2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at that Senators jersey makes me enjoy the Predators jersey that much more. The Preds jersey -- t-shirt style be damned -- at least looks like something new. The Sens? It just....is. It exists and that's all. There's no personality!

I have the opposite reaction.

The more I see a relatively restrained design like the Senators, the more foolish the Predators' sweaters look.

That's valid. I think the Preds look will always be polarizing, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was by design. Of all the new looks, I think it's the most "out there" (excepting the Panthers, which I think we can all agree looks just terrible).

I mostly consider myself a traditionalist, but I feel the NHL redesigns are changing all of that. My favorite looks so far have been the Islanders and the Predators, whereas I never particularly liked either of those teams before. And while so many are in love with the Bruins redesign, to me it's good and clean and solid, but far from mind-blowing. Basically, I'm excited to see what CRAZY ideas these teams come up with next! (I'm looking at you, Atlanta and Buffalo!)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

meh, what worries me more is the jerseys. If they change to the new ones theyll be too busy, however, if they keep the current ones and nix the shoulder patches, itll look too plain.

heh, as long as we still pwn on the ice. :D

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The Sens jerseys once again prove how stupid hockey uniforms look without hemline stripes.

And the striping on the back of the socks? Absolutely ridiculous.

I can't believe marketing teams actually think this stuff looks "cool."

But at least the Sens made one good move in putting that great shoulder patch.

capnSEN6.jpg

Would it really kill them to add some stripes around the waist on these? Ditch the silly pointy element on each side of the back and make two equal width stripes around the waist and you'd have a really decent looking jersey.

That white one without waist stripes just looks way, way too empty. It's another practice jersey with fancy sleeves.

At least they have a secondary logo and no armpit piping. I'd give it a yawn and a C- at best. Add the waist stripes and it would be a nice respectable B.

What they should have done...

2762561360100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2708628800100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

You can't have the stripes around the waist because these jerseys are TEH EDGEZORZ!!! STRIPES ON TEH BOTTOM OF TEH JURSEES WILL SLOW TEH PLAYORZ DOWN!!! DESIGNED LIKE THIS TEH PLAYORS ARE TEH SOUPOR FAST SPEEDY VROOM!

capnSEN6.jpg

Would it really kill them to add some stripes around the waist on these? Ditch the silly pointy element on each side of the back and make two equal width stripes around the waist and you'd have a really decent looking jersey.

That white one without waist stripes just looks way, way too empty. It's another practice jersey with fancy sleeves.

At least they have a secondary logo and no armpit piping. I'd give it a yawn and a C- at best. Add the waist stripes and it would be a nice respectable B.

You can't have the stripes around the waist because these jerseys are TEH EDGEZORZ!!! STRIPES ON TEH BOTTOM OF TEH JURSEES WILL SLOW TEH PLAYORZ DOWN!!! DESIGNED LIKE THIS TEH PLAYORS ARE TEH SOUPOR FAST SPEEDY VROOM!

New Era Caps make lousy quality hats anyway. :cursing:

That's valid. I think the Preds look will always be polarizing, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was by design. Of all the new looks, I think it's the most "out there" (excepting the Panthers, which I think we can all agree looks just terrible).

I mostly consider myself a traditionalist, but I feel the NHL redesigns are changing all of that. My favorite looks so far have been the Islanders and the Predators, whereas I never particularly liked either of those teams before. And while so many are in love with the Bruins redesign, to me it's good and clean and solid, but far from mind-blowing. Basically, I'm excited to see what CRAZY ideas these teams come up with next! (I'm looking at you, Atlanta and Buffalo!)

I agree about the Preds jerseys...that was honestly my first thought when they unveiled them at our rally. I just wish they would have but the yellow stripe around the bottom like the old Uni's. I've already ordered one!

I wanna see more hats :) All of them!! Especially the Avalanche. Not that i'm worried about them changing logos, more scared about what hypocracy they might be convinced into doing with the uni's if they don't stand up for themselves to the Reebok guys

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Oh dear God, NO! Those things are HIDEOUS! Seriously, people LIKE that? They'd be the laughing stock of the league not to mention the fact that they are just HIDEOUS.

I agree completely.

As for what they went with, it's not that bad, but as everyone else has noted a horizontal stripe or two could have helped. The socks are silly. And the shoulder patches are lame.

They should have used the side-profiled logo as the crest.

And I think it would look better in black, with red and gold trim.

Oh wait, nevermind. These uniforms suck!

Looking at that Senators jersey makes me enjoy the Predators jersey that much more. The Preds jersey -- t-shirt style be damned -- at least looks like something new. The Sens? It just....is. It exists and that's all. There's no personality!

I REALLY don't mind the jersey itself, I don't mind the bright red, dark black and lightish gold, but what I do mind is that shoulder logo. It does not belong and should not belong, it ruins this jersey.

We get it. You don't like the fact that the Senators are honouring the great teams of the past. You just don't have to bring it up in every single one of your posts.

Captured it from my tv.

leafs.jpg

That sooo ain't it. Nothing close to what it is going to look like. Considering silver is nowhere to be found in the new look. This hat is purely white and blue, no silver piping anywhere.

22-08-07_1734.jpg

As for the new Sens unis... I think the uniforms themselves look great and that the sharp red, black and white work very well together, same with the lighter gold of the crest logo. One thing about the look that boils my blood like nothing else is that shoulder logo which has no right being there. Disgusting, absolutly disgusting. I am sure most people here know my gripes with Sens stealing history which doesn't belong to them and I am pissed at the NHL for allowing them to piss on the reputations of a former, proud team.

In addition, I don't get why the have the side view logo if they aren't even going to use it.

22-08-07_1728.jpg

So we can base the Leafs new jerseys off of a crappy shot of a hat?

I'll try to grab some pictures Saturday at the Lightning IceFest. However I'll most likely have to be at work before they're unveiled at noon.

Unrelated note: Barber pole, no thanks. Especially like in the picture above, personally I hate having to have the numbers contained in a box like that. Single digit numbers would look terrible.

I feel that I am the only one who like the Sens new unis. I feel that they updated what they had while conforming to the new NHL unis. While I do not like the lack of horizontal stripes allowed by the edge uni, because it drops all tradition. Anyway, I love the new socks I think the incomplete stripes are an interesting change and I think more teams should use the same sock pattern as the Sens and the All Star unis.

Are those from the New Era flagship store on Queen St?

Absolutely NOT...

Just dropped by at Lunch, and the only NHL hat I saw was 2 models of Leafs'

Otherwise it's all URBAN...

I have to admit that for a middle-aged red-neck, I quite liked the "City Deep" collection...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I feel that I am the only one who like the Sens new unis. I feel that they updated what they had while conforming to the new NHL unis. While I do not like the lack of horizontal stripes allowed by the edge uni, because it drops all tradition. Anyway, I love the new socks I think the incomplete stripes are an interesting change and I think more teams should use the same sock pattern as the Sens and the All Star unis.

No man.

I like them too. I like that they have 2 jerseys that are consistent, not 3 separate ideas.

I like the logo update.

I like the striping on the pants.

I like the shoulder patch giving a nod to Ottawa's hockey past.

To be honest, I think the socks do look a little weird, but it's just socks, really, who cares?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Oh dear God, NO! Those things are HIDEOUS! Seriously, people LIKE that? They'd be the laughing stock of the league not to mention the fact that they are just HIDEOUS.

95% of this board (including me) is in love with barberpole. You're not gonna make many friends around here talking like that.

The only reason people want barberpoles is for "history" ignoring the fact that they've become the domain of the 67's...and I don't like the look on the 67's either. It's overly busy for no good reason, the number patch is disgustingly amateur (and as someone else noted would look horrible for single digit numbers). The Senators added just the right amount of barberpole in the shoulder patch to honour the past (and I don't care what Neon_Matrix has to say on that issue...even if they aren't technically the "same" franchise I feel they still have the right to make the connection).

But then, I have plenty of friends already... B)

I say let the Leafs go barberpole...they're welcome to it.

No man.

I like them too. I like that they have 2 jerseys that are consistent, not 3 separate ideas.

I like the logo update.

I like the striping on the pants.

I like the shoulder patch giving a nod to Ottawa's hockey past.

To be honest, I think the socks do look a little weird, but it's just socks, really, who cares?

I like them too, but I would make two changes. It needs a horizontal hem stripe (even a slight one) and I would've liked to see the arms resemble the toga jersey more with the numbers on a white patch arching upwards more. The sleeves of the toga jersey were always something I really liked.

I posted my thoughts at HFBoards' Senators jersey thread, so I'll do the same here.

I know a number of you don't like the new look and it's understandable. Many times, a fan is so used to a certain look or style that any serious change will draw criticism.

I personally like the new Senators logo and jerseys. I'm happy they did it on both jerseys, not just the home red one. Maybe I'm the opposite of some here that prefer the old look or old logos. I actually rate them second to the Boston Bruins among the teams that have unveiled new jersey designs so far. I don't count the Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers because theirs are basically unchanged.

The Senators design is obviously simplier and as mentioned by a few posters here, it gives a tribute to the past. I like that. I wasn't too fond of the "wave" in the previous home red jerseys as well as the numbering font. The new numbers and nameplate fonts are pretty good, especially when I see the jerseys up close.

I never disliked the previous look. Maybe some that don't like the new look will warm up to it once the players get out on the ice. My only real dislike is how the socks look, especially from the back.

Here is a nice view of the new Senators uniforms from the back. You get a nice closer look at the nameplate and numbers. dbdudley at HFBoards made an excellent observation. Apparently, the Senators decided to use Team Canada's 1998 Olympic hockey jersey number font. I feel they did a better job in outlining the numbers to make them stand out nicer against either the red or white background. I really like their new nameplate font a lot here, certainly better than the previous ones on both the home/alternate and away jerseys.

senators20072008uniformdp1.jpg

photo by Anice Wong

Archived