"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

YES!!! YES!!!! RR'S MY COACH!! WOOHOO!!

I think this is a HUGE step in the right direction for bringing Michigan into the future. He's a proven recruiter who runs an innovative offense that Ryan Mallett will thrive in.

All together now: HAIL! TO THE VICTORS, VALIANT!

HAIL! TO THE CONQUERING HEROES!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN THE LEADERS AND BEST!

HAIL! TO THE VICTORS, VALIANT!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN, THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST!

next year's Michigan-Ohio State game is going to rock!!! Go Blue!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good hire for the Wolverines. It's always good when you get your fourth choice. I wouldn't get too excited just yet Michigan fans. You got the offense and the coach but you lack the athletes to run the spread right away. Michigan will be really tough once Rodriguez gets some players for his system. It's going to take a couple years but by then Jim Tressel will have found a way to handle the spread and we'll still own your asses. :P GO BUCKS!

All kidding aside, Rodriguez should be a nice fit.

BB52Big.jpg

If I'm West Virignia, this guy isn't coaching the Fiesta Bowl. You want to be a Wolverine? You go ahead and be a Wolverine.

"A Michigan man is going to coach Michigan!"

Bo Schembechler, Michigan AD, on why he was replacing Bill Frieder with Steve Fisher right before the NCAA basketball tournament - 1989.

Anyone see any irony here? I think WVU would certainly be within their rights to have an assistant coach take over for the bowl game.

He's a proven recruiter who runs an innovative offense that Ryan Mallett will thrive in.

Incorrect. Mallett's a pocket passer who's all wrong for that system. There's already rumblings about him transferring.

Dear Mr. Mallett,

The University of Alabama is ready to offer you a complete scholarship, plus all the bbq you can eat. You will be accompanied by Hoover standout (since that's the last time he did anything on a regular basis) John Parker Wilson, who will hold a clip board for you and signal you plays.

Please consider us during your transfer process.

ROLL TIDE,

Nick Saban and Mal Moore

ENCLOSED: Letter of Intent and discount to Dreamland

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Well you all can hope for new coaches and QB's, but this story right here makes me very happy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3156300

Hooray! :D

EDIT: In other Mizzou news Chase Daniel requests evaluation for NFL Draft.

Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3158410

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

He's a proven recruiter who runs an innovative offense that Ryan Mallett will thrive in.

Incorrect. Mallett's a pocket passer who's all wrong for that system. There's already rumblings about him transferring.

Right. That is why Rodriguez needs to snag the top recruit in the nation, Terrelle Pryor. Michigan is on his list now that Rodriguez got the job. A 6-6, 235 QB with 4.4 speed. That will be huge if Michigan can land him.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Wow, Rodriguez leaving his alma mater. Big Blue's gotta be paying him a ton.

Wonder who WVU will be looking at as their replacement...

Oh please be Terry Bowden. The irony would be so delicious when we play them in 2008

Terry Bowden is reportedly very interested in the job so it is a definite possibility.

What were his stats when he was coaching? EDIT: Never mind I found them. Now my question is why did he stop coaching in 1998?

Check out my music!

Oh please be Terry Bowden. The irony would be so delicious when we play them in 2008

Terry Bowden is reportedly very interested in the job so it is a definite possibility.

What were his stats when he was coaching?

His two biggest jobs were at Samford University in Birmingham and Auburn University.

At Samford he went 45-23-1. With a 9-3 and 12-2 season in his final two years.

At Auburn he went 47-17-1. Including going 11-0 his first year and 9-1-1 his second. He took Auburn to 3 bowl games (Outback, Peach, Independence) going 2-1 in those bowls. He also won the SEC West in 1997 (losing to Peyton Manning and UTenn)

In his final year at Auburn he started 1-5 (losing to Virginia, Florida, Mississippi State, LSU, and Tennessee). After the Mississippi State game he asked for assurance, in writing, that he would be retained at the end of the year. The School refused. So he quit (in the middle of the season).

Here's the knock on Terry Bowden. He's a good offensive coach, can't recruit, and is a jerk.

If WV just had a coach leave because he felt there was a deteriorating relationship with the Athletic Director, why would they hire a coach who quit on his team in the middle of a season because of the same reason?

His two biggest jobs were at Samford University in Birmingham and Auburn University.

At Auburn he went 47-17-1. Including going 11-0 his first year and 9-1-1 his second. He took Auburn to 3 bowl games (Outback, Peach, Independence) going 2-1 in those bowls. He also won the SEC West in 1997 (losing to Peyton Manning and UTenn)

In his final year at Auburn he started 1-5 (losing to Virginia, Florida, Mississippi State, LSU, and Tennessee). After the Mississippi State game he asked for assurance, in writing, that he would be retained at the end of the year. The School refused. So he quit (in the middle of the season).

Here's the knock on Terry Bowden. He's a good offensive coach, can't recruit, and is a jerk.

If WV just had a coach leave because he felt there was a deteriorating relationship with the Athletic Director, why would they hire a coach who quit on his team in the middle of a season because of the same reason?

I sense some bitterness in your typing ^_^

Check out my music!

I sense some bitterness in your typing ^_^

It's hard to type objectively when talking about the Terry "Tater Tot" Bowden. After he left, he was quoted as saying he left because there were some things at Auburn he thought were wrong and he was trying to stop them and that we were lucky to have him after because who would want a probation stricken football team. That left a lot of Auburn people a little miffed.

Afterwards, word had gotten out that the main reason Bobby Lowder (the main trustee that blocked Bowden's extension/retention did so because Bowden was having an affair with Lowder's daughter.

ROLL TIDE,

Nick Saban and Mal Moore

Speaking of Nick Saban rumor is that he has contacted West Virginia to express preliminary interest in the job there.

Not the best source (and thus it's a rumor) but it's something that has floated around and apparently no one has refuted it yet. (check the link at the bottom of the entry): http://wbgv.wordpress.com/2007/12/17/nick-...t-contacts-wvu/

ROLL TIDE,

Nick Saban and Mal Moore

Speaking of Nick Saban rumor is that he has contacted West Virginia to express preliminary interest in the job there.

Not the best source (and thus it's a rumor) but it's something that has floated around and apparently no one has refuted it yet. (check the link at the bottom of the entry): http://wbgv.wordpress.com/2007/12/17/nick-...t-contacts-wvu/

Oh it just gets better and better.

I think this is a HUGE step in the right direction for bringing Michigan into the future. He's a proven recruiter who runs an innovative offense that Ryan Mallett will thrive in.

Congrats. That's another coach Michigan has stolen from West Virginia.

I knew Michigan was a cesspool, but to resort to stealing other school's coaches? Now, that's Michigan for you.

Congrats. That's another coach Michigan has stolen from West Virginia.

I knew Michigan was a cesspool, but to resort to stealing other school's coaches? Now, that's Michigan for you.

Just curious, but umm........ Isn't that how a lot of teams get their coaches? If that way is wrong, then how do you think they should get a coach? Plus, it isn't stealing if Rodriguez wanted it too....

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived