Fantasy football midseason thread

Viper

Well, with NFL Week 7 now in the books most people's fantasy leagues are at or near the halfway point of their regular season. How is your team doing so far? This is the place to post it.

For me, this season has not gone the way I expected. I have two teams, the Toronto Vipers and the Las Vegas Flying Aces, both in keeper/dynasty leagues. Last season the Vipers finally made the league championship game, while the Flying Aces struggled for most of the year and wound up finishing sixth out of eight teams. Going into this season I was looking forward to a title run for Toronto and was hoping, but not terribly optimistic, for a reversal of fortune for Vegas.

The Vipers really stumbled out of the gate in 2007 and have yet to recover. That's partly because my running game has disappeared, but also because with the Rams' offense going down, my previous #1 QB, Marc Bulger, is no longer reliable even when he's healthy, and my other QBs (Matt Schaub, David Garrard) are crapshoots at best, and the waiver wire pickings are pretty slim at QB too. The Vipers presently sit at 3-10-1 (their league plays doubleheaders), one game out of the cellar. So much for Toronto's championship run.

With my usernamesake team's season in the toilet, it must suck to be me, right? Not so fast. My other team, the Las Vegas Flying Aces, which have historically struggled in the first half of the season, have finally come up big. Really big. They are 7-0 and comfortably lead their league in total points (the 2nd-place, and 2nd-highest scoring, team is 48 points behind me). And all this even with two of my regular starters, Rudi and Andre Johnson, out most of the year with injuries. Fortunately I snagged Tony Romo on waivers last season, and this year I managed to trade up a spot to draft Adrian Peterson. These have been my big studs so far in 2007. What's more, this league's top prize is for the regular-season title (we do have playoffs, but that prize is smaller), and we also have a total-points prize. The Flying Aces are presently in the lead for both of them, something they've never come close to doing before. Viva Las Vegas!

CCSLC signature.png

Right now my team the Tennessee Terriers are doing extremely well right now 5-1 prior to Sunday play in a ESPN league despite playing an absolutely murderous schedule w/ 4 of 6 away from home ,Thanks to the play of Tony Romo,Clinton Portis,T.J. Houshmandzadeh, and also Leon Washington and Wes Welker are becoming major contributors as well since being picked from waivers the Terriers are an offensive juggernaut with a 6620.8 PF which is good enough for 2nd in the leauge, and bend don't break defense.All in all,I can't wait to see how the 2nd half plays out.

One of my NFL teams is terrible. The CFA one on this forum is 5-2 and tied for the division lead but for the past three weeks have failed to put up points. I figured the early showing was a fluke, since the team was neglected before I took over in the offseason and nobody on the team was worth keeping.

My NCFA Football team 7-1, I believe, and ranked #3 in the Nation. But overall, my team lacks any sort of depth.

IUe6Hvh.png

My team in the league with my friends I'm now 5-2 half way through the season and tied for the division lead, but hopefully I'll get Steven Jackson back either this week or the next. It really helps having Romo and Owens on the roster, but this week could be tough with both of them on a bye. I survived a scare when both Steven Jackson and Cadillac Williams both went down, and then one of my back ups Micheal Pittman went down as well. Right now my only RB who actually starts is LenDale White, but hopefully SJax can get to 100% soon.

My team in the UFL here on the boards is 6-1 and first in the league overall. Schaub is my QB, and hopefully he'll be fine this week cause I'm going up against the second place team the Reno Gamblers who are 5-1-1. It don't matter though cause this is the year of the Loon! :P

Finally my NCFA team is 5-2-1 and 4th in the polls, and I'm really confident about them, all my players have been playing really good lately.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'm currently 2nd to last, but on a 3-game winning streak. I started off 0-4, thanks to:

- Maurice Jones-Blew

- Johnson & Johnson's injuries (Calvin and Andre)

- My league only starts 1 QB, and Kitna outscored Peyton several weeks, but can I really not start Peyton?

- Crappy TE's

- Starting Tatum Bell at one point

- Starting Ron Dayne...half my team was injured one week

- Starting Dallas' D over New England

- My opponent having Sammy Morris

Now things have picked up, thanks to:

- Jones-Drew's resurgence

- Peyton

- Derek Anderson and Braylon during Laser Rocketarm's Bye

- Nick Folk

- Chris Cooley's week 6

My top two teams are on the fantasy board here. The WFA's Niagara Falls Rapids are having a tough season (2-5). Rivers sucks, Andre Johnson had to get hurt, and Lee Evans is playing horrible, and my TE's have combined for like 5 points in 7 games.. At least we have a few bright spots in Marshawn Lynch, and the Defenses' of Carolina and Dallas.

