Colt Brennan

mantleisthebest7

Tatsunosuke wants the server to apologize immediately. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly, the best Division I-A quarterback in history is David Greene.

Stats aside, isn't the quarterback's main job to win games? Surely you can't argue against the quarterback with the most wins!

If anyone played "Heretic" back in the 90s...the skill level of Hawaii's schedule would be "Thou Needest a Wet Nurse". I'd hope they run the table with that difficulty.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I got people calling me "padowan" now. Tremendous. <_<

I understand alot of what you all are saying, but I am still not going to back down. Now the argument is that Hawai'i has a weak schedule. Well, as posted before (i cant remember who posted it but this was posted), Hawai'i tried to get USC, and I think Michigan to play them. They refused. So the Warriors tried to get them, but unfortunately they HAD to fill up those spots with lower teams. So dont blame Hawai'i for thier schedule. It's not like they chose the begginer difficulty level.

I made the Tarkenton argument because I felt I had to. Sure the Vikings went to four super bowls but they were always counted out because they always lost. They were the bust team of the era. They'd have a good year and people would go, "Ok, Minnesota is good. They'll probably go to the super bowl. But in the end, they'll get spanked." Then Tarkenton didnt get all the credit he deserved. Yeah, he got some, but all the spotlight went to the winners like Bradshaw, Staubach, and Starr. THE BIG BOYS. Then you looked at the all time ranks after a few years and you were suprised. "Holy crap, it's Fran Tarkenton!" See what I mean? I saw a similar situation here with Brennan. You see Tebow, Pat White (who actually is another QB I envy), those guys playing for the BCS teams get the hype. Then there's Brennan, who is equally talented if not more talented, is barely hanging on to an invite to the Heisman ceremony, and because he plays for Hawai'i he's an outcast. Then you see the ranks, and Its not a big boy at the top. It Brennan. 21 times.

As for the whole NFL talk, I dont think I ever said he'd be one of the best ever. I only said one of the best in the NFL. Meaning that, in a few years, he'll be a name we all know. Not the best like MVP caliber, but a Hasselbeck, a Brees, one of those guys. Whoever thought I said he'd be the best NFL QB EVER (you can't dethrone Farve and Tarkenton, who both are 1 and 2 in my list), must have misunderstood.

If Timmy Chang is better than Brennan, then why didnt they win? Timmy Chang played the same WAC teams, too. It's not like Hawai'i downgraded from the Pac-10 since he left. It seems like they've always been in the WAC. Chang was great, he played against some Utah teams and I watched him play. I know he was good. But I just consider Brennan to be better, considering its taken less time for him to compile these stats, considering all the records in his name, and considering the fact that when I watch him play, it'sd some of the most amazing football Ive ever seen. I said before, i've seen Sammy Baugh on tape throw passes that boggled me. I never saw a passer lead the reciever or throw a more compact, perfect pass then Sammy Baugh. Then I see Brennan and I see the same thing every saturday from him. Everybody is complaining about his delivery, his this and his that. But what does it matter if he's crazy accurate. They always say here in Utah that Ronnie Brewer (Jazz guard) has one of the weirdest shooting techniques theyve ever seen. But he drains shots left and right. So they dont care. If it works for him, it works for us. So why should it matter if Brennans delivery is "bad"? If he's throwing the ball where it needs to be all the time, why does it matter?

You guys have your opinion and I have always respected your opinion. Im that way, I never think to force anyone to change thier opinion. If Billy in Florida likes Tebow, good for him. That's his man. If George in West Virginia is a Pat White fan, thats great. White's a great guy and QB. He's a good choice. All Im saying is that we all have our guys and our opinions, and my guy is Colt Brennan and my opinion is regardless of the team he plays on, regardless or the teams he plays, and regardless of that ridiculous system label (it means nothing at all to me), Brennan is the best that I have ever seen at the college level. Not backing down.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

One quick thing before I forget about this thread and move on...

"They were the bust team of the era. "

Minnesota went to Super VIII with a 14-2 record, IX with a 12-4 record, and XI with a 13-3-1 record. They also lost to Shula's Dolphins, Noll's Steelers, and Madden's Raiders - not exactly chump teams. I wouldn't exactly call that a bust team.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Finally, someone who takes the time to think about this.

You've received well worded comments from many people that have come to different conclusions about Colt Brennan's supposed genius at his position. Because they disagree with you doesn't mean that they weren't thinking.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What about that guy from Chadron State who is the NCAA rushing leader? Why isn't he the best RB of all time? Answer me this, mantleisthebest.

Nice. The guy he passed, RJ Bowers, is in my recreation softball league. :P

KISSwall09.jpg

Im pretty last time I checked Colt Brennan and the Hawai'i Warrior football team doesn't actually make thier schedule. So therefor why should you bust a player's balls just because he played a weak schedule? Its not like Colt Brennan told Herman Frazier "Hey Herm baby, why don't you schedule me some scrubby teams so I can rape them and make my stats look better?" Besides Brennan only played 1 D-1AA team and he played 2 quarters versus them, the WAC teams? its not like Brennan himself can make his team go to the PAC-10... He just plays the teams the schedule tells him to... so for the love of freaking god stop saying becuase the weak schedule is the only reason colt brennan has any talent...

spacer.png

Im pretty last time I checked Colt Brennan and the Hawai'i Warrior football team doesn't actually make thier schedule. So therefor why should you bust a player's balls just because he played a weak schedule? Its not like Colt Brennan told Herman Frazier "Hey Herm baby, why don't you schedule me some scrubby teams so I can rape them and make my stats look better?" Besides Brennan only played 1 D-1AA team and he played 2 quarters versus them, the WAC teams? its not like Brennan himself can make his team go to the PAC-10... He just plays the teams the schedule tells him to... so for the love of freaking god stop saying becuase the weak schedule is the only reason colt brennan has any talent...

He has talent...no doubt. But best ever? Do you honestly thing the opponents don't effect the stats?

There is a huge difference from playing WAC teams every week and playing SEC teams every week. Playing one great team once is not the same as playing great teams week after week. I wears on you.

Look, he's going to get a big payday from going to Hawaii. He had a chance to showcase his skills. Its something he wouldn't have been able to do at a traditional football power. Its something he wouldn't have been able to do if he wasn't in the spread offense under June Jones.

But, they still play a weaker schedule. he choose to go where he went and Hawaii is getting plenty of respect. They are going to go to a BCS game while having (according to CBS sportsline and others) the 119th worst strength of schedule. When you take into account I-AA teams, some have them below up to 23 I-AA teams! They haven't played anyone in the top 100 SOS this season!

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/117

He has talent...no doubt. But best ever? Do you honestly thing the opponents don't effect the stats?

There is a huge difference from playing WAC teams every week and playing SEC teams every week. Playing one great team once is not the same as playing great teams week after week. I wears on you.

Look, he's going to get a big payday from going to Hawaii. He had a chance to showcase his skills. Its something he wouldn't have been able to do at a traditional football power. Its something he wouldn't have been able to do if he wasn't in the spread offense under June Jones.

But, they still play a weaker schedule. he choose to go where he went and Hawaii is getting plenty of respect. They are going to go to a BCS game while having (according to CBS sportsline and others) the 119th worst strength of schedule. When you take into account I-AA teams, some have them below up to 23 I-AA teams! They haven't played anyone in the top 100 SOS this season!

But doesn't the fact that at least two college football powerhouses were afraid to play them this year say something?

IUe6Hvh.png

Haven't you heard? Tim Tebow can cure diseases with a simple touch of his hands. Tim Tebow will bring peace to the middle east. Tim Tebow makes the blind see. At least that's what you'd think by the way CBS announcers slobber all over him when they're doing his games.

Still bitter, eh? :P

Getting away from the hyperbole and to the System argument, let's define what a "system" player is. Of course, every player plays in a system and is subsequently a product of said system. However, there are instances where...

(1) The player has a toolset that is tailored specifically for the position he plays

(2) The player plays in a system that is considered heterodox by common wisdom

(3) The player has statistics that are out of what is expected for a player with similar skills who plays in a "normal" system

(4) The player's statistics are either considered "normal" or below normal when they play in a "normal" system

When you have the following, you have a "system" player.

Now, which is most important factor in the four? #2 of course. Heterodox offencive systems, especially the Run and Shoot, have several advantages at the college level, mainly:

• Because they are so rare, most teams have little or no experience facing a system like that, even if they are in the same conference
  • Because they are so rare, it is well-night difficult to create a useful practice squad that could simulate the offence, limiting a team's ability to practice against them, especially in college, where teams only have 20 hours a week to practice.
  • Universities, especially in the case of pre-Callahan Nebraska, hold a considerable sway over high school football programs in the area, as a result, the better high schools create a pipeline for players who are groomed to play in the system for years before entering college.

So, when you have a team with a pass-happy offence manned at the skill positions by players who have played the system (or a variation thereof) for years already playing teams who have little or no clue how to stop them, naturally you're going to get an imbalance, especially when you're not playing top-notch opposition. The proof of their worth will be, of course, when they play a team whose sheer talent is at a level that can mitigate the system's advantages, and especially when the team can prepare for an extended period of time like for a bowl game. Colt Brennan is a great example of this* and frankly, can you tell someone with a straight face that he is a better system player, much less a better college football player than Ty Detmer? How many #1 teams has Hawai'i defeated with Colt Brennan at the helm?

*Yes, I know his pedigree, but would he have the same statistics if he were still at Colorado?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If we go by wins, Jay Barker has to be in the discussion. During his time at the helm of the Alabama offense, he went 35-2-1, won a national championship, and the Johnny Unitas Award.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Haven't you heard? Tim Tebow can cure diseases with a simple touch of his hands. Tim Tebow will bring peace to the middle east. Tim Tebow makes the blind see. At least that's what you'd think by the way CBS announcers slobber all over him when they're doing his games.

Still bitter, eh? :P

I can see where you would assume that my comments were based on last year, but I assure you that wasn't the case. The media falls all over themselves trying to out hyperbole each other when it comes to Tim Tebow. It's just an observation. I have nothing against the kid. He's a great player.

Believe it or not, last year's debacle against Florida had nothing to do with that post. In fact, it never even occurred to me that it would come across that way. That's the God's honest truth.

I think it would be pretty silly to hate Florida or be "bitter" just because they beat my team last year. I just don't take it that seriously.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

But doesn't the fact that at least two college football powerhouses were afraid to play them this year say something?

No...most schools tend to avoid "no-win scenarios" if possible.. In other words...you beat them? So what? You lose to them? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

That and Hawaii is becoming big time enough that they will demand home-and-homes...and you don't want to go to the Islands.

Today, we are all otaku.

Colt Brennan - 42/50 442yards 5TDs 0Ints v.s Washington.*

*-Washington finished the season 4-9, last in the Pac-10. Their best wins came hosting a severely reeling Cal team and Boise State. :rolleyes:

Hawaii still needed a late rally to win.

I hope the Warriors don't *bleep* it up for future midmajors... <_<

Today, we are all otaku.

Let me just say one thing. I could throw for 400 yards a game against teams like Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern. Couple that with the fact that he throws anywhere between 45 and 60 passes a game and many quarterbacks could put up similar numbers. Put him in a harder conference, such as the Pac-10 or SEC, and I bet he will have been "average" at best.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Archived