Rangers considering change back to red?

mania

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=tex

The Rangers will at least consider the possibility of going back to red uniforms, vice president Jim Sundberg said.

That's an item that will make its way onto Nolan Ryan's agenda at some point after he officially begins his new duties as club president on Thursday.

"We're on the front end of some branding issues that will be played out this year," Sundberg said. "One will probably be along the lines of the look of the uniform. That's a down-the-road issue, but everybody is aware of it. They wore the red uniforms when they were winning, so it has some connection."

The Rangers went to red uniforms when they moved into Rangers Ballpark in Arlington in 1994 and wore them during the division championship seasons of 1996 and 1998-99. But they went to blue uniforms in 2001. There is some sentiment among their fans to go back to red uniforms.

"We did a survey and there wasn't a strong feeling one way or the other," Sundberg said. "It was pretty neutral."

While I don't think a return to the exact same red uniforms we wore in the mid-90s is the answer, any evaluation of our current look can only be a positive thing. I'd love a change back to red, but I'd settle for a genuine logo and to get rid of all the black.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I much prefer the Rangers on blue, red is gonna make them look like the Angels, a division rival, AGAIN.

Anaheim copied Texas.

Anyway I say keep them the way they are, but get rid of the silly vests.

I know, but going back to it would now be copying Anaheim. Plus the Angels won a World Series in those, so they arent changing anytime soon.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I just really think some kind of change needs to be made. If they keep blue as the primary color, I think the one we use now looks too dark a lot of the time, especially on hats.

The script we use is decent, but I would definitely prefer a revival of the Rangers script in my sig (even with the Dodgers/Royals comparison, it's a much nicer look).

Truthfully, maybe I'll work out a concept, I'd like to see a ligher blue, more red, NO BLACK, the cursive script on the homes(maybe red caps) and powder blue roads like they wore in the early 80s, only with a Texas script fashioned the same way as the Rangers, with a blue cap.

Great. Another red uniform.

As opposed to another blue uniform? Either way, there's a severe lack of color creativity in baseball.

I couldn't agree more. It just seems like the red uniforms all look alike more than the blue ones do.

BB52Big.jpg

I just really think some kind of change needs to be made. If they keep blue as the primary color, I think the one we use now looks too dark a lot of the time, especially on hats.

The script we use is decent, but I would definitely prefer a revival of the Rangers script in my sig (even with the Dodgers/Royals comparison, it's a much nicer look).

Truthfully, maybe I'll work out a concept, I'd like to see a ligher blue, more red, NO BLACK, the cursive script on the homes(maybe red caps) and powder blue roads like they wore in the early 80s, only with a Texas script fashioned the same way as the Rangers, with a blue cap.

I wouldn't be opposed to that in theory. I like the royal blue, red, white and even the minimal silver they use on the accent patches. No to black and even powder blue. I've already mentioned the nasty vests so I'll skip ahead to the "T" on the caps. Keep it the way it is. The moronic "T" from the 80's is an over-serifed joke and only has throwback value.

It seems that a lot of the Ranger collective on the CCSLC waxes romantically about the "Dodger" script era font. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's any better than what the team wears now. The current style gives them somewhat of a more distinct look imo.

newsig.jpg

Archived