A National 8-Man Football League

mantleisthebest7

to kewp80: Yeah, I know I messed up on the league. After I looked at it a few times I knew that changes would be made, whether they were simple or drastic. I like your idea for realignment. I had also thought about moving the Miami franchise to New York, because 1) I still couldnt find an identity for Miami and 2) NY needs a team! I thought up 22 teams cuz I just have this thing where if its a league, it has to be bigger than 10 teams or something (its like league OCD lol).

to chestnutz6: yes, I will make logos. It will definetely take a while, but yes I am planning on creating logos and uniforms. Some I have already made up, but thier either not on a computer as of yet or on a different one I am using, so I will try and get those soon.

to Spearhead: I really, really like your Texas suggestions. 36ers is the one I like the most, followed by Rough Riders and Wranglers. I would absolutely love to bring the Oilers back to football (it runs in my family - my mom's favorite team growing up was the Oilers and my uncle used to be a sideline coach. I'm something of an Oiler fan myself), but it 1) wouldnt be the same, and 2) they might have thier identity trademarked or stuck in the city or something. I thought when Houston got another team they'd bring back the Oilers, but they didnt so there must be something with that Identity. Anyways, great suggestions.

Just so you all know, I'm very much leaning towards relocating Miami to NY, but if you have any other ideas please let me know. Keep suggesting! This is great stuff I'm getting back!

Also, does anyone at all have any ideas for the Boston Indians colors? I know I've asked that a few times, but since they are a named franchise they really need colors for me to start working on them. Please, If you have any ideas let me know.'

Thanks again!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New idea for Boston if you'll listen. The whole colonial times/red, white, and blue motif is kind of played out around here, so i was thinking of something a little different.

The Boston Charlies. There was a song written a while back called "The M.T.A. Song" also known as "Charlie on the M.T.A." which was the name of the subway system at the time. It's about a man named Charlie who gets on the subway in Boston and can't get off due to the fact that he didn't have the one extra nickel to pay the fee to get off. The song is kind of a tradition/legend in Boston and i thought it would be a cool name for a fantasy team. The colors would be red and green because those are the colors of the lines he rode on. He got on at Kendall (red line), switched to the green, and could not get off the train.

just an idea. more about the legend of Charlie on the M.T.A. here: http://www.mit.edu/~jdreed/t/charlie.html

any Dropkick Murphys fans might know this song as Skinhead on the MBTA

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Hey, I kinda like that bostonfan. I may consider that. I still sort of like the Indians identity, but I may consider the Charlies. What would I use for a logo, though? Anything that comes to mind, let me know.

I havent ditched the Indians, though. So I would still like to hear ideas for thier colors. These suggestions are getting better and better! Thanks you guys!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

I have decided to keep Colorado's identity as the Aeros, mainly in part after Fort Collins Air Force base, where I believe that the Air Force Academy is located.

Actually, the United States Air Force Academy is located in Colorado Springs. Fort Collins is where Colorado State University is located.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I have decided to keep Colorado's identity as the Aeros, mainly in part after Fort Collins Air Force base, where I believe that the Air Force Academy is located.

Actually, the United States Air Force Academy is located in Colorado Springs. Fort Collins is where Colorado State University is located.

Oh your right! I knew that but I mixed up CSU with AFA. I meant Colorado Springs. Hey at least I was on the same track - Aeros can still work for Colorado. Thanks for that, JH42XCC! You saved me some humiliation LOL

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Hey, I kinda like that bostonfan. I may consider that. I still sort of like the Indians identity, but I may consider the Charlies. What would I use for a logo, though? Anything that comes to mind, let me know.

I havent ditched the Indians, though. So I would still like to hear ideas for thier colors. These suggestions are getting better and better! Thanks you guys!

a red or green subway train with a man leaning out the window?

EDIT: a green one. not red or green. the green line was the one Charlie got stuck on

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Hey guys!