On the other hand my #5-VSU Vikings (6-2) (2-0) of the NCFA are having a great year. The only losses they have suffered were to the #2, and #3 teams in the nation, both of whom were #1 at the time of the game against VSU. Leading the Vikings are (QB) Dan Lefevour-Central Michigan, and their stacked WR core. We have Turner(USC), Benn(Illinois), Underwood(Rutgers), and Anderson (CMU). All of them are capable starters. The TE's are less than desired, but Redshirted Freshman Aaron Hernandez (Florida) has upside for the next few years. This week is the Green & Gold war against Spurbury College. Spurbury and VSU are both located in Vermont, and both the Troopers and Vikings share the Green and Gold color scheme. Biggest Rivalry in the NCFA! VSU needs to win out and have a few teams lose to have a shot at the National Championship game, but a Big Northeast Title in our first year isn't too bad. GO VIKINGS.

saBS.png

My keeper team, the Tampa Bay Tiburons (in the CCSLC's own WFA) is currently in 3rd place of the leagues United States Conference with a 4-3 record.

Another team I have in a league with friends, the Clearwater Storm, that is also 4-3, 2nd place in my division. League is setup of 12 teams in 3 division, top 2 teams per division make playoffs with top 2 getting 1st round bye weeks.

So far it's a good year for me, I'm enjoying it.

Well, I'm the British Bulldogs in both my fantays commitments this year.

In the league I'm in here in the CCSLC, the World Football alliance, I'm 5-2 and second in the International conference (3rd overall, on points), despite forgetting to set my team up whiel I was on vacation.

In my other League, I'm also 5-2 and second overall, though it's beenvery rough at the Quarterback spot (so far this year, I've had Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Vince Young, Steve McNair & David Garrard on my roster) luckily I've got this Tomlinson fellow at running back, and he bailed me out in at least 2 weeks.

Things are looking promising fro coach limey right now

Right now the Glendale Demons of the CCSLC's WFA is 5-2 and just scored 100 points on Bills2005 Niagara Falls Rapids. We are 1st in our division and right now Tom Brady is looking like not only the teams, but the league MVP.

On the other hand, my NCFA team Glendale University Scorpions are having a lopsided year only winning 2 games

Two teams with two very similar performances.

The Puget Sound Emeralds, of the NCFA's Ocean West Conference, is 0-2 in the OWC and 2-6 overall. The team can do decently on certain weeks, but most of the time I end up getting overmatched by stronger teams.

The San Antonio Silver Hawks (UFL), on the other hand, just plain old stink. 1-6 this season in large part due to mostly ineffective offense that has me with the lowest point totals in the 12 team league.

My 4 team fantasy league team is killing it. It's not even fair.

MY EFL team, the California Celtics, are 6-1 with a big win over our rivals the Pittsburgh Natives.

The Good Points:

That Tom Brady guy is pretty good.

Peterson has done well.

My WR's are doind well.

The Bad Points:

LJ has just started showing up

Every time I start one D, the other one does better

My NCFA-F Team the Piedmont State University Mountain Lions are 4-4. Our starting QB, John David Booty, got hurt, and now the season is spiraling out of control.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

i'm in two yahoo leagues right now and both teams at 4-3 are currently in 6th out of 15.

in the public league i joined, i'm on a three game losing skid thanks to some injuries and last weeks bye week for about half the players on my team (poor planning on my part). in the league i'm in at work, i've come back from a 1-3 start to win three straight against the three top teams in the league...who would have thought having derek anderson would be a good thing?

should get a win in the public league this week and if the two teams ahead of me lose (like i think they will), i'll be jumping up. work league..against moss, brady, TO, gore, winslow.... looks like the streak is ending.

In my keeper league, I needed a decent RB in a bad way. To address the issue, I drafted Calvin Johnson and then traded him for Ronnie Brown. I waited until Ronnie Brown had a good game and then traded him for Willie Parker. I had been eyeing Parker for a long time and I was thrilled to finally figure out a way to get my hands on him.

It looked bad for a while (since Brown was playing so well), but with Brown getting hurt it now looks like it could actually work out for me.

Archived