"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Did anyone just see that Mangino just win coach of the year?

LMAO!

Instead of a plaque, they just gave him full access to the buffet, right?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
University of South Alabama will be adding football to it's athletic program starting in 2009 with a full transiition to

Football Bowl Subdivision (I-A) in 2013. This will bring the Sun Belt Conference up to 10 football schools (Western Kentucky just moved up from I-AA).

There has also been talk in the paper that Georgia Southern would like to move to 1-A. The Sunbelt was talked about as a possibility. Could the SBC trying to get 12 teams?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

LMAO!

I read that they thought they were giving them to multiple recipients...

Then they realized it was Mangino... rather than 2 or 3 guys.

2001122030817068042_rs.jpg

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

LMAO!

I read that they thought they were giving them to multiple recipients...

Then they realized it was Mangino... rather than 2 or 3 guys.

2001122030817068042_rs.jpg

I wonder if he has the nerve to bitch about someone showing up "overweight" at spring practice or something? How in the hell can that guy tell his players to work out, lift, etc. Better yet, how can the players keep a straight face if he talks about someone being out of shape?

BB52Big.jpg

There has also been talk in the paper that Georgia Southern would like to move to 1-A. The Sunbelt was talked about as a possibility. Could the SBC trying to get 12 teams?

Sun Belt Championships? The world shivers in fright. :wacko:

With that said, the Sun Belt getting 12 teams for football isn't that far-fetched. Look at their alignment for basketball...

West:

Arkansas-Little Rock

Arkansas State*

Denver

New Orleans

North Texas*

UL-Lafayette*

ULM*

East:

Florida Atlantic*

Florida International*

Middle Tennessee*

South Alabama**

Troy*

Western Kentucky*

*- Current Football Schools

**- Schools starting football programs

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So as I watch Delaware vanquish Southern Illinois....

1) Is the Gateway Conference overrated?

2) Where did Delaware come from?!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tim Tebow wins the Heisman...no surprise there....

Today, we are all otaku.

and now a report from the D3 semis:

@ Whitewater, WI

Whitewater 16, Mary Hardin-Baylor 7

@ Alliance, OH

Mount Union 62, Bethel 14

Stagg Bowl XXXV @ Salem, VA

#1 Mount Union vs #2 Whitewater...damn this is getting old. I know one thing, the Warhawks are gonna have to keep mistakes to a bare minimum if they wanna put themselves in position to win this one. Problem is, Mount's only trailed for 1:38...yes gents, that's 1:38 for the whole season. this one should be interesting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Damn... So, Championship weekend shakes out like this.

Friday night: FCS Championship game (Delaware vs. Appalanchian State)

Saturday at noon: D-II Championship game (NW Missouri State vs. Valdosta State)

Saturday afternoon: D-III Championship game (Mount Union vs. Wisconsin-Whitewater)

Armanti just couldn't be touched on Friday night. He ran up and down the field, and when he wasn't doing that he was the most efficient passer he's ever been (14-16, 180 some yards, 3 TDs). It was simply amazing to watch.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived