Panthers' Zednik cut on neck by teammate's skate

Viper

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Linesman getting cut and right after it happened there was a big fight between the Rangers and Flyers

Here is the Zednik injury on you tube must be like deja vu for the Sabres

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O1xQM1LTGK0

and for historical perspective

Clint Milarchuk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gdt8nDOY9fk&feature=related

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I saw that Florida-BUffalo game on NHL Network tonite and did tape in case I missed something.... and saw what happened...ohh boy... I'm glad Richard is okay.... hope he will recover well enough and I bet he will have his season done for the time being so he can be 100% okay for the next season.... still, my prayers with him and his family on this.. .oh boyy.....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

NHL Network just said he is "out of surgery, and resting comfortably." Certainly great news there after a very scary situation.

At least nobody saw what happened, since Sabres fans don't go to the games, right?

Good news to hear that Zednik will be alright.

NHL Network just said he is "out of surgery, and resting comfortably." Certainly great news there after a very scary situation.

At least nobody saw what happened, since Sabres fans don't go to the games, right?

i think you are thinking of devils games we have sold out all but two games this year, and i was at this game and it was pretty surreal

Why is it no big deal for everyone to rip Philly, like its the big trendy thing to do. But as soon as someone from the Philly area says something about somewhere else, its blasphemy. You all need to stop listening to the crap the media forces on you. A very small percentage of people act like idiots at games, and get drunk. Every city has that so I dont want to hear it. The only reason Philly gets a bad rap is because everyone is waiting to jump on every little thing. I go to most of the games. A few weeks ago, Milan Lucic went face first into the dasher and was down for a few minutes. When he got up, he got a standing ovation. The linesman that took the skate to the face, when he was helped off the ice, standing ovation. Damn straight Im gonna stand up for my city/fans when people like you constantly attack us. Im sick and tired of it, but its ok when RJ Umberger is unconscious and clearly injured, and the Sabres show repeated replays of it while hes down on the ice. It goes unnoticed because its in Buffalo, and God forbid we call them out on anything.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Well then.... maybe if you don't want to be attacked, then maybe you should think twice about attacking others (i.e. Buffalo) in this case. It wasn't an attack on Philly, but just an attack on what you said. Nothing more than that. Stop sulking unless you're talking about your team losing.

I saw, I came, I left.

i think you are thinking of devils games we have sold out all but two games this year, and i was at this game and it was pretty surreal

No, actually I am thinking of a topic that philly97flyer started about Sabres fans allegedly not going to games this year. It isn't news that nobody in New Jersey cares about their teams. In terms of selling out their arena, Devils fans are amongst the worst in the league. They are classy and knowledgeable, but it isn't news that the Prudential Center is about 60% full every night.

Why is it no big deal for everyone to rip Philly, like its the big trendy thing to do. But as soon as someone from the Philly area says something about somewhere else, its blasphemy. You all need to stop listening to the crap the media forces on you. A very small percentage of people act like idiots at games, and get drunk. Every city has that so I dont want to hear it. The only reason Philly gets a bad rap is because everyone is waiting to jump on every little thing. I go to most of the games. A few weeks ago, Milan Lucic went face first into the dasher and was down for a few minutes. When he got up, he got a standing ovation. The linesman that took the skate to the face, when he was helped off the ice, standing ovation. Damn straight Im gonna stand up for my city/fans when people like you constantly attack us. Im sick and tired of it, but its ok when RJ Umberger is unconscious and clearly injured, and the Sabres show repeated replays of it while hes down on the ice. It goes unnoticed because its in Buffalo, and God forbid we call them out on anything.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out.

A similar incident happened in a Europeen hockey league. Bengt Åkerblom was the player who caught a skate in the throat while a player fell face first on the ice....just like Zednik. Unfortunately, Åkerblom died from that injury. It happened in 1995. Both Zednik and Malarchuk are very lucky. Either or both of them could of died as well.

That's why ice skating freaks me out. Too many sharp things flying in too many sharp directions. I'm glad Zednik is okay, that could've been worse than it turned out.

And I wouldn't discount too many of Philly97Flyer's rants -- if he hadn't cussed out the board after the Eagles won the NFC championship, he wouldn't have gotten suspended, and then I wouldn't have taken over his Arena Football fantasy team, and then where would I be? ^_^

philly.png

Archived