2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Dunno if its been posted here yet, but calm down, the shoulder patches will go next year, they are just here for this year for the 100 year anniversary of Alberta hockey. I don't think the Oilers will use it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar.

If they want to celebrate 100 years of hockey then why don't they just make a patch that says that? By doing so the uniform would look so much better and they'd create an instant collectible for those that like to collect such things.

pure laziness & greed

DEATH TO REEBOK

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunno if its been posted here yet, but calm down, the shoulder patches will go next year, they are just here for this year for the 100 year anniversary of Alberta hockey. I don't think the Oilers will use it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar.

If they want to celebrate 100 years of hockey then why don't they just make a patch that says that? By doing so the uniform would look so much better and they'd create an instant collectible for those that like to collect such things.

pure laziness & greed

Werd.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

To change the subject a bit, there's something that's been on my mind for a while. Why on earth is Nashville the only team to not have that "mandatory" triangle below the collar. There are the odd team out.

p3536302dt.jpg

Is that the one thing that sticks out to you? It's an ugly jersey all around...nothing is good about it. Nashville should get a do-over by the NHL and RBK just because these ones are soo butt fugly.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

One die-hard Flames fan I know personally absolutely LOVES the new jerseys and desparately wants to buy one. (And said that if he had his own team here, he wouldn't hesitate to put the Nova Scotia flag on it.) And he is stunned that 60% of Flames fans hate based on a poll on the Flames website.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't think that the hockey "history" has anything to do with using a tie-up collar.

I think it depends on the jersey style. It just happends to be that those with hockey history have the type of style (less or no piping) that warrants a tie. For example, montreal, minnesota, and boston have to me what look like old-style jerseys. Calgary and the Oiler's old 3rd are trying to be a modern style, which I feel is detracted by the tie.

I don't know if anyone saw but on the front page of cbc's hockey page there's a link to a sneak peek at the Maple Leafs new unis. But it never seems to work for me.

don't waste your time... the "sneak peek" is a terrible fake, I don't know how they believed it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Thankfully, the Flames roster is made up of more than half (estimate) of Canadians, but I still feel weird looking at Kipper with a Canadian flag on the shoulder... or should they wear their country of origin instead? Would be cool to see Nolan and Regehr

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Hey, I was just wondering. Is the Central Hockey League going to Edge jerseys as well?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't see the big deal with the Canadiens having different designs. It looks fine the way it is now. And, according to NHLUniforms, they only wore the whites with the similar stripes to the red jersey for a couple of seasons in the mid-40s anyways. If they haven't changed the look in the last 70+ years, it would have been very doubtful that they are going to change them anytime soon.

Completely agree. BLACK FIRE anyone?

I'm really disappointed in a lot of the Flames' design choices - the patches, the random piping, the mismatched sock striping...but I'm most bothered by their insistence on the overdone BBQ black "C" logo. I remember their AHL affiliate Moncton Golden Flames using a yellow "M" logo briefly in the mid-1980's and it didn't look too bad. Can anyone with better design skills than me do a mock-up of the red jersey with a yellow "C" with a black outline to define it? I think it's a sharper solution to the "we're sick of the white logo" than their black "C."

Moncton6.jpg

To change the subject a bit, there's something that's been on my mind for a while. Why on earth is Nashville the only team to not have that "mandatory" triangle below the collar. There are the odd team out.

Because they haven't gone for the tie-up look which requires the alternate piece of fabric, or triangle, behind the ties?

Sabres will be this way too...

Is that the one thing that sticks out to you? It's an ugly jersey all around...nothing is good about it. Nashville should get a do-over by the NHL and RBK just because these ones are soo butt fugly.

I disagree...and as a die-hard fan of the Predators, that's all that really matters to the team.

There are a few changes/ additions that I think would be nice (putting the yellow strip back at the bottom, for one), but I like the jersey and have one coming my way on the 13th (or whenever the NHL starts shipping them out).

I am not under the impression the triangle was "mandatory", but is simply an element of severeal of the collars there was to chose from.

That I could've lived with.

capnfla4dc9.jpg

god these things are ugly. I don't even know where to begin with this. I really want to know if this jersey was a Patsox designs or if Calgary paid Patsox to redesign their uniforms.

1. the bbq'ed C. I don't know, i never warmed up to the logo. but thats because i'm more used to seeing the flames with the red and white C for so many years before the bbq'ed C.

2. Piping. Rarely does it look good but in this case it looks ugly.

3. the stripe colors. The red jersey is fine but on the white jersey their seems to be two shades of yellow/gold. On the arms the yellow is lighter but on the bottom and side panels they have a more orangish tint to it. Maybe Pantone can helpe me out on this one. because i'm seeing two shades of yellow/gold.

4. Side panels/hemline combo. I don't know who thought this look like a nice design element but it is ugly. is it really difficult to make it simple and do something similar to the V pattern and maybe make it a bit rounded off like the sleeves.

5. Country/.province flags. This is the best they can come up with? my sentiments is with everyone else.

6. socks and pants. The pics of the socks and pants aren't working for me so i won't comment.

Potentially good design but ruined by adding to many elements to the design. This is something i expect from Patsox not a professional designer for a professional team.

Grade: D+ Not as ugly as the slugs, panthers/preds hybrid but still fails to pass.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Was this "100 year anniversary of Alberta hockey" given any further explanation? The history of hockey in what became Alberta goes back to ~ 1895 (1, 2) so it can't be that. The only thing I can think of is the anniversary of a specific league or organization being formed, but can't think of what it would be. *

Maybe they're commemorating an Edmonton amateur team (Eskimos) challenging for the Stanley Cup in 1908? :P

* edit: Answering my own question... the Alberta Amateur Hockey Association was formed on November 29, 1907 "However, no team or association from Calgary or anywhere south of Alberta’s largest city came to the meeting. Calgary wanted no part of the AAHA..." Apparently no Calgary / southern Alberta teams joined the AAHA until three years later which makes the Flames celebration of this anniversary more than a little odd.

edit (again): Also, this centennial has it's own mediocre logo, making the Alberta flag patch even more unnecessary:

HA-logo---centennial.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

look at all that stuff going on from this angle:

the arms, the hemline, the piping, the pants, the socks.......all different. Nothing is uniform on this outfit.

Those socks are beyond belief. UGGGGGGGGGGGLY

Wow, those are entirely too busy and nonsensical. There's not any part of the entire uniform that seems to make any sense in relation to the other part... the ONLY way these could get worse (besides just using 18 random colors) would be if both sleeves had different designs. These are awful.

Archived