ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an even better question. Who in the hell is he?

I know I am old and I don't watch much TV other than sports but honestly I had never heard of him until he ruined MLB's promos. My girlfriend tells me he's a stand-up comic or something?

Wiki says he's a stand-up comic, but most people know better. He's supposedly from Boston, but I don't think Boston claims him.

I'd take Mike O'Malley over Cook any day.

... and that's saying something considering O'Malley's sitcom failed miserably....

... oh and I had no idea who Dane Cook was until the thread about favourite comedians.

"Yes, Dear" lasted 3 or so seasons. Not exactly a failure.

Remember ESPN's "The Rick"? That was O'Malley.

Oh, I was referring to the "Mike O'Malley Show" :blush:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210433/

I've never even heard of that... I guess that alone suggests how poorly it did. He was good on Yes, Dear, which actually lasted six years despite CBS not promoting it and treating the show like crap, overall -- I still don't understand why CBS treated the show the way they did considering it got good ratings and was a funny show.

I'm also curious as to what your "WHOLE different reason" was, Nick.

This series is going to come down to the Rockies bullpen. The Red Sox grind pitchers and the Rockies should expect their starters to last about five to six innings at the very most. And actually, Ubaldo Jimenez, tonight's starter, tends to struggle to get into the sixth inning anyways. He also has a tendency to be wild at times, and depends on hitters chasing balls out of the strikezone.

IUe6Hvh.png

If the Red Sox will have another slugfest tonight, I don't want to know how will they hit in Coors Field...

Being realistic, I think tonight the Rockies will play better than last night and be a tough rival for the Red Sox. Why? Because they were rusty after 9 days without any real game, maybe they got some rhythm now so they can reach the pace of the Red Sox.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

OK, Game 1 sucked. But this is still an intriguing matchup just because of all the things about the two teams and two communities.

It's East Coast vs. Rocky Mountains.

Old-fashioned uniforms vs. newfangled uniforms.

Old, classic ballpark vs. new, classic ballpark.

Franchise that goes back to the early days of baseball vs. a relatively new franchise.

Sea level vs. mile high.

Blue state vs. red state (I think).

Easterners vs. Westerners.

Samuel Adams vs. Coors.

Classic colors of navy, red and white vs. unique colors of purple, black and silver.

Beans vs. steak.

Oysters vs. Rocky Mountain oysters.

Etc., etc., etc. I'm sure you all can think of more items.

Anyone else really hate the new music on Fox for the players? I feel like I'm at a symphony.

Thank God for being me a deaf. :D

pennants.png

Boston just keeps coming at you. You know that sooner or later Manny or Pappy are going to hurt you. The problem is if you can manage to get around those two (which hasn't happened for anyone yet) you still have Lowell, Pedroia, Youkilis, etc. to contend with. When that lineup is on you better score 10+ and hang on for dear life. This game won't stay close for long. The Rockies are in way over their heads. The Red Sox are just a ton better. No two ways about it. Start sizing up that new ring Sox fans.

BB52Big.jpg

Hey, Schilling seems like he is done.

Seriously? I think Schill's pitchin a fine game so far...let a stupid walk get away right there though...

Yeah, read me the PM I already sent you... ;)

pennants.png

Boston just keeps coming at you. You know that sooner or later Manny or Pappy are going to hurt you. The problem is if you can manage to get around those two (which hasn't happened for anyone yet) you still have Lowell, Pedroia, Youkilis, etc. to contend with. When that lineup is on you better score 10+ and hang on for dear life. This game won't stay close for long. The Rockies are in way over their heads. The Red Sox are just a ton better. No two ways about it. Start sizing up that new ring Sox fans.

Well, with that payroll, the Red Sox better keep coming after you.... :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, with that payroll, the Red Sox better keep coming after you.... :rolleyes:

That doesn't mean a thing...how are the Yankees doing this time of year? They have almost $100 million more in their payroll than the Sox do...they should still be playing, right?

That doesn't mean a thing...how are the Yankees doing this time of year? They have almost $100 million more in their payroll than the Sox do...they should still be playing, right?

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Which the Yankees made, BTW.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let the Sox use up all their hitting tonight, I have no objections to it, because the Rockies WILL WIN four straight after tonight... and you can take that to the bank.

You're 0-for-2, Nick. You might want to quit while you're behind.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Let the Sox use up all their hitting tonight, I have no objections to it, because the Rockies WILL WIN four straight after tonight... and you can take that to the bank.

You're 0-for-2, Nick. You might want to quit while you're behind.

No kidding... no more predictions from me, what happens, happens. I hope the Rockies can pull it out, but if they don't, I'm still very proud they made it as far as they did.

What happened with Lugo? He bunted but the ump called him out.

I didn't watch very well this situation.

He bunted, but the ball was over fair territory when it bounced back and hit him. Any batter who contacts a fair ball is automatically out, even if both his feet were still in the batter's box at the time.

Diaz (home plate umpire) made the correct call, that's why the discussion with Francona was quick.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived