2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting sick of this template bit.

People already know that RBK has it's designers and the NHL teams have veto power to say yes or no or add this or that to the jerseys. Some of these "same template as..." is basically blank jerseys with stripes which is what the leafs jersey is, the entire jersey has 2 stripes on each arm and that's it.

I don't know why the leafs didn't add a white collar to the home jerseys, they added blue to the white ones but not white to the blue ones.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I like the Leafs white a lot... They're both basically the same, but I guess visually, the blue jersey blends in with the blue pants without any hemline and/or bottom stripes, so it looks kinda awkward.

But the white one on Kabby looks awesome.

Wade-sig.png

I agree MVP, white looks good but when I had the Marlies and Leafs unis up side by side, Marlies just looked better because of the shoulder logo. The Leafs jersey is already growing on me but I would prefer the TML on the shoulder. Also, Kabbys "A" looks good the way its outlined but it looks weird when its next to the Leaf.

Those are :censored:! What were the Leafs thinking? I dont mind the Avs unis, there decent. But wow, the Leafs blew it big time.
The point of removing the hem stripes and shoulder logo was? God, houseleague hockey teams have better unis then the Leafs. Im extremely disappointed here.
The Leafs could have kept the TML shoulder logo or gone back to the vintage Leaf...this is a money grab. 2 minimal stupid ass changes so ppl buy the new uni.
Man, the Leafs blew it big time. BIGGGGGGG time.
I refuse go buy a new Leafs jersey. My now "defunct" jersey from last season will be the last Leafs jersey I own unil they A) Add hem stripes, B) Get a wicked alternate with the vintage crest.
Ok, one last shot at the Leafs jersey, ditching the hem stripe...fine Im ok with it, Im not but I can deal with it, but at least add a shoulder patch, it looks awful without one. I also dislike the cuffs on the sleeves, there not even noticeable.
I agree MVP, white looks good but when I had the Marlies and Leafs unis up side by side, Marlies just looked better because of the shoulder logo. The Leafs jersey is already growing on me but I would prefer the TML on the shoulder. Also, Kabbys "A" looks good the way its outlined but it looks weird when its next to the Leaf.
Damnit, everytime I look at the Leafs jerseys I like them more and more! I give in, Im buying a Colaiacovo one asap.

You are a complete clown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

UPGRADES

--Sabres (vs two years ago). I know. It's the slug and everything we hate. HUGE disappointment, but the Sabres are blue and gold. They blew it, but it is still an improvement.

The Sabres are navy and "atheletic gold", not royal blue and yellow. Aside from the logo being terrible, their makeover was bad because it wasn't the return to tradition that was promised. At least the red and black look wasn't pretending to honor their past. Navy is not an update over royal blue.

What was promised? The Sabres didn't return to blue and gold, they changed their colors. They incorporated the original logo in the uniforms (3rd, back of the helmet), but they went with a new look, a look that is pretty damn sharp. This isn't 1970. Royal and gold aren't a combo that works in today's world. They got the colors right: Navy, gold and silver. A modern twist on the original colors.

Not a surprising comment coming from someone with "old" in their username.

Those are :censored:! What were the Leafs thinking? I dont mind the Avs unis, there decent. But wow, the Leafs blew it big time.
The point of removing the hem stripes and shoulder logo was? God, houseleague hockey teams have better unis then the Leafs. Im extremely disappointed here.
The Leafs could have kept the TML shoulder logo or gone back to the vintage Leaf...this is a money grab. 2 minimal stupid ass changes so ppl buy the new uni.
I refuse go buy a new Leafs jersey. My now "defunct" jersey from last season will be the last Leafs jersey I own unil they A) Add hem stripes, B) Get a wicked alternate with the vintage crest.
Ok, one last shot at the Leafs jersey, ditching the hem stripe...fine Im ok with it, Im not but I can deal with it, but at least add a shoulder patch, it looks awful without one. I also dislike the cuffs on the sleeves, there not even noticeable.
Damnit, everytime I look at the Leafs jerseys I like them more and more! I give in, Im buying a Colaiacovo one asap.

...and screw you too. Ever heard of, change of heart? Maybe I didnt like them at first and after seeing a million images of them over the net theyve grown on me.

I usually try to avoid posting in this thread...it's just so nuts.

However, that "Athletic Gold" vs. "Yellow" argument is so ridiculous, it always makes me laugh.

Justify it all you want...call it whatever you want...just don't try to state it as fact. Some teams call a color Yellow, some will call it Gold. Doesn't matter.

I could call the Packers' Gold - Yellow, and why not? It's Yellow, it's Gold. To-may-Toe, To-MAH-toe.

...and screw you too. Ever heard of, change of heart? Maybe I didnt like them at first and after seeing a million images of them over the net theyve grown on me.

Your just an idiot, plain and simple....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I usually try to avoid posting in this thread...it's just so nuts.

However, that "Athletic Gold" vs. "Yellow" argument is so ridiculous, it always makes me laugh.

Justify it all you want...call it whatever you want...just don't try to state it as fact. Some teams call a color Yellow, some will call it Gold. Doesn't matter.

I could call the Packers' Gold - Yellow, and why not? It's Yellow, it's Gold. To-may-Toe, To-MAH-toe.

I used the term "athletic gold" because it was explained to me that it is a slightly-orangier shade of yellow. I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like the Sabres are using the same shade of "gold" as they previously did. More importantly, though, was my point about navy and royal blue. Navy and royal are not one in the same. They aren't interchangeable. I think that if the Sabres wouldn't go back to their original colors, they shouldn't have even messed around with it. These colors have nothing to do with the previous ones. The Sabres didn't return to "their colors".

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just out of curiosity...how many teams actually list "Yellow" as a color instead of "Athletic Gold"?

Are there any teams that list both?

I don't have a single team in my database (over 6,000 pro franchises, and over 4,000 colleges) that list any of their colors as "Athletic Gold". Not one. I believe that term comes from uniform manufacturers - twill, fabrics, etc. - to visually identify a particular color.

The problem is that in reality, as long as there are Pantone equivilents, or CMYK values, a color can be called whatever someone wants. I mean, who's to say what this particular color should be called:

ColorValues_PANTONE1235C.jpg

I mean, is it Gold? Yellow? Light Orange? I've seen it called all three.

It's Packers/Steelers/Pacers/Redskins/Sabres Yellow. Uh, Gold.

Avs: What the :censored:! Black pants?! still. The worst thing about the old uniforms was the completely uneccesary use of black. At least they tried to incorporate black a little into the old jerseys. I don't see black anywhere on these new ones. So why use black pants? If you want dark colored pants, darken your blue to a navy and then use navy pants and helmets, but when you use black pants with not black to speak of in your uniforms, well then you become rec league. And because the jerseys are not as strong stylisticly as the old ones, the black pants stand out even more. Huge downgrade. The avs had more to lose in terms of tradition than the panthers or predators and they just took a giant dump on it. This pisses me off, and I'm not even close to being an Avalanche fan. From now on I will refer to them as the Corolado Alavanche.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived