ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I for one will not be watching. I was hoping for a Tribe/Rockies series just so it could compete for worst world series matchup ever.

Why even respond? You must not like baseball, because this is going to be one entertaining series. I hoped for a Cleveland/Colorado series too, but my reason is that I thought it would be fun to see two very fundamentally sound teams play for the championship.

That said, Rockies in 6.

It's not a sexy series. The Rockies are a hot team and the Sox are coming off of a big comeback, but post-season baseball just hasn't done it for me this year. I'm more of a football fan than baseball fan, but I still love the game. I just have no vested interest in either one of these teams and don't care if one wins it more than the other.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sox in 4

Prepares to accuse poster of homerism....realizes who the subject is.

Red Sox in 6

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Being a pirates fan, I hate everyone whos better than the pirates equally...so no bias here...bandwagoning to hate is as bad as bandwagoning to like.

Annoying sports fans aside, Ill say Rockies, theyve always been my second NL team, and though I may not follow baseball as closely as I do hockey and football, from what Ive seen, id take them to win.

oBIgzrL.png

Sox in 4

leanonmespch2-95.JPG

"You smoke crack, don't ya? You smoke crack, don't ya?!?!?!?"

Yeah...you must with that prediction.....

Lean on Me reference + Awesome "Crazy" Joe quote = Post of the day. Where is that ribbon when you need it?

Sox vs. Rocks....cheep cheep cheep....snore....cheep cheep cheep....snore...

I won't invest one single second in this years World Series....

Frankly...I'll pull for Colorado from afar....Only because the last thing the country needs is yet another thing for loud mouth Bostonians to hype up...Their annoyance factor is only a shade below New Yorkers....

But it's ok to be another loud mouth with nothing more than to complain about Boston's teams and its fans. Not annoying at all.

Baseball doesn't need you. It will go on.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Frankly...I'll pull for Colorado from afar....Only because the last thing the country needs is yet another thing for loud mouth Bostonians to hype up...Their annoyance factor is only a shade below New Yorkers....

But it's ok to be another loud mouth with nothing more than to complain about Boston's teams and its fans. Not annoying at all.

I present to the court...exhibit A....

You've proved nothing.

How much will the Rockies inexperience affect this series? The Red Sox, unlike the Phillies and Diamondbacks have been here before. Does that play into this at all?

IUe6Hvh.png

Being a pirates fan, I hate everyone whos better than the pirates equally...so no bias here...bandwagoning to hate is as bad as bandwagoning to like.

So like me you hate 29 MLB clubs? LOL

Having grown up in Youngstown my loyalties were admittedly divided as a kid between the Bucs and Tribe, but like you (and despite the Indians' loss) I have no real bias toward or against any other teams.

nav-logo.png

... I thought patsox was exhibit A

I saw, I came, I left.

Did you notice that the Red Sox already played and won a World Series against a purple pinstriped team like the Rockies?

It was in 1912, the Red Sox beat the NY Giants in eight games (one was tied).

---------

Another stuff: a website using a simulation says that the Rockies would win the World Series in 7 games.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

With everyone picking the Rockies, I am now convinced the Red Sox will sweep this series. You all are putting the Hex on The Rockies by picking them to win. Stop it already.

Let me laugh out loud...!!! :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

With everyone picking the Rockies, I am now convinced the Red Sox will sweep this series. You all are putting the Hex on The Rockies by picking them to win. Stop it already.

I think you made this point in another thread, but I figure I might as well bring it up now....

You know the point you made about the Red Sox needing more rings to "keep up"?

They have twice as many World Championships as the other 3 teams in the LCS combined.

In fact, the only team in the playoffs this year with more rings than the Red Sox was the Yankees.

Spread the wealth. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Laughter about a hex from a fan base that believes a trade in 1920 kept their team from winning a World Series for all those years. At least Yankee fans have 26 rings to back up their arrogance. You guys win once in 5 generations and act like the rest of baseball is looking up at you. On the off chance the Rockies win this thing I wonder how long it will be before we see Red Sox nation running their mouths again around here. I am guessing it will be a while.

BB52Big.jpg

Laughter about a hex from a fan base that believes a trade in 1920 kept their team from winning a World Series for all those years. At least Yankee fans have 26 rings to back up their arrogance. You guys win once in 5 generations and act like the rest of baseball is looking up at you. On the off chance the Rockies win this thing I wonder how long it will be before we see Red Sox nation running their mouths again around here. I am guessing it will be a while.

... and what makes the Indians past so much better? You forget... despite that once in five generations slump the Red Sox still have the fourth most Championships -- pardon us for being proud of an, even considering those 86 years, great history. By the way, that hex you speak of was tongue in cheek... very few people actually believed it, and the one's that did were idiots. And if the Red Sox lose, we won't be any quieter than the other fanbases that have failed to win the World Series this year.

The people that take every opportunity to complain about the Red Sox fanbase have become far more annoying than the people they're complaining about -- particularly on this forum. Just shut up already, Infrared -- quit beating a dead horse. We know how you feel, and the Red Sox fans on this forum have been nothing but respectful so just shut up about it. Nobody here ever took any shots at the Indians during this series even though they gave people plenty of reason to... nobody ever went on a three paragraph rant about Indians fans.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived