2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31894936.jpg

Well, Fishsticks.

Or, lack thereof.

I know it's classic, timeless, traditional, etc...but I was kinda hoping the Isles would take a chance with this and try another look. I might get Fishsticked right out the door too, but it would be an effort.

That being said, I'm very meh. Until I see other pics, my judgement is middle of the road. I don't hate it by a long shot, but they could do better.

Red Wings? Well, I loathe the team, its traditions, its simplicity, and its "holier than thou" aura (spoken like a true Preds fan, I know)...but I like what they did here. Updated their look with a mistake-triggered link to the past. In a way, the Bruin-ed it up, on a very minor sense. And as much as I hate them...they made better EDGE changes than we (Preds) did.

I also have to thank those of you who explained the seam detail on the Wings' C problem and tied it in with the nudged NYR wordmark. It finally makes sense to me now, and as a result, the Rangers' jerseys are very solid.

One more comment on the Isles...am I the only one sick of that alt "logo?" Dude. It's arbitrary stripes. I know they have significance...do something with them. Please. For the love of all things deep-fried and fattening, please.

I know Fisherman set=pure evil to most, but I saw a concept using the lighthouse alt from that set as a primary, and integrating the 4 stripes INTO that. I love the 4-stripe significance on the jersey...as long as it's not just dumped on there. A subtle detail should do (like the lighthouse); alt logos should not require dotted outlines.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Also there is a bit of a spolier in this article. Where it states "The Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players? numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

So that either means that there are 2 more teams adding the numbers to the front of the jerseys. Let the debate begin.

On the NHL tournament of logos. The sabres will look great this year.

Sabres-006.gif

I'm assuming the Tournament of Logos site creator reads this forum. Because I created that jersey almost a year ago and can't think of a reason why someone would have posted it elsewhere. (Of course, why they uploaded it to their own Photobucket account and not just link from mine is intriguing).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

"One more comment on the Isles...am I the only one sick of that alt "logo?" Dude. It's arbitrary stripes. I know they have significance...do something with them. Please. "

IDK--they have a nautical feel--like something you may find near a lighthouse or something...or maybe I just think that because it makes sense and thats what I read somewhere....

Now I'm a Ranger fan and I hate the Isles as much as the next guy...but I just feel bad for everyone who has to see these at any point, and doubly for those that have to wear them on the ice. I do not like green eggs and ham, and I do not like these.

And no, I would not wear them in a box or with a fox...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The DiPietro pictures sure don't make the sweaters appear more form-fitting, or am I mistaken?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's the article from that news source:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...0,1248933.story

Why in the hell would anybody quote a freakin' FASHION DESIGNER about NHL uniforms? That, more than any other example I can think of, is what's wrong with this situation.

What's really amazing is that the fashion designer thinks that the Isles uniforms are "overly designed and too busy". :D

I like 'em. They remind me of the Penguins' Stanley Cup look, and the colors look great together, even if the blue is wrong. The detailing sucks, but it's much less noticeable on the players than it is when hanging on the rack.

The Islanders’ newest jersey design combines the heritage of the team with its magnificent logo, along with a unique trendy appeal.

Translation: "This mishmash is going to look incredibly dated in 3 years, assuming it doesn't already."

In addition, the uniform incorporates the traditional tie strings in the front and maintains the same design of the old shoulder patch of the lighthouse.

For a brief, fleeting moment, I thought all our dreams had come true, and the lighthouse logo had returned as a patch on the left shoulder. Then, I sadly realized that "lighthouse" now means the four Stanley Cup stripes already on the right shoulder. Sigh. So much for giving me any incentive to purchase this one.

For ticket plan holders, new blank adult jerseys drop from $135 to $75 and personalized jerseys with name/number lower from $210 to $150.

$135 for a replica? Good luck with that.

It took input from countless individuals and years of re-working for the Islanders to finally approve of the new Rbk Edge Uniform design they felt epitomized the next phase in franchise history.

The new outfit was designed through a process of comparing samples from both internally designed jerseys and those produced by Reebok. The final decision was made with input from Islanders executives, players and coaches.

Once again, more evidence that flies in the face of everyone irrationally screaming, "RBK is ruining the league!" The individual teams are having a hell of a lot of input into these designs. If you want to assign blame for your team's lazy, ugly, piping-ridden template, look to the club's front office.

Oh, and for everything that's busy and overdone with this sweater, at least they're back to two-color numbers:

jersey_3_article.jpgstory_3_witt_articleA.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived