ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

If Vick hadn't have decided to fight dogs in his spare time, the Falcons would be halfway decent.

Had Buckner exercised sound fundamentals, the Red Sox would've won the '86 WS.

Had Norwood put a little bit more accuracy on his kick, the Bills would've won a freakin Super Bowl.

Not to be that guy, but you do know that the score was TIED in the 10th when the ball went through Buckner's legs, right?

It would've gone to the 11th if he gets that out...and you have no way of ever knowing if the Mets would have won in 11 or 15 or 21 or whatever, or if Boston would've put up a 6 spot in the 12th or pushed a run across in teh 14th or whatever....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That said...the Red Sox are the better team, and the AL has been dominant in the post-season lately. (I'll readily admit St. Louis got VERY lucky last year.)

How could be lucky the 2006 Cards? I think they were very deserved World Champions and they defeated rightly the Tigers.

Can you explain more about this point of view? Thank you.

1. Anthony Reyes picked an excellent time to pitch the game of his life in Game 1. I'd say 98-99 times out of 100 he'd have gotten shelled in that game, based on his overall skill.

2. The Cardinals were the beneficiaries throughout the series of very convenient throwing errors on the part of Detroit. Errors that you would not normally expect of a MLB team, and were indeed very unlike Detroit. These errors helped set up key Cardinals runs, which gave them a chance to score when their bats were intermittent

3. Detroit's bats also picked a very good time (from the Cardinals standpoint) to vanish.

4. If the Cardinals didn't win Game 5, I would class it as "highly likely" that Detroit would have taken the next two in Mo-town. Basically, the Cardinals had to sweep the games in St. Louis if they wanted to win.

Thank you!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

(I'll readily admit St. Louis got VERY lucky last year.)

I wouldn't write it off to luck. I think last year's Cardinals were better than this year's Rockies and last year's Tigers weren't as good as this year's Red Sox. I never looked at that series last year and thought there's no way St. Louis wins this. Even though I was pulling for them, I never really thought The Rockies stood much of a chance against The Red Sox. I think my prediction for this series was Boston in 5 games at most.

The Rockies were fun to watch and their streak was incredible but let's be realistic for a second. The Rockies probably aren't even the best team in their league let alone all of baseball. They were a great cinderella story but as I said before, it's midnight.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

If Vick hadn't have decided to fight dogs in his spare time, the Falcons would be halfway decent.

Had Buckner exercised sound fundamentals, the Red Sox would've won the '86 WS.

Had Norwood put a little bit more accuracy on his kick, the Bills would've won a freakin Super Bowl.

Not to be that guy, but you do know that the score was TIED in the 10th when the ball went through Buckner's legs, right?

It would've gone to the 11th if he gets that out...and you have no way of ever knowing if the Mets would have won in 11 or 15 or 21 or whatever, or if Boston would've put up a 6 spot in the 12th or pushed a run across in teh 14th or whatever....

And Mookie would have beaten Buckner to the bag any way, and Stanley was out of position.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tonight is the first time I've seen Fox's pregame show. Is it always this amateurish and bad? What a joke.

That's why I always started on time to see the games. Never watched pregame shows.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Congratulations!

Salary cap and floor! Now!

Let the small markets win!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Red Sox were the best team in baseball for the majority of the season and they earned this title. I don't want to hear about blown calls, 8 day layoffs, or whatever. The BoSox went out there and did their damn thing. Congratulations to the 2007 World Series Champions. Party on, Red Sox Nation. Then go :censored: yourselves tomorrow!!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Red Sox were the best team in baseball for the majority of the season and they earned this title. I don't want to hear about blown calls, 8 day layoffs, or whatever. The BoSox went out there and did their damn thing. Congratulations to the 2007 World Series Champions. Party on, Red Sox Nation. Then go :censored: yourselves tomorrow!!!

What he said. Especially the last sentence. :P

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Lowell the MVP? Cha-ching...lol

I think it should have been Papelbon.

I think it should of been Jacoby, but Lowell was very deserving!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived