ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, that constant whizzing-grinding sound is getting more annoying than McCarver....

Just mute the d@mn thing....the game is so much better.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also, that constant whizzing-grinding sound is getting more annoying than McCarver....

More annoying than McCarver? Impossible.

It's either listen to the Fox's TV coverage, or turn on ESPN Radio and endure the time-difference between the radio and TV and in the process, withstand Joe Morgan doing radio coverage.....

I already know who hates me because of what team I cheer for -- and if you can justify that then you care way too much about other teams fans, by the way -- I don't need it mentioned in every baseball thread, and that's the thing really... a lot of great threads have suffered, lol. That said, I like people hating me because of my team... they wouldn't do it if my teams performance on the field didn't give them reason.

Lighten up Francis. No one hates you personally. You need to look at this like a political thread. I am a Democrat and on occasion I rail against republicans and conservatives. That does not mean that I hate a person like Tank. If anyone is "caring way too much" it's you. I come in here a have a little fun poking a stick at a fan base that, whether you like it or not, isn't terribly popular with most baseball fans and you (and by the looks of it only you) have a hissy fit over it and tell me to shut up etc.

Frankly, I don't particularly care what you need or don't need to see mentioned in any thread. Your attitude about this is exactly the attitude that I have been poking at. Your team wins the pennant and suddenly you get to dictate what is or isn't appropriate content in World Series thread? How did you manage that? If you don't like my posts then simply ignore them.

Nice first inning by the way. Your boys look serious.

BB52Big.jpg

It's either listen to the Fox's TV coverage, or turn on ESPN Radio and endure the time-difference between the radio and TV and in the process, withstand Joe Morgan doing radio coverage.....

Joe Morgan just might be worse than McCarver, actually.

By the way, Nick... did you mean 12-1 Red Sox? :P^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

I already know who hates me because of what team I cheer for -- and if you can justify that then you care way too much about other teams fans, by the way -- I don't need it mentioned in every baseball thread, and that's the thing really... a lot of great threads have suffered, lol. That said, I like people hating me because of my team... they wouldn't do it if my teams performance on the field didn't give them reason.

Lighten up Francis. No one hates you personally. You need to look at this like a political thread. I am a Democrat and on occasion I rail against republicans and conservatives. That does not mean that I hate a person like Tank. If anyone is "caring way too much" it's you. I come in here a have a little fun poking a stick at a fan base that, whether you like it or not, isn't terribly popular with most baseball fans and you (and by the looks of it only you) have a hissy fit over it and tell me to shut up etc.

Frankly, I don't particularly care what you need or don't need to see mentioned in any thread. Your attitude about this is exactly the attitude that I have been poking at. Your team wins the pennant and suddenly you get to dictate what is or isn't appropriate content in World Series thread? How did you manage that? If you don't like my posts then simply ignore them.

Nice first inning by the way. Your boys look serious.

Like I've said... I could care less what you think about Red Sox fans. The need to make it known every third post, and usually from completely out of left field, is what gets annoying and it gets a lot of threads sidetracked.

Beckett looks like he means business but that ball Atkins hit looked long gone off of the bat. Tulo makes it 3-1.

IUe6Hvh.png

At least I have the luxury of listening to WEEI and enduring the time difference between the radio and TV.

Rockies are going to win game one, 12-1... Don't start calling me a homer, that's not why I'm saying this, it's a WHOLE different reason, but you'll see, believe me.

Hi, I always have respected every rival team and fans including the Yankees, never bashed any of them.

But when Boston scores at least 4 runs, where is your sure prediction? 12-1? Maybe this game would be lost lately by the Red Sox but Boston scored at least four runs, not one run. ;)

You are homer. And I think it's all right about your supporting for your team.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Rockies are going to win game one, 12-1... Don't start calling me a homer, that's not why I'm saying this, it's a WHOLE different reason, but you'll see, believe me.

Hi, I always have respected every rival team and fans including the Yankees, never bashed any of them.

But when Boston scores at least 4 runs, where is your sure prediction? 12-1? Maybe this game would be lost lately by the Red Sox but Boston scored at least four runs, not one run. ;)

The reason I made such a prediction is because I had a dream that it happened that way, so there, that's truely why I did it.

I'm not surprised at the score, but I believe the Rockies can come back, they know how to hit Beckett, just gotta keep Boston from scoring too much from here on out.

Like I've said... I could care less what you think about Red Sox fans. The need to make it known every third post, and usually from completely out of left field, is what gets annoying and it gets a lot of threads sidetracked.

Beckett looks like he means business but that ball Atkins hit looked long gone off of the bat. Tulo makes it 3-1.

It's more like every fifth post and it's never from left field. Hating on The Red Sox is always relevant, even more so when they are doing well. Face it, no one likes to see you guys happy. I think couldn't care less is what you were looking for but I get your drift (unless of course you do care and wished you cared less which is an entirely different matter.) Anyway, if you don't care then why bother even responding to my posts? :D

As I said before, despite dsgitlin's protest, I'll keep it to baseball from here on out.

I know it's early but The Rockies look really overmatched. This might be a sweep. Frankly, I am surprised the Indians ever got to 3-1 on Boston.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't think it will be a sweep. But the big layoff has got to hurt Colorado's bats. Time off affects batting negatively, but gives the pitchers time to rest. Boston's batters are just getting hot at the right time, and the momentum looks like it's carried over to game 1.

I think by the time the Series moves back to Colorado, the Rockies' batters will start to get back to the dominance they held over the final month and last few rounds. Colorado could even take 2 of 3 back there, with the Red Sox winning the Series back at home in 6.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

They're called streaks for a reason. Streaks end. The Rockies were red hot but layoff or not, the gods of baseball were going to step in eventually and end it. 21 of 22 or whatever it was is off the charts ridiculously hot and it wasn't going to last no matter what. Conversely The Red Sox are hot right when they need to be. Baseball is ebb and flow and you can't get around it. I'm not saying it's over but reality has dropped in on the Rockies.

BB52Big.jpg

They're called streaks for a reason. Streaks end. The Rockies were red hot but layoff or not, the gods of baseball were going to step in eventually and end it. 21 of 22 or whatever it was is off the charts ridiculously hot and it wasn't going to last no matter what. Conversely The Red Sox are hot right when they need to be. Baseball is ebb and flow and you can't get around it. I'm not saying it's over but reality has dropped in on the Rockies.

They're just shaking the rust off...

25 out of 27 will be just as impressive, because that's what it's going to be.

They're just shaking the rust off...

25 out of 27 will be just as impressive, because that's what it's going to be.

Not the way the Red Sox are hitting.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

9-1. Rust or not the Rockies look outmatched.

They just chased the Rockies ace after four innings... and the Rockies have a rookie with below-average control starting tomorrow against a lineup that feeds off of pitchers who can't locate.

IUe6Hvh.png

The reason I made such a prediction is because I had a dream that it happened that way, so there, that's truely why I did it.

I'm not surprised at the score, but I believe the Rockies can come back, they know how to hit Beckett, just gotta keep Boston from scoring too much from here on out.

Ahh, I understand.

But, did you know? Generally dreams are made from unconscious wishes. You, as a true Rockies fans, obviously want your team succeded so you had dreams showing a great Rockies win.

I'm telling you a funny thing. I bought the DVD set of "The Bronx is burning". Today I already saw the next-to-last chapter that ends before the famous game where Reggie Jackson would hit three homeruns.

After that, I took a little nap... and I dreamed about Reggie hitting those HRs. :D

That happened because I like alots that DVD and my brain made this funny thing.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived