"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

More from the Bowden News Network.

Clemson coach Tommy Bowden says he might be sitting four starters, including 3 starting linebackers, for the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. One player was arrested on a DUI last week, and the other three are for academic reasons.

Article

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clemson coach Tommy Bowden says he might be sitting four starters, including 3 starting linebackers, for the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. One player was arrested on a DUI last week, and the other three are for academic reasons.

Apparently, those three were seen entering a school library. They denied it, naturally, but videotape never lies.....

It's not the fight song that confuses me about Utah. It's the mascot. Swoop? WTF? They are the Utes, not the RedHawks, man. What gives with the bird?

Anyway, that was a nailbiter last night. Tonight, it's the New Orleans Bowl between first timer Florida Atlantic and Memphis.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow...it was obvious from the get-go that Hawaii didn't deserve to be there...

Where's the guy hailing Colt Brennan as the greatest QB ever again?

Oh...and yes...if your defense can't stop a band of mediocre offenses, they can't be expected to stop a top-level SEC offense.

--------------------------------

Illinois should just take the Rose Bowl as a learning experience...they're only going to get better.

USC really needs to learn to act like they've been there before...how many excessive celebration penalties did they incur? For bleeps' sake, you were the two TD favorite. What motivation did you need?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow...it was obvious from the get-go that Hawaii didn't deserve to be there...

Where's the guy hailing Colt Brennan as the greatest QB ever again?

Oh...and yes...if your defense can't stop a band of mediocre offenses, they can't be expected to stop a top-level SEC offense.

--------------------------------

Illinois should just take the Rose Bowl as a learning experience...they're only going to get better.

USC really needs to learn to act like they've been there before...how many excessive celebration penalties did they incur? For bleeps' sake, you were the two TD favorite. What motivation did you need?

oy. that fumble at the endzone was really the nail in the coffin. ugh, my heart sank when I saw that.

No doubt, the Illini had a chance. defense was a little weak at the beginning, but that's to be expected. its the friggen rose bowl.

they did buckle down, but then again... it's usc, and it's not like they (illini) had that many offensive gains to support themselves (illini defense).

anyway, with that being said, usc is becoming a parody of itself.

It's ridiculous, if they want to go to the BCS championship, then they'll need to learn what sportsmanship really is, and not get flagged with penalties resulting from their thickheadedness; and guess what? sportsmanship isn't just helping a person from the other team up off the grass. That's to be expected.

Great job trojan players, for being the excellent role models that young sports fans need. you consistantly send inspiring messages of "Trash talking is tight", "Sportsmanship sucks", and "remember kiddies, be a total a-hole, and you too can achieve your dreams".

speaking of the last one, where is the karma for these players? It's incredibly hard for me to understand the fact of how these trojan players can be some of the worst sportsmen on the field, and yet, go through their college playing career, largely unpenalized. AND successful! And penalized doesn't just mean "15 yards from the previous spot", no. It also means life lessons. a penalty that makes them think about choices in their life. But no, nothing happens other than occasionally, a yellow hanky. They go on the field loud, rude, inconsiderate, obnoxious, and all around terrible human beings...

And yet, they're successful?

These asses are part of one of the top collegiate football programs in the nation!

I mean, one of the top football programs in the country should be a team with morals, ethics, and sportsmanship.

Show some decency, instead of doing :censored:ing frontflips into the endzone. :censored:ING FRONTFLIPS!

/bruinrant

FUSC.png

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, this was Georgia-Boise State all over again......

At least Boise State got in the end zone twice.

Everyone's criticisms of Hawai'i came to roost last night. Hawai'i's offencive line could not stop a three man rush, the Run-and-Shoot is still impotent against nickel and dime coverages with physical defencive backs, and the Hawai'i defence, in the end, had about as much of a chance of stopping a decent offence as a slug tossed into a salt mine.

It's ridiculous, if they want to go to the BCS championship, then they'll need to learn what sportsmanship really is

I didn't know that one's place in the BCS Championship Game is based solely on sportsmanship.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

By dominating the Cotton Bowl, and containing the nation's top running back, I'd say Mizzou pretty well made their case about why they should've been in a BCS Bowl, other than some of those teams like Hawaii and Illinois (though Hawaii being chosen was completely uncalled for, Illinois just did NOT belong there).

Oh well. Wait 'til next year! We're gonna back and just as good, if not better. B)

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, this was Georgia-Boise State all over again......

At least Boise State got in the end zone twice.

Everyone's criticisms of Hawai'i came to roost last night. Hawai'i's offencive line could not stop a three man rush, the Run-and-Shoot is still impotent against nickel and dime coverages with physical defencive backs, and the Hawai'i defence, in the end, had about as much of a chance of stopping a decent offence as a slug tossed into a salt mine.

It's ridiculous, if they want to go to the BCS championship, then they'll need to learn what sportsmanship really is

I didn't know that one's place in the BCS Championship Game is based solely on sportsmanship.

I'm not saying that.

Penalties for poor sportsmanship can greatly change the course in a game, right?

And if they continue to act like neanderthals, then they'll continue to rack up the yellow hankies.

and the result is that the team is worse off after those penalties...

I'm not saying that.

*ahem*

...clearly states that you think that sportsmanship is a prerequisite to going to the BCS Championship Game. Not my fault that I can read. (OK, it is.)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm not saying that.

*ahem*

...clearly states that you think that sportsmanship is a prerequisite to going to the BCS Championship Game. Not my fault that I can read. (OK, it is.)

...when taken out of context, but when he goes on to say...

Penalties for poor sportsmanship can greatly change the course in a game, right?

And if they continue to act like neanderthals, then they'll continue to rack up the yellow hankies.

...meaning they need to learn sportsmanship so they dont get penalties and hurt themselves, therefore probably having a better chance at winning, winning more, and earning a spot in the BCS Championship.

oBIgzrL.png

I'm not saying that.

*ahem*

...when taken out of context, but when he goes on to say...

...meaning they need to learn sportsmanship so they dont get penalties and hurt themselves, therefore probably having a better chance at winning, winning more, and earning a spot in the BCS Championship.

Yes. Exactly what I was trying to get through, after having 4 hours of sleep for the past 2 nights. :P

Thanks. haha

Everybody is talking about the blowouts, did anybody watch the Michigan - Florida game? I am really happy for Coach Carr that they won that game being pretty big underdogs, and pretty much had their way with Florida. I don't know if Rodriguez had anything to do with the gameplan, or if Lloyd Carr decided to just go for it in his last game, but I loved it. They spread out the Florida defense and were just tearing up their secondary. Arrington had three really good catches, including a one-hander reaching around the defender's back, and nearly had three TDs. Also, if you watched it, you saw something really rare; Mike Hart losing a fumble, in fact, he lost 2! :shocked: He had went over 1,000 carries without losing one. On top of that, they were both near the goal line. Michigan was much more dominant than the score shows. They exposed Tebow by getting pressure on him all day, and got some good hits on him. I wonder where all this SEC speed was. Other than Percy Harvin, I wasn't impressed, and even he was ran down by Michigan cornerback Morgan Trent. Since 1999, Michigan is 5-1 in bowl games against the SEC. Ahh...... it makes a win so much better when everyone doubts your team.

I am having trouble deciding on who to root for in the Championship game. I hate Ohio State, and I hate the SEC, so I guess it is a lose-lose situation. I am really tired of this SEC Supremacy talk though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

By dominating the Cotton Bowl, and containing the nation's top running back, I'd say Mizzou pretty well made their case about why they should've been in a BCS Bowl, other than some of those teams like Hawaii and Illinois (though Hawaii being chosen was completely uncalled for, Illinois just did NOT belong there).

Oh well. Wait 'til next year! We're gonna back and just as good, if not better. B)

Look, Hawai'i deserved to be in that game. The bylaws of the BCS stated that they must be included as an at large selection. Yes, Hawai'i was obviously overmatched. They earned their shot, they took it, and they whiffed. Badly. But you know what, they had every right to be in that game. No matter how loud the whining is coming from Missouri and Arizona.

Just because a team gets its collective ass handed to it does not mean it didn't deserve the opportunity to get their collective ass handed to it. Did Missouri not belong in the Big XII Championship this year? They got their asses handed to them, didn't they? Did Ohio State not belong in the BCS Championship last year? They got their asses handed to them, didn't they? Should there be about 10 less teams in the NFL because the Patriots gave them all heaping handfuls of their own asses?

I agree that Missouri deserved a shot at a BCS game, but at the expense of Kansas, not Hawai'i. Once Kansas was picked, Missouri couldn't go, no matter how many spots were left, no matter who Missouri already beat, no matter how close they played Oklahoma before losing twice.

So, a big fat "YAY!!!!!" to Mizzou, you won a meaningless game against an overrated team with no coach. Woop-de-damn-doo.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived