ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

With everyone picking the Rockies, I am now convinced the Red Sox will sweep this series. You all are putting the Hex on The Rockies by picking them to win. Stop it already.

Let me laugh out loud...!!! :D

I think you made this point in another thread, but I figure I might as well bring it up now....

You know the point you made about the Red Sox needing more rings to "keep up"?

They have twice as many World Championships as the other 3 teams in the LCS combined.

In fact, the only team in the playoffs this year with more rings than the Red Sox was the Yankees.

Spread the wealth. :P

Hey, I'm laughing about "putting a hex on the Rockies". The only stuff you must have to beat them is playing good baseball. Period.

And, yes, over 106 years and running, the Red Sox have only 6 World Series titles. It seems few for me. The Yankees, Cardinals and Athletics have more World Series than Boston (Dodgers are tied at 6), and each one of them deserved all the achievements.

With everyone picking the Rockies, I am now convinced the Red Sox will sweep this series. You all are putting the Hex on The Rockies by picking them to win. Stop it already.

Let me laugh out loud...!!! :D

Laughter about a hex from a fan base that believes a trade in 1920 kept their team from winning a World Series for all those years. At least Yankee fans have 26 rings to back up their arrogance. You guys win once in 5 generations and act like the rest of baseball is looking up at you. On the off chance the Rockies win this thing I wonder how long it will be before we see Red Sox nation running their mouths again around here. I am guessing it will be a while.

First, I thought you said it as a joke.

Second, I never believed in curses, jinx and hex. When the Red Sox won it all in 2004, it proved that there never was any curse, only lots of years of bad baseball.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Sox in 6(AND Packers-Broncos beats Game 5 HTH on Monday Night).

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Hey, another topic... did you know that there are 4 franchises that never were in a World Series?

They are Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Texas Rangers and Washington Nationals.

Thinking about the Mariners... they have more playoffs appearences than the Rockies and the Diamondbacks... but no WS ticket! <_<

pennants.png

Hey, another topic... did you know that there are 4 franchises that never were in a World Series?

They are Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Texas Rangers and Washington Nationals.

Thinking about the Mariners... they have more playoffs appearences than the Rockies and the Diamondbacks... but no WS ticket! <_<

The Astros finally made it after 43 years in 2005, while the Rangers still have yet to make it and they've been around for 46 years (including their years in Washington).

In their 10 seasons the Devil Rays have yet to finish above .500 and have only finished higher than last place once.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

... and what makes the Indians past so much better?

The people that take every opportunity to complain about the Red Sox fanbase have become far more annoying than the people they're complaining about -- particularly on this forum. Just shut up already, Infrared -- quit beating a dead horse. We know how you feel, and the Red Sox fans on this forum have been nothing but respectful so just shut up about it. Nobody here ever took any shots at the Indians during this series even though they gave people plenty of reason to... nobody ever went on a three paragraph rant about Indians fans.

Funny, the only person that seems upset about anything I've said about Red Sox fans appears to be you. That said, I am a reasonable person and I'll admit that I have been particularly rough on Red Sox fans. So I'll lay off. I imagine it wouldn't be any fun for Tribe fans if our team had just won the pennant and everyone hated our guts for doing it.

I apologize for "beating a dead horse." Enjoy the Series. I'll keep it to baseball from here on out.

BB52Big.jpg

Embarrassing Yankee mascot Rudy Giuliani is rooting for...the Boston Red Sox(!?) in the World Series.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base...x.ap/index.html

Gee, you'd think there was a vital, early primary in a small but vehemently pro-Red Sox state bordering Massachusetts or something. Although I was hoping/expecting he would somehow tie 9/11 into his reasoning.

If it were possible for my opinion of Giuliani to sink any lower, this might do it. ^_^

The people that take every opportunity to complain about the Red Sox fanbase have become far more annoying than the people they're complaining about -- particularly on this forum. Just shut up already, Infrared -- quit beating a dead horse. We know how you feel, and the Red Sox fans on this forum have been nothing but respectful so just shut up about it. Nobody here ever took any shots at the Indians during this series even though they gave people plenty of reason to... nobody ever went on a three paragraph rant about Indians fans.

Funny, the only person that seems upset about anything I've said about Red Sox fans appears to be you. That said, I am a reasonable person and I'll admit that I have been particularly rough on Red Sox fans. So I'll lay off. I imagine it wouldn't be any fun for Tribe fans if our team had just won the pennant and everyone hated our guts for doing it.

I apologize for "beating a dead horse." Enjoy the Series. I'll keep it to baseball from here on out.

No, no. Please don't stop. I also enjoy kicking the Red Sox, and think it's fully deserved.

To answer your original question, if the Red Sox lose the series, of course they won't shut up. We'll hear nothing but "the new curse" blathering for years and years.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Give me a break this is stupid, he said he is an AL fan that is all who cares who he is rooting for. Tim Robbins is a Mets fan I would rather stab myself in the eye before voting for Robbins.

Its like laundry I keep my colors and whites separated, I keep my sports and politics apart.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No, no. Please don't stop. I also enjoy kicking the Red Sox, and think it's fully deserved.

To answer your original question, if the Red Sox lose the series, of course they won't shut up. We'll hear nothing but "the new curse" blathering for years and years.

Don't assume all Red Sox fans are extremist zealots. I am a die-hard Red Sox fan, and I will be very happy if they win the Series. But I'm still basking in the 2004 win. And if they lose, I'll live. I'll just focus my attention on the currently 7-0 Patriots. I think myself and quite a few other members have been pretty quiet through most of this.

But the bashing goes both ways. Just as there are those who think Boston/Sox fans are smug and arrogant, there are just as many smug and arrogant Boston/Sox haters. Not all those who don't like Boston or the Sox are haters, and not all fans are obnoxious. It's just tiring reading through posts of people hopping on the Anti-Sox bandwagon because it's the trendy thing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Give me a break this is stupid, he said he is an AL fan that is all who cares who he is rooting for. Tim Robbins is a Mets fan I would rather stab myself in the eye before voting for Robbins.

Its like laundry I keep my colors and whites separated, I keep my sports and politics apart.

Regardless of political aspiration/affiliation, there is no valid reason for a Yankee fan to root for the Red Sox.

Don't assume all Red Sox fans are extremist zealots. I am a die-hard Red Sox fan, and I will be very happy if they win the Series. But I'm still basking in the 2004 win. And if they lose, I'll live. I'll just focus my attention on the currently 7-0 Patriots. I think myself and quite a few other members have been pretty quiet through most of this.

But the bashing goes both ways. Just as there are those who think Boston/Sox fans are smug and arrogant, there are just as many smug and arrogant Boston/Sox haters. Not all those who don't like Boston or the Sox are haters, and not all fans are obnoxious. It's just tiring reading through posts of people hopping on the Anti-Sox bandwagon because it's the trendy thing.

I think you put it better than I could... except for the Patriots part.

I already know who hates me because of what team I cheer for -- and if you can justify that then you care way too much about other teams fans, by the way -- I don't need it mentioned in every baseball thread, and that's the thing really... a lot of great threads have suffered, lol. That said, I like people hating me because of my team... they wouldn't do it if my teams performance on the field didn't give them reason.

I think Wakefield not being on the World Series roster is a good thing... but Snyder in his place? Ugh. I'd hate to see the Knuckleball trying to dance in the thin air of Colorado... but I'd hate to see anything Snyder throws, too.

IUe6Hvh.png

You're going to lose your citizenship in Red Sawks Nation for putting something like that in writing! :P

Sawks in 6. I really couldn't care less who wins, I just hope Beckett pitches lights out and Schilling gets blown up.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Same thought from me except for the Patriots stuff because I don't follow too much NFL (although I check the Dolphins campaign).

Get easy pals, there is no reason to raise hatred here, let's enjoy the World Series whoever will win it.

I hope my Red Sox will win it but if not, I hope they could leave a good image like 1967 and 1975. :)

pennants.png

Right.

$50 says you would start a thread if John Kerry or Ted Kennedy, both being Red Sox fans, said they were rooting for the Yankees in the World Series.

Rockies are going to win game one, 12-1... Don't start calling me a homer, that's not why I'm saying this, it's a WHOLE different reason, but you'll see, believe me.

They've barely scored 12 runs in their last three games combined... and tonight they're facing one of the best big game pitchers ever.

IUe6Hvh.png

Rockies are going to win game one, 12-1... Don't start calling me a homer, that's not why I'm saying this, it's a WHOLE different reason, but you'll see, believe me.

That was the score of Game 1 back in 1996, with the Braves winning 12-1 in Andruw Jones' welcoming party.

Are you saying Colorado wins the first two games, then the Red Sox win the next four to win the Series?

Archived