Super Bowl XLIII Logo

dirtywater11

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they need to get the hell out of Florida. Put it in California, Georgia or some place else. It is really getting boring in Florida.

Obviously they will never do it but how interesting would it be if the Super Bowl location for the next year was awarded to the winning team's stadium?

I've also thought it would be a good idea to hold the pro bowl in the upcoming Super Bowl location as a sort of kick off to the next season, or rotate it around the league like the other sports.

I just looked on the external links to future Super Bowl sites. Miami again?!?!?!?(SB XLIV) This is getting old, fellas. Show some variety, Super Bowl! I can't imagine what thier logo will look like, seeing that they had the super bowl there 10 freaking times!

Now XLV in Dallas.....that logo is gonna be interesting.

What's wrong with them playing in Florida? It's not like you were ever going to score tickets for the game anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why don't they ever play it in the Rose Bowl anymore?

Also the new logo has to be the worst one yet. It looks like something you'd see in Madden as a made-up generic logo for the SB.

I was wondering the same thing. I would love for the Super Bowl to be back at the Rose Bowl, despite that ther is no team in the LA area anymore and never will be. LA tried twice with a team and they all left. Rams in 1994 and the raiders also in 94. They just can't support an NFL team.

Why don't they ever play it in the Rose Bowl anymore?

Also the new logo has to be the worst one yet. It looks like something you'd see in Madden as a made-up generic logo for the SB.

I was wondering the same thing. I would love for the Super Bowl to be back at the Rose Bowl, despite that ther is no team in the LA area anymore and never will be. LA tried twice with a team and they all left. Rams in 1994 and the raiders also in 94. They just can't support an NFL team.

I think if they have an NFL team or not, The Super Bowl should be in the greater Los Angeles area (Rose Bowl) on a rotating cycle because L.A. is a great spot to host, the Rose Bowl can fill 100+ seats and L.A. has more places to go out and party and more to do than the other cities no offense to South Florida.

They were in contention for SB XLIII but the city rejected a plan a few years ago to renovate the Rose Bowl

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The NFL won't play in the Rose Bowl because they no longer host the Super Bowl in non-NFL stadiums. It's stupid too, because a Super Bowl in Las Vegas (do they even have a stadium that could hold it? I don't know) seems like the exact perfect place for the game -- the NFL's blind denial that gambling has anything to do with the league's popularity notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think you people are looking back at past Super Bowl logos with rose coloured glasses on. Except for a very small handfull the ALL seem pretty genereic. What about the era where they lost all their crayons except for blue red and grey. Every year.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

It'd be funny if Super Bowl XLIII featured two teams who don't have blue endzones.

They could have always made the Patriots endzone red or silver and the Giants endzone red or grey.

:blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Keep the roman numerals. They are better than just putting the year or "43" or "52"... it just looks better.

I don't know why the NFL is going in this direction, but the logos for the last three Super Bowls (XLI, XLII, XLIII), have been SOOOOO generic and boring. I don't get it.

I agree with you, there is no originality in creating nowadays, I was looking back at a few SB posters and Tickets and I remember the creativity in the SB and roman numerals (especially in the 70's), today it's remixing something that was made a couple of years ago, take a few colors out and tadaaaa "yawn", you have a so called new logo.....they need to have a contest for fans to create the next SB logo...it's time for some new creative energy to step in and help.....

I happen to love these Superbowl logos:

3: 2359.gif

2: 2358.gif

1: 2348.gif

My Parents actually went to Super Bowl 24. We still have two collector's edition card sets featuring player cards from each team. They are very nice. We might still have a program from the game too, I don't know.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It can be in a non-NFL stadium, but it can't be in a non-NFL market.

The NFL won't play in the Rose Bowl because they no longer host the Super Bowl in non-NFL stadiums. It's stupid too, because a Super Bowl in Las Vegas (do they even have a stadium that could hold it? I don't know) seems like the exact perfect place for the game -- the NFL's blind denial that gambling has anything to do with the league's popularity notwithstanding.

they need to get the hell out of Florida. Put it in California, Georgia or some place else. It is really getting boring in Florida.

Until San Diego gets a new stadium or LA gets an NFL franchise, there won't be any Super Bowls in California for the foreseeable future.

Miami, Tampa, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans and Atlanta will be in the rotation along with the occassional cold weather city (Indy, Detroit)

Until San Diego gets a new stadium or LA gets an NFL franchise, there won't be any Super Bowls in California for the foreseeable future.

Miami, Tampa, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans and Atlanta will be in the rotation along with the occassional cold weather city (Indy, Detroit)

:mad::evil::cursing:

my favorite sb ones are the following

1. 2344.gif

2. 2342.gif

3. 2343.gif

4. 2346.gif

5. 2355.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived