2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

"I know it a little late, but we felt that it was time to pay our respect to the victims of Katrina. Many of the flood victims in New Orleans refugees have chosen to settle in Dallas, leaving behind their beloved New Orleans Saints. As a gesture to these New Orleansianites we have removed the green from our home jerseys to resemble the Saints' jerseys. We just want the refugees to feel at home and come support their new home team.....the DALLAS Stars."

-Doug Armstrong

Found this on the net. :D

Of all the lame, half-assed, and likely untrue...

Yeah, habsfan, gonna need a source for this one other than "I found it on the Internet."

It wasn't to be taken seriously. I'm surprised some people actually thought this was true. I just posted it because I found it funny and I wasn't expecting anyone to think this was really something Doug Armstrong said.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you post a pic you lucky 08 owner !

if i could find my digi-cam, I would, but even then It's not a huge difference

looks sharper (maybe some redefining of the wing tips?) and the blue is definitely darker.....like the blue seen in the Kariya "pant leak" pictures....

heck, if i find the camera ill post it but dont wait up

How do you have NHL 08? Its not even out yet...

I went to a store on the release date and bought it. No smoke & mirrors necessary.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achieve...%5d%3adh)k%3fzu

gamertag = Tha Mailman

that said, i think it looking different was just an optical illusion. EA has this 3D shading thing going on with the logos to make them stand out and i think thats why i thought it looked different at first. (e.g. outside is darker but center is lighter). much of the note looks inky blue almost black....but it's just the effect they have on it

ps: found the camera, cant find the USB for it lol

Well isn't that convient. :rolleyes:

And I'm 21 so please shut it, lots of people play and care about videogames, we're not pedophile or something like that it's a regular hobby...

To get back on topic, best thing to do would just do a V.3 of the topic to start over fresh !

Even if I shut up, I'm still going to type. You have a hobby - that's fantastic. Nobody's saying it's not. I just think you guys should discuss it in the appropriate place.

I agree, it's probably time to start over, but the mods will make that call.

Also, nobody mentioned pedophilia until you did. Do you have something on your conscience that you'd like to share?

I think the real thing here is the fact that the discussing on the games has relevence. We want the game information because it leads to jersey information.

Therefore the discussing of videogames makes perfect sense. As long as the said game is NHL 08, or NHL 2K8

How come everyone has NHL 08 and it doesnt come out until the 13th in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe there not telling the truth, maybe they have a connection, maybe there playing a demo, or maybe EA doesn't like Hamilton. :P

untitled-6.jpg

How come everyone has NHL 08 and it doesnt come out until the 13th in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're the reason I hope the Leafs jerseys suck. Here's to piping, silver, front numbers, oversized logos, and, dare I say, a huge Comic Sans wordmark.

Oh yeah, that'd be sweet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

According to an inside source of mine the Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys will be solid one-colour... all blue for the home, all white for the roads with nothing more than the logo on the chest.

No horizontal stripes, no vertical stripes, just plain one colour -- "Looks like a practice jersey".

He has provided me with accurate information in the past so I would assume this is accurate as well.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

According to an inside source of mine the Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys will be solid one-colour... all blue for the home, all white for the roads with nothing more than the logo on the chest.

No horizontal stripes, no vertical stripes, just plain one colour -- "Looks like a practice jersey".

He has provided me with accurate information in the past so I would assume this is accurate as well.

Oh man oh man. This sounds like an abomination.

Thank god im not a leafs fan in the least.

The numbers and letters on the blue will be blue and on the white will be white, right?

Well, that certainly sounds like something worth shelling out $120 for, doesn't it? One-color letters and numbers, too, I would assume?

If this pans out, the Leafs organization will find out the difference between "clean and classic" and "plain and boring" rather quickly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sounds like the uber-conservative-traditionalists will be pleased. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The numbers and letters on the blue will be blue and on the white will be white, right?

Well that is keeping with Maple Leaf tradition. :P

That said this is from the Maple Leafs website:

The latest incarnation of the Maple Leafs sweater is debuted Wednesday. Every team in the NHL is moving over to a more streamlined, engineered to sweep heat away from the player and present a more streamlined profile. Look for a tighter, though no more restrictive jersey with minimal changes except, perhaps, to the lines at the bottom of the uniform. Tune in to Leafs TV's Leafs Today Wednesday at 3 p.m. to watch the unveiling live.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=336934

roflwk5.gif

Really?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I don't know. But if that were the case, I would expect it to be the predators template minus all the colors, keeping only the piping on the sleeves and sides.

roflwk5.gif

Anyone remember this?

leafs.jpg

Well, that certainly sounds like something worth shelling out $120 for, doesn't it? One-color letters and numbers, too, I would assume?

If this pans out, the Leafs organization will find out the difference between "clean and classic" and "plain and boring" rather quickly.

Numbers are apparently the same style and colours as the ones the Toronto Marlies used last season... leafs number font, but blue/white/blue on white, white/blue/white on blue.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Sounds like the opposite of the Vancouver jersey design. Excessive minimalism vs. clutter.

Archived