Hows it goin with you all? I'm ok. I was looking at some high school prep links when I came along some 8-Man football leagues and I thought, "would'nt it be cool if there was a pro league for that?" I know what you guys are thinking, that Arena Football takes care of that, but Im not thinking of Arena (I cant remember if there's 8 in Arena or not...). Im thinking of real 8-man football with real sized fields and outdoor (maybe some indoor) stadiums. I figured, heck why not give it a go!

so I am not alone...aside from one small difference, I've had a similar idea I've been occasionally jotting down on whatever paper I can get my hands on for a few years now. Said small difference is I'd like to see how SE Wisconsin would take to sixman football, rather than 8-man. Why? Everybody can go out for a pass in sixman, and I have pretty good hands for a lineman. Either way, this is something that's just begging to get started...taking Racine for instance, we have no arena, so we'd never even attract the Niffle. What we do have in abundance, however, are football fields, former high school players, and graduating players who are mostly gonna be slept on by all the schools. So where the AFL, the indoor leagues would pass right by us, we could have a team in a state or regional sixman league, or even start our own city league.

Shoot, I've had ideas for a house league of sorts, about 4-6 teams, and these teams would feed into a main team in a state league a la many American Aussie Rules teams, and this 4-man basketball league where I largely got the idea from.

now for your Indians, I'd use dark burgundy and old gold. worked for the Skins, it'll work for you.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bullđŸ¤¬

Alright time for me to bite...I like kewp's allignment, changes will be italicized, just my suggestions...take as u may

Atlantic Division

Philadelphia Independence (Royal, Red, Silver, White)

Washington Presidents (Navy, Crimson, White)

Toronto Trappers (Forest Green, Las Vegas Gold, Cream)

Boston Irish (Shamrock Green, Black, White)

New York Knights (Red, Silver, Black)

Atlanta Express (Navy, Silver, Orange)

Central Division

St. Louis Stallions (Dark Purple, Old Gold, White)

Kansas City Marshalls (Midnight Blue, Goldenrod, White)

Chicago Cyclones (Black, Gray, Orange, White)

Milwaukee Muskies (Hunter Green, Yellow, White)

Minnesota Norse- for its Northern location and Scandanavian Heritage

Tennessee Blues (Faded Navy, Silver, White)

Mountain Division

Colorado Warhawks (Navy, Red, Metallic Silver)

Utah Bucks (Hunter Green, Light Brown, Cream, White)

Phoenix Renegades (Cardinal, Gold, White)

Houston Toros (Orange, Blue, White)

Texas Lonestar Rebels (Navy, Red, White)

Las Vegas Gamblers (Green, Gold, Silver)

Pacific Division

Los Angeles Kodiaks- stronger name IMO (Red, White, Black, Brown)

San Diego Wavemakers (Navy, Marigold, Teal, Silver)

Seattle Surge- name of a team I had to make in school...always liked it (Black, Silver, Teal, White)

Vancouver Belugas (Navy, Baby Blue, Silver)

San Jose Samurai (Black, Crimson, Gold)

Portland Lumberjacks (Maroon, Cream, Black)

brewerssig.jpg

Mantle, I was a huge Oilers fan growing up. My dad settled in the Houston area after a (failed) try-out with the first Oiler team back in 1960. I had hoped the Texans would keep the Oiler name and colors but Bud Adams retains the rights to both.

The Boston Indians ought to be in Iowa State red and gold.

But if you're going to change the name, call them the Shamrocks.

FsQiF2W.png

maybe if you go with the Charlies for Boston, they can be rivals with Atlanta because of the subway-related names.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Hey guys!

Hows it goin with you all? I'm ok. I was looking at some high school prep links when I came along some 8-Man football leagues and I thought, "would'nt it be cool if there was a pro league for that?" I know what you guys are thinking, that Arena Football takes care of that, but Im not thinking of Arena (I cant remember if there's 8 in Arena or not...). Im thinking of real 8-man football with real sized fields and outdoor (maybe some indoor) stadiums. I figured, heck why not give it a go!

so I am not alone...aside from one small difference, I've had a similar idea I've been occasionally jotting down on whatever paper I can get my hands on for a few years now. Said small difference is I'd like to see how SE Wisconsin would take to sixman football, rather than 8-man. Why? Everybody can go out for a pass in sixman, and I have pretty good hands for a lineman. Either way, this is something that's just begging to get started...taking Racine for instance, we have no arena, so we'd never even attract the Niffle. What we do have in abundance, however, are football fields, former high school players, and graduating players who are mostly gonna be slept on by all the schools.

I smell a series...

Atlanta Fury

Boston Blitz

New York Knights

Philadelphia Force

Toronto Centaurs

Washington Power

Chicago Brawlers

Kansas City Cavalry

Milwaukee Barons

Minnesota Moose

St. Louis Monarchs

Tennessee Showboats

Arizona Monsters

Colorado Sentinels

Dallas Stampede

Houston Apollos

Las Vegas Bandits

Utah Swarm

Los Angeles Quakes

Portland Pioneers

San Diego Armada

San Jose AzTechs

Seattle Steelheads

Vancouver Kodiaks

Let's_Go_Red: I really liked you setup, i just made several edits that I believe improve the league! :) just my ideas.

Atlantic Division

Philadelphia Freedom (Navy, Red, Sliver, White)

Washington Warhawks (Maroon, Golden Yellow, White)

Boston Shamrocks (Kelly Green, Old Gold, White)

New York Night (Deep Purple, Black, Vegas Gold)

Atlanta Express (Navy, Orange, Sliver)

Central Division

St. Louis Clydesdales (Scarlet, Navy, Vegas Gold)

Kansas City Cavalry (Old Gold, Chocolate Brown, White)

Chicago Navigators (Teal, Orange, Sliver)

Milwaukee Metros (Hunter Green, Vegas Gold, White)

Minnesota Norse (Carolina Blue, Yellow, White)

Nashville Notes (Maroon, Sliver, White)

Mountain Division

Colorado Avaitors (Royal Blue, White, Sliver)

Utah Blizzard (Navy, Carolina Blue, Sliver)

Phoenix Renegades (Cardinal, Gold, White)

Houston Toros (Orange, Blue, White)

Texas RoughRiders (Black, Old Gold, White)

Las Vegas Gamblers (Black, Hot Pink, Sliver)

Pacific Division

Los Angeles Kodiak (Green, White, Black)

San Diego Surge (Teal, Navy, Marigold, White)

Seattle Warriors (Red, Carolina Blue, White)

Vancouver Sockeye (Black, Sliver, Red)

San Jose Samurai (Teal, Yellow Gold, Cardinal, White)

Portland Lumberjacks (Cardinal, Forest Green, Vegas Gold)

edits italicized

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Ok I will take a stab, and bold those I would change from your orginal list.

- Western Division

Colorado Aeros - Dark Teal, Navy, Red, Metallic Silver (that greenish silver the Cowboys use)

Utah Bucks - Hunter Green, Light Brown, Cream, White

Phoenix Thunderbirds

San Diego Breakers

- Pacific Division

Los Angeles Bears - Red, White, Black, Brown (only on logo, none on uniform) - Logo and colors are to resemble CA state flag

San Jose Samurai - Black, Crimson, Gold

Seattle Reign

Vancouver Pride (Lion Reference)

- Southern Division

Kansas City Marshals - Black, Goldenrod, White

Houston Metros - Orange, Black, White

Tennesee Ridge Runners- Faded Navy, Silver, White

Texas Wild Catters - Baby Blue and Black

- Central Division

St. Louis Stallions - Dark Purple, Gold, White

Chicago Beef - Black, Grey, White

Milwaukee Bolts - Forest Green, Red, White

Minnesota Polarises - Dark Green, Silver, White

Toronto Generals

- Eastern Division

Philadelphia Freeman - Royal, Red, Silver, White

Washington Sentinal - Navy, Crimson, White

Boston Indians (after Boston Tea Party, when Patriots dressed as Indians dumped british tea off ships) - ?????

Atlanta Transpos - Red, Bronze, Black

Miami Solar Cats

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived