2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ovechkin had 4 goals and an assist. Beast.

One of the four being the OT winner. Glad to have him on my fantasy team. :D

$100 says it was his last goal that won the game.....

And you would be incorrect.

Where is my Benjamin?

Pens are on a 8 game winning streak and Ty Conklin assumes the role of most underrated goaltender in the NHL (with some help from a defense thats been very good lately) by going 9-0 with 2 shutouts...

EDIT:...and with this post, I jynx it all...I hate superstitions

I knew it! I KNEW IT!

Actually, they arent doing too badly with half their whole lineup in shambles. This is the biggest test this team will have to face - to make it through willl only make them far better than they were before.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Wow is the Western Conference getting really tight at the moment. Phoenix WHO no one expected to be in the final playoff spot is in the mix. Right now Seeds 2-11 are only 13 points apart. Should be fun to watch in the next couple months.

From a competitive balance standpoint, this season has been amazing. Exactly what the league wanted when they put the salary cap in. Ya know, teams drafting well, making good, strategic financial and systematic signings. Not going out and trying to buy a championship because you're embarassed about a certain collapse/choke job the previous year. You have probably in the area 0f 26 out of 30 teams who still have a shot at the playoffs. Interest in those markets are high. TAKE NOTES MLB.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Canucks scored 6 goals in ONE game...as opposed to the previous 4 games where they had a combined 6 goals.

A miracle.

And all of a sudden we're talking about winning the division again.

1. Minnesota 79 pts

2. Calgary 79 pts

3. Colorado 78 pts (one more game played than other 4 teams in division)

4. Vancouver 76 pts

5. Edmonton 67 pts

The Thrashers might be through. They hit a real bad swoon to end February, and maybe end all their playoff hopes. Oh well, I still have hope for next year. The new acquisitions are gonna definitely help for the future. You can't replace Hossa, but this is the best they can do.

And I must've picked a real good time to start watching the Blackhawks...They're actually showing this game on home television, currently having a ceremony for Bobby Hull & Stan Mikita (Two guys who apparently swore off the franchise because of Bill Wirtz), and apparently the Blackhawks have successfully regained relevance in Chicago, because tonight's game is standing-room only (half because of the ceremony, half because the Blackhawks are hot.)

And I must've picked a real good time to start watching the Blackhawks...They're actually showing this game on home television, currently having a ceremony for Bobby Hull & Stan Mikita (Two guys who apparently swore off the franchise because of Bill Wirtz), and apparently the Blackhawks have successfully regained relevance in Chicago, because tonight's game is standing-room only (half because of the ceremony, half because the Blackhawks are hot.)

and unfortunately this is a game the Sharks decided not to broadcast on TV back home to the bay.

Would have loved to see it, since two members of the Sharks (Jeremy Roenick and GM Doug Wilson) were involved in the ceremony.

I have a new Stanley Cup winner prediction,

The San Jose Sharks will beat the Montreal Canadiens in 7 games.

That is all.

At least that would continue the trend of "non-hockey" markets beating a Canadian team in the Finals.

04-Tampa Bay over Calgary

05-lockout

06-Carolina over Edmonton

07-Anaheim over Ottawa

saBS.png

Crosby is out for tonights game vs. Buffalo due to his anlke (i still think he came back too soon), that and Maxime Talbot is out, along with Hossa still being out...

...y'know, with all the crap theyve been through this year while still being so successful, you can only imagine what it woulda been like had everyone been healthy like last year...

Crosby is out for tonights game vs. Buffalo due to his anlke (i still think he came back too soon), that and Maxime Talbot is out, along with Hossa still being out...

...y'know, with all the crap theyve been through this year while still being so successful, you can only imagine what it woulda been like had everyone been healthy like last year...

The Sabres are most likley going to have JASON POMINVILLE on the blueline tonight.

Kalinin-out 2 weeks

Spacek-out "weeks"

Paetsch-day to day

Tallinder-day to day

All were injured in March, they called up two (Sekera, Weber) and may have Pominville on D if Tallinder can't go. 2006 playoffs vs. Carolina all over again.

Plus Connolly may not go tonight, Peters is suspended, And Bernier may still be out, but should be in the lineup.

Hopefully the Sabres can get a big win with all these guys out, against a tough Penguin team and get back within 2 of Philly.

saBS.png

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Most likely the same place or worse, the only reason they are so successful is because of Malkin getting the chance to play.

Hi, how are you?

The Sabres are most likley going to have JASON POMINVILLE on the blueline tonight.

Kalinin-out 2 weeks

Spacek-out "weeks"

Paetsch-day to day

Tallinder-day to day

All were injured in March, they called up two (Sekera, Weber) and may have Pominville on D if Tallinder can't go. 2006 playoffs vs. Carolina all over again.

Plus Connolly may not go tonight, Peters is suspended, And Bernier may still be out, but should be in the lineup.

Hopefully the Sabres can get a big win with all these guys out, against a tough Penguin team and get back within 2 of Philly.

Paetsch gets back from a hit by Sean Avery and gets hit with a cheap shot by George Laraque. Elbow to the jaw after the puck was far up ice. Laraque got a 5 min major and a game misconduct. The NHL should take a look at this.

saBS.png

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Most likely the same place or worse, the only reason they are so successful is because of Malkin getting the chance to play.

It is far more than jsut Malkin. Its Conklin, Malone, Sykora, Kennedy, Letang, every line, all those other guys they called up form Wilkes-Barre that stepped up...darn near the whole organization. Maybe theyre more than lucky. Maybe more than just one man carried the team through this season. Maybe theyre actually good and more than just Crosby and Malkin. Maybe fans of this team have the right to think how the team couldve been...how do you know I meant that in the way you thought? Maybe I meant that we would suck right now? That is what I meant. They woudl suck right now. This team is far better now than it was before these injuries - as ironic as it is.

Archived