Mascots in sweaters

eRay

I am about to make a modernized old-school panther in a sweater logo for a client(kinda) and I am looking for what has been done so I might get an idea of where to go with it. So far I have found 5 of them for reference, the most recently used being Oral Roberts and Wisconsin. Anyway, I know there are more, so I would like some help.

The 4 I have found:

Eastern Illinois Panthers

Wisconsin Badgers Old

Wisconsin Badgers Presently

NC State Wolfpack

Oral Roberts Golden Eagles

Thanks for the help in advance.

I know one of Grambling's old logos was a tiger in a black sweater holding a Grambling pennant. goin down to D3, UW Stevens Point uses a mascot logo of their pointer dog in a purple UWSP sweater. naturally, the mutt's pointing. Then back up to D1, one of Tulane's logos is a pelican wearing either a sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled up or a t-shirt, either way it's most prominently used on their baseball uniforms.

Ah yeah, I just remembered, Missouri-Kansas City uses a gold kangaroo in a blue sweater...and I just now realized I forgot several biggies: Florida (gator in orange sweater), Miami (both the old ibis in orange M sweater and the modernized ibis in green U-Miami sweater), Ohio State (a couple versions of Brutus in logo form), North Carolina (the ram in a carolina blue sweater) and Navy (goat in sweater holding anchor)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If you are looking for additional examples, I would try LogoServer (sorry, CC97). That site has a few logos that aren't posted here. For the most part, if a school had a "mascot in sweater" logo, it is on there (though they don't have the Lafayette College logo that was in my car window once upon a time).

logoserver.com

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Thanks everyone who posted, i am about to start on this because I think I have a good idea of what has been done and what I should do. Look for the logo to be in concepts as soon as i think its ready for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived