Titans to match navy jerseys with light blue pants

Jezus_Ghoti

This Sunday, the Titans will bust out their navy blue jerseys and light blue pants. This will be the first time they have ever worn this combination.

Source (at the very bottom of the article).

I'm not so sure this is gonna look good. As we can see in the image below, they have now worn every possible uniform combo except light blue jerseys on white pants (3rd from the right in the image below).

titanscombos.jpg

*Image credit: PCG

Do the Titans hold the record for wearing the most different combos of the same uniform? I can't think of any other team that has 3 different sets of pants and uses them so interchangeably (I know the Falcons have 3 different pants, but I don't think they switch between them like the Titans do).

Do the Titans hold the record for wearing the most different combos of the same uniform? I can't think of any other team that has 3 different sets of pants and uses them so interchangeably (I know the Falcons have 3 different pants, but I don't think they switch between them like the Titans do).

Yes, the Titans wore 7 uniform combos last season, and this weekend will make the 8th. :blink:

The only other team that has 3 pants is the Rams, but the don't have an alt jersey like the Titans do.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Thank VY for the columbia--er, luv ya blue--revolution.

You know, cat's from Houston, after all. Grew up watching the Oilers. Somehow gets the good fortune of being drafted by the same franchise he grew up watching as a kid--only with a different name, andin a different location.

Dude LOBBIED HARD for the luv ya blue pants. The team got them. And they look worlds better than the navy.

Now if this team could somehow work that old Oiler red up into that set somehow...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It looks a lot better than the carolina top with navy pants.

But it it were up to me, I'd ditch the navy top and pants altogether.

i'd be all for ditching the navy pants, and using the navy jersey as an alternate.

You know, cat's from Houston, after all. Grew up watching the Oilers. Somehow gets the good fortune of being drafted by the same franchise he grew up watching as a kid--only with a different name, andin a different location.

Dude LOBBIED HARD for the luv ya blue pants. The team got them. And they look worlds better than the navy.

Now if this team could somehow work that old Oiler red up into that set somehow...

It stings every time i see the titans wear the columbia blue jersey or pants.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. If you arbitrarily pick a jersey and compare each of the available pants to see which combination looks the best, the navy pants always look worse than the whites or the light blues with your specific jersey choice. This holds for each of the jerseys. Conclusion: throw away the navy blue pants.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. If you arbitrarily pick a jersey and compare each of the available pants to see which combination looks the best, the navy pants always look worse than the whites or the light blues with your specific jersey choice. This holds for each of the jerseys. Conclusion: throw away the navy blue pants.

There's no way you can argue that the light blue jerseys look better with light blue pants than with navy pants.

But I still mostly agree. I wouldn't mind seeing the navy pants leave forever. But, if they do that, I would also want them to do some other minor tweaks (less ridiculous number font, ditch the tapered stripes on the helmet, consider ditching or altering the shoulder yoke).

Jim Rome, is that you?

I'm really excited to see this; I think the light blue pants with the white jersey looks phenomenal, and I think this is gonna look great too. I always hated the navy pants with navy socks look, as I hate any same-color pants and socks combo. The only Titans set I've seen that I really don't like is the all-light blue, just because it looks like a newborn boy's jammies.

Archived