"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

And Florida joins the list of teams that looked ahead to next week and were punished for doing so.

I would have laughed if that first kick had missed though after Florida called the timeout.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auburn 20, Florida 17

Ain't SEC football fun, Fred?

Indeed. No begrudging Auburn for their performance. They always play Florida tough, and despite Tebow's 4th quarter heroics, they couldn't get it done. With that said, Florida was rather close to blocking that one.

Anywho, it's not the worst thing to happen today. UL goes to 0-5 after giving up yet another 35+ points, and Arminia Bielefeld got pounded 8-1 against Werder Bremen. Worst of all? LSU won. :mad:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Yeah, by virtue of everybody else who's relevant deciding to lose, you gotta put USF in the top 10.

Speaking of which, I really wanna see what the polls look like this week. There's gonna be ALOT of movement.

My Top 15 after "Upset" Saturday:

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

It's a good thing you don't actually get a vote, because your rankings don't make much sense. How come Florida, Oklahoma, Rutgers, and Texas didn't drop farther than 5-6 spots when they lose to unranked teams? Why doesn't Oregon drop at all after they lose at home by a touchdown? And why does Hawaii jump over Georgia and South Carolina, despite these two having convincing wins?

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

It's a good thing you don't actually get a vote, because your rankings don't make much sense. How come Florida, Oklahoma, Rutgers, and Texas didn't drop farther than 5-6 spots when they lose to unranked teams? Why doesn't Oregon drop at all after they lose at home by a touchdown? And why does Hawaii jump over Georgia and South Carolina, despite these two having convincing wins?

And why wouldn't ASU be at least knocking on the door of the top 15 when they are 5-0 with all very convincing wins?

PopHeading-1.gif

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

And why wouldn't ASU be at least knocking on the door of the top 15 when they are 5-0 with all very convincing wins?

And why wouldn't USC and LSU swap places after that pathetic excuse of a win against Washington? LSU won much more convincingly.

galaxy.png

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

And why wouldn't USC and LSU swap places after that pathetic excuse of a win against Washington? LSU won much more convincingly.

Because they have to be #1 until they get to Sun Devil Stadium and get worked on Thanksgiving :P

PopHeading-1.gif

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

Maybe he has them at least knocking on the door...maybe #16. :)

I think this points to the effectiveness of reduced scholarships. The gap between Have and Have Not is shrinking. Ten years from nwo, a season like this will just be another season. That said, what a wild day. Speaking of my own conference, the entire Big Ten seems so bunched up. Indiana and Illinois look much improved. South Florida is a BCS contender as of now. I don't think I've ever seen such a top ten shakeup in one day (OK, weekend) of college football. And now Wisconsin's gonna be about #5. And I tell you, I doubt too many teams have a worse defense. Take a look at the big plays MSU had today. Look for Illinois to beat them next week.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

And meanwhile, the Connecticut Huskies are now 5-0. :woot: With all this movement, the Huskies just might crack the Top 25.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm just now realizing that Kentucky and South Florida are probably going to be in the top 10 tomorrow.

And now I'm watching the demons of hell swarming out of a giant crack in the ground and preparing to shoot bacon out of the sky. :wacko::P

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And meanwhile, the Connecticut Huskies are now 5-0. :woot: With all this movement, the Huskies just might crack the Top 25.

Gotta love them cupcakes.

Today, we are all otaku.

Gotta love them cupcakes.

As someone on ESPN said today, they are just making sure to get into a bowl. That's the kind of exposure a team like that needs. Hopefully, when they can become a consistant .500 or better team in the conference, their schedule will get tougher.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yes! See now I have work all day on Saturday and Sunday, and haven't been able to watch much football this year (pro or college) but I have to say that I am so happy that Rutgers lost. Now I won't have to listen to all of those Rutgers "fans" who have been fans since 2006 (and to a lesser extent 2005.) Where the hell were they pre-2005? I hate Rutgers. EVERYONE goes to the games all of a sudden. Everyone in my old school last year all of a sudden became a "fan". Man, am I happy they lost. Rant over.

Oh, and how about them USF Bulls? Tell you what, I think they will be Rutgers when those two play. I'll even say that USF will win the Big East, though admittedly, I do not follow college as much as the NFL, but I think that for years to come, USF will be a definite force in the Big East along with WVU, Louisville (if they can ever play defense) and Rutgers (unfortunately.)

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

Maybe he has them at least knocking on the door...maybe #16. :)

I think this points to the effectiveness of reduced scholarships. The gap between Have and Have Not is shrinking. Ten years from nwo, a season like this will just be another season. That said, what a wild day. Speaking of my own conference, the entire Big Ten seems so bunched up. Indiana and Illinois look much improved. South Florida is a BCS contender as of now. I don't think I've ever seen such a top ten shakeup in one day (OK, weekend) of college football. And now Wisconsin's gonna be about #5. And I tell you, I doubt too many teams have a worse defense. Take a look at the big plays MSU had today. Look for Illinois to beat them next week.

Let that sink in for a minute... a directional school (from a state that doesn't have a direction) is in the Top 10.

It's a great time to be a fan of college sports.

1.USC

2.LSU

3.Cal

4.Wisconsin

5.Ohio State

6.BC

7.Florida

8.Oklahoma

9.South Florida

10.Kentucky

11.Oregon

12.WVU

13.Texas

14.Rutgers

15.Hawai'i

OK, Florida, Oklahoma, Rutgers, and Texas dropped only 5-6 spots because so many other teams lost, or they already have 1-2 losses.

Oregon doesn't drop at all because they played the #6 team in the nation close and every other team in the Top 10 also lost.

ASU, UCONN, and Cincy are in the Top 20 in my "Poll".

And LSU's "convincing" win was against the powerhouse known as Tulane. Washington is 10 times better than Tulane.

saBS.png

And Florida joins the list of teams that looked ahead to next week and were punished for doing so.

Sorry, not just you, but I hate when people say this. People never like to give credit to the team that played better. I guess looking ahead can let the other team get off to a fast start, but if they are much better than the team they are playing, they should have no problem coming back. I am not a fan of either of those teams, but Auburn played better throughout the game, and deserved to win. This applies to everyone. For another example, I am a Michigan fan, and Michigan DID NOT lose to App State because they were looking ahead. If that was the reason, once App State had a lead, Michigan would have known to take the team seriously, and came back and won easily. That was not the case, App State played better throughout the whole game, and deserved their win, and deserve their credit for the win.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived