"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EDIT-Auburn sucks, too.

Mississippi State isn't that bad a team. Croom's had to clean up that program, basically starting from scratch, and deal with an SEC schedule each season.

Sure, they got their clocks cleaned vs LSU (so did Virginia Tech), but they had a solid game at Tulane last week, and from what I've heard, controlled most of their game vs Auburn. They have a good shot at getting 6 wins and a bowl game this year.

Georgia took care of business against Western Carolina, though looked a little sluggish in the first quarter. Bring on Alabama!

Utah's currently leading UCLA 27-6 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

After today's game (Northern Arizona @ Appalachian) I learned a few things:

1) There is no way Appalachian is ready for D-I, we struggled mightily with Northern Arizona.

2) Armanti needs to come back next week for Wofford. BAD.

3) They grow 'em tall in Arizona.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

EDIT-Auburn sucks, too.

Mississippi State isn't that bad a team. Croom's had to clean up that program, basically starting from scratch, and deal with an SEC schedule each season.

Sure, they got their clocks cleaned vs LSU (so did Virginia Tech), but they had a solid game at Tulane last week, and from what I've heard, controlled most of their game vs Auburn. They have a good shot at getting 6 wins and a bowl game this year.

Georgia took care of business against Western Carolina, though looked a little sluggish in the first quarter. Bring on Alabama!

Utah's currently leading UCLA 27-6 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Yes, but with the exception of about 3 minutes during the Kansas State game, Auburn hasn't looked good. They struggled to beat Kansas State, and while losing to South Florida isn't that bad, they should still be better than that.

The Big XII (excepting Oklahoma) looks to be awful this year as well. And after LSU and Florida have thrown down their gauntlets, I'm very scared about what could happen tonight in Lincoln. Fortunately I stocked up on beer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good idea...You might want to drink most, if not all, of the beer if USC get's their game going and just plasters the Cornsuckers.

Speaking of UCLA-Utah: It's 44-6 Utes in the 4th. Ouchies... Major ouchies for the Bruins.

Anyway, what else have we learned today?

-Notre Dame ought to change it's name to Notre Shame. That is beyond pathetic... Hell, the worst high school team in the state of Indiana could do better on offense then the Irish.

-Big Ten schools ought to stop scheduling schools from the SoCon. Think about it: You had the Upset heard 'round the World two weeks ago and today, Wisky had to fight off the freaking Citadel. I have an idea: Stop. Now.

-Congrats to Gene Chizik on his first win in his career, and by beating the hated Hawkeyes no less. That's a nice win... Hate to spoil it though, because 5 field goals is NOT going to cut it against the likes of Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

-Whew.. At least FIU and Miami played the game and not do a repeat of last season's disgusting brawl.

Navy loses in O/T to Ball State, which I think is an upset.

Some Blackshirts need to be turned in tomorrow as well based on that first USC drive.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who taught Nebraska how to tackle? Because whomever did should be fired.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Larry Marmie? Lord, can one of the teams I like actually tackle properly?

Today, we are all otaku.

It's like I'm watching a preview of tomorrow's Rams-49ers game...only the crowd won't be in it. <_<

Today, we are all otaku.

Good God, McNeese is winning 31-17 with 10 minutes left, and UL just squandered a drive at the 5.

I always knew McNeese was a pretty good side, but this UL squad is simply impotent and is making them look too good. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Larry Marmie? Lord, can one of the teams I like actually tackle properly?

The name we are looking for is Kevin Cosgrove. And the blackshirts should become whiteshirts.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, Apparently folks with GEDs make pretty good athletes. UL 38-17 McNeese St. Five turnovers sure didn't help. But then again, when the Cowpokes turn the ball over 3 times, you should, oh, I don't know, get some points off of those.

Maybe the coordinators weren't the problem, Ricky... <_<

Well, Apparently folks with GEDs make pretty good athletes. UL 38-17 McNeese St. Five turnovers sure didn't help. But then again, when the Cowpokes turn the ball over 3 times, you should, oh, I don't know, get some points off of those.

Maybe the coordinators weren't the problem, Ricky... <_<

With New Hampshire's 48-35 victory over "We Are Marshall", that makes 6 upsets for FCS teams over FBS teams.

Today, we are all otaku.

Good idea...You might want to drink most, if not all, of the beer if USC get's their game going and just plasters the Cornsuckers.

Speaking of UCLA-Utah: It's 44-6 Utes in the 4th. Ouchies... Major ouchies for the Bruins.

Anyway, what else have we learned today?

-Notre Dame ought to change it's name to Notre Shame. That is beyond pathetic... Hell, the worst high school team in the state of Indiana could do better on offense then the Irish.

-Big Ten schools ought to stop scheduling schools from the SoCon. Think about it: You had the Upset heard 'round the World two weeks ago and today, Wisky had to fight off the freaking Citadel. I have an idea: Stop. Now.

-Congrats to Gene Chizik on his first win in his career, and by beating the hated Hawkeyes no less. That's a nice win... Hate to spoil it though, because 5 field goals is NOT going to cut it against the likes of Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

-Whew.. At least FIU and Miami played the game and not do a repeat of last season's disgusting brawl.

I think another thing we learned today is that the gap between the haves and have-nots is getting smaller every year.

Notre Dame is indeed really bad. Who can they beat besides the Service Academies? After watching them today against Michigan I'm not sure that they can win a game. God are they awful.

I'm happy. My team picked up a nice win on the road today.

Arkansas just took the lead on Alabama.

Great game this college football. B)

BB52Big.jpg

With New Hampshire's 48-35 victory over "We Are Marshall", that makes 6 upsets for FCS teams over FBS teams.

McNeese, New Hampshire, Appalachian State, and who else? Interesting to note that all 3 of those were playoff teams last season.

McNeese, New Hampshire, Appalachian State, and who else? Interesting to note that all 3 of those were playoff teams last season.

Nicholls State, Southern Illinois, and Northern Iowa

Today, we are all otaku.

This Louisville/UK game has been pretty good and Brian Brohm is one heck of a quarterback.

For some reason ESPN Classic doesn't have the yellow first down line. It feels kind of weird watching a game without it. I also just realized they're using the old ESPN score box. Is that an ESPN Classic thing? If so, I don't get it, but it's kind of cool anyway.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Bama is now 3-0 after beating Arkansas 41-38.

I can't believe we won that game. How did we win that game?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived