calgary's new uniforms are still a step up from the Vancouver, Florida and Nashville sets. Vancouver's could have been nice; could have been. The quasi-futuristic-retro wordmark killed that set for me.

Only a few teams have gotten it right so far, and I really hope that the rest set to unveil have taken cues from the "Original" 6 and Columbus. If the Blackhawks put any piping on their jerseys, I swear to God...his has got to be the worst league-wide uniform overhaul ever. Even worse than the CFL. And those are bad. Except for Winnipeg. But I might be biased on that one.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be in the minority, but I actually like Calgary's new jerseys. The only thing I don't like with them is what most here don't like, that's the flags on the shoulders. I can certainly accept the Canadian flag on the left shoulder, but the Alberta flag on the right shoulder? That's where I don't. It simply doesn't match the team color scheme. If I had a choice between bringing the ugly horsehead secondary logo versus no shoulder patches at all, I'd rather have nothing there.

Montreal's new jerseys... great job in preserving their traditional look. So few tiny detailing changes from last year's, you cannot obviously see them unless you truly examine the jerseys. I see they at least kept the same numbering font, too. Haven't seen the nameplate font yet in where I hope that was kept the same, too. Habs fans should be really happy with what they have now.

Speaking of Winnipeg, the NHL Tournament of Logos blog has Jets jersey concepts. I like the 1990s jersey in the new RBK template, but that is about it.

nouveau_jersey.jpg

Thank goodness.

It really seems like only the original 6 are going to be wearing anything remotely traditional.

It's funny, the slim fit on a traditional jersey makes it look more retro than futuristic.... it reminds me of the tighter fitting wool sweaters of old.

Nice job Habs. (ugh, as a Leaf fan, that felt dirty :D )

The CGY jersey suffers from some of the same striping inconsistencies as Vancouver. For example, the top and bottom of the sleeve stripe / cuff on the red jersey is the same color as the piping and outside of the side stripe. On the white jersey, the top of the sleeve stripe is black, the bottom is red, the piping is red, and the outside of the side stripe is black. If those elements were either all red or all black, it may work better.

Other than that, connect the piping, lose the horizontal hem stripe, lose the laces (my only complaint about their IMO beautiful last set BTW) and lose the patches and this would be acceptable.

As it stands, as long as Florida and Nashville are still in the league, it isn't the worst (I'd put it in front of Vancouver and NYI also) but it could be better.

If in fact the Blues are to go with a similar look, I wouldn't be surprised if they corrected the inconsistencies displayed here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nouveau_jersey.jpg

Thank goodness.

It really seems like only the original 6 are going to be wearing anything remotely traditional.

It's funny, the slim fit on a traditional jersey makes it look more retro than futuristic.... it reminds me of the tighter fitting wool sweaters of old.

Nice job Habs. (ugh, as a Leaf fan, that felt dirty :D )

I really thought the Habs would have gone with the laces on the neck, well it looks great anyhow, hope the Leafers look as nice

I still don't like the black C for the Flames and I never will. I know they reached the finals in them and everyone at the Flames games seems to be wearing it, I still don't like it.

Completely agree. BLACK FIRE anyone?

Yeah, I much prefer the original white C. As for the new jerseys, I wasn't sure the Flames could do something I'd like even less than the mid 90's jerseys, but they've proven me wrong. I can understand wanting to patriotic, and I even think its admirable, but the flag patches look terrible, and the Alberta Flag just doesn't fit in their design at all. Surely there's something else they could have used as a shoulder patch if they felt they needed one. Or is using the Provinicial flag just a way to piss off Oiler's fans? :suspect:

edit: Hmm, guess I should create a new sig with the revamped Canucks logo in it.

Hey, the jersey's havn't offically been revealed. Just maybe, they'll stitch the patches off :D

The original link was from the team's official website. I guess they took it down because it wasn't supposed to be released yet.

Why couldn't Calgary do with their province flag what Phoenix did with their state flag?

Because everyone would think that it was Manitoba. Or Saskatchewan.

:upside:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why couldn't Calgary do with their province flag what Phoenix did with their state flag?

Because Tucson doesn't have a team...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You mean the cheesiest jerseys to be unveiled yet Flames jersey? Basically the Quad City jersey with the alberta flags as shoulder patches...laughable.

I doubt the Habs jersey is anything to be unveiling, they are way too into tradition to change their jersey up any.

Errmm.. where'd that come from?

Probably the same source that told him the Canucks made it to the 3rd round in the playoffs, have the best goalie in the league, have the best defense, and 2 of the best at cycling the puck downlow... <_<

Yeah lets have all the teams add their state flag to their jersey then the Country flag on the other side...just so they can remember which province/state and country they play for, so maybe they can get drunk accordingly and not get arrested.

Flames jerseys are brutal and i do love the fact that people think the Canucks suck considering Luongo and Brodeur had career years with 45+ wins and had their teams MAKE the playoffs which means it was a successful season, the post season is a different animal altogether btw. At least we made it past 1st round.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I don't mind the idea of putting the Alberta flag into a logo, or possibly just the crest, on the shoulder. It's not a bad crest. But A) it looks goofy as a flag patch and B ) it has nothing to do with the Calgary color scheme, at all.

I really don't mind Phoenix's flag/state logo, but it's not just a flag. And it matches their color scheme. And I liked how the Nordiques used to incorporate elements of the Quebec flag into their design, but that's a case where province pride is equal to if not greater than country pride. So it made sense.

The crest of the flag is nice, and it's a nice idea, but it just doesn't make sense for this jersey.

The Phoenix one is coloured to their logo and made apart of their logo package, it works like that. If Calgary did something like that then fine, but they didn't. I don't even know why they decided to stray away from the horse theme, they are all about that type of theme i mean the shape of their arena, the stampede, the calgary stampede CFL team...etc.

They could have come up with a better horse head logo and put it on as a patch, lack of creativity hurt their jersey as well as like 70+% of the jerseys unveiled so far.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived