Logos You Didn't Know They Had

fonz

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=6078

for some reason this logo disturbs me.

[borat] It look like withered old man who is make the sexytime with ball of baskets. Very nice! [/borat]

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
929ky5.gif

Wasn't aware the Giants still used this, and I'm a Giants fan.

The QB in the stadium looks like Eli Manning.

Because it sucks?

Do the HAVE a QB in Buffalo? I mean, come on! Think before you mock! :P

Manning was part of my fantasy team's QB tandem this season. I did think about it. He sucks.

And to answer your question, no.

FIXED

GiantEdit1.png

929ky5.gif

Wasn't aware the Giants still used this, and I'm a Giants fan.

The QB in the stadium looks like Eli Manning.

Because it sucks?

Do the HAVE a QB in Buffalo? I mean, come on! Think before you mock! :P

Manning was part of my fantasy team's QB tandem this season. I did think about it. He sucks.

And to answer your question, no.

FIXED

GiantEdit1.png

See, I told you! jk-nice job

• 5 weeks later...
http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=6078

for some reason this logo disturbs me.

Hmm that alternate Raptors logo look like that Raptor was about to hump the silver basketball eh? HMM.. strangest one I ever saw... lol...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The Nationals are slowly putting the "DC" mark out to pasture, in favor of emphasizing the curly "W" instead.

Really? It still appears on the sleeve of both the home and road jerseys:

pMLB2-1777387dt.jpgpMLB2-1777446dt.jpg

That appears to be a new sleeve patch - looks like they used to have this logo on the sleeve:

pMLB2-2173837dt.jpg

In any case, doesn't look like they're really putting it out to pasture. It's still on the alternate cap, as well.

In any case, doesn't look like they're really putting it out to pasture. It's still on the alternate cap, as well.

Indeed, it is still present on the alt. unis and shoulder patches, but in the past season it has disappeared from the batting practice jerseys and caps. And those red alternates with the interlocking DC will see much less use this season, as there are many fewer day games (it was worn almost exclusively during day games). It is also apparent in the Nats' marketing, where it has been replaced by the curly W. I seem to recall reading an interview with team pres. Stan Kasten in which he said that they were shying away from the DC logo as a nod to the fact that the team draws fans from a region that goes well beyond the District of Columbia.

Regardless of what happens to the interlocking DC, judging from how much it has been used at the new ballpark, I don't think the curly W is going anywhere, anytime soon...

IMG_7266.JPG

IMG_7237.JPG

Images from Nats320.

I don't think the curly W is going anywhere soon, either. That doesn't say anything about the DC. They are still featuring it prominently on both jerseys - if they really wanted to minimize it, I'd expect a different logo on the sleeves.

I seem to recall reading an interview with team pres. Stan Kasten in which he said that they were shying away from the DC logo as a nod to the fact that the team draws fans from a region that goes well beyond the District of Columbia.

Wait.

So the "W" somehow reaches out farther than "DC"?

Do people in Maryland and Virginia identify with "Washington" but recoil at the thought of being part of "the District"?

:blink:

Wait.

Do people in Maryland and Virginia identify with "Washington" but recoil at the thought of being part of "the District"?

Yes. "Washington" is often used in reference to the entire metro area, while "DC" refers to the District of Columbia proper. There is a pretty big difference.

Wait.

It doesn't make sense, but that doesn't mean a team will not do it.

I doubt the Angels have any new fans just because it reads "Los Angeles" in the standings.

Wait.

Yes. "Washington" is often used in reference to the entire metro area, while "DC" refers to the District of Columbia proper. There is a pretty big difference.

Didn't know that, considering they're actually one and the same. Thanks for the clarification.

I find the DC mark to be more relevant to this club than the W. I think the W should be the one put to pasture, in regards to the current incaranation of this club.

Naah, i'm the opposite. I find the "W" to be the better logo since it has the history behind it.

The curly 'W' is by far the better logo asthetically and historically. I like the idea of the 'DC' logo but don't think it has quite the same punch that the curly 'W' has. I'm glad they've chosen to feature it prominantly around their new ballpark.

I find the DC mark to be more relevant to this club than the W. I think the W should be the one put to pasture, in regards to the current incaranation of this club.

Naah, i'm the opposite. I find the "W" to be the better logo since it has the history behind it.

Here's the rub, though - the Walgreens' W has almost no history behind it....

Archived