Rangers considering change back to red?

mania

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, maroon and grey. It seems like more and more teams are going with camouflage, so why not pay tribute to a school whose students think they're in the army?

Because (no offense to any Aggies here) the vast majority of said students seem to also be insane?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Rangers have had too many issues in blue, and I know many fans who want to go back to red because that's the only time we ever won. The thing is though that people are now attached to the sleeveless uniforms and "new style." I have a feeling just a color switch is going on.

Texasred.jpg

Change the font to red and that's what I think is coming. Personally, I like the idea of a total color switch.

They should stay predominately blue. Going back to red, and especially those uniforms meadowlanders posted would look way too much like the Angles.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a possible predominately red alt, just don't wear it when they play the Angles.

Also, since we're on the topic of a Texas baseball club I must say that I am growing sick and tired or the Brick and Black scheme of the Astros. They need to go back to the Navy and Orange scheme or even the Navy and Gold scheme.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Rangers have one of the best looks in baseball right now. Just tame the alternates and drop any black, and you have pure beauty. I love their shade of royal, too. Whenever you see them with those white uniforms, blue hats, and the pants hiked up showing off those solid royal blue socks, it doesn't get much better.

Though, I do miss the days of the red uniforms, I just think their current blues are absolutely beautiful.

Oh, and yes, the Astros need to change their colors. (Of course, who here hasn't said that at one point in time?)

Great. Another red uniform.

As opposed to another blue uniform? Either way, there's a severe lack of color creativity in baseball.

I couldn't agree more. It just seems like the red uniforms all look alike more than the blue ones do.

That's why I liked the Pirates in their 70s uniforms, with the mixes of black, yellow, and white jerseys and pants. Too many baseball teams just look too similar, and I agree there are too many blue or red uniforms.

With 162+ games a year, baseball should at least consider more alts and let teams wear pants other than white or gray...let's add some color to the game!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Does anybody else ever view the Rangers as the "under the radar" team? Throughout their entire history they seem to have never been too bad or too good. The just go through the season and never make much noise. Maybe doing something really drastic on the uniform front will at least make them stand out more. Light blue and red? Royal and silver? I would like to see a blue cap with just a silver "tin star badge" logo. Yeah, I know the Astros already put a star on their caps, but it could look really nice if done right.

I love their shade of royal, too.

I don't know...a lot of people here think that it looks like Purple...

(It's the same Blue that the Devil Rays used before this upcoming season.)

:P

It's seems a lot deeper and richer. Not dull and faded like some royal blues tend to look. At least that's how it looks to me.

yeah, maroon and grey. It seems like more and more teams are going with camouflage, so why not pay tribute to a school whose students think they're in the army?

Because (no offense to any Aggies here) the vast majority of said students seem to also be insane?

The Corps of Cadets is a small (albeit vocal) population of the student body. Most Aggies I know are just normal college students.

But getting back on track, I think there is very little the Rangers can do to change their uniforms. They are the "TEXAS" rangers and the Texas flag is red, white, and blue. Anything else just wouldn't fit IMHO.

Since the Nolan Ryan no-hitter I saw featured him wearing a blue Rangers, cap, and since blue and red is distinctive in the AL-West whereas red is not, the Rangers simply must not switch back to dominant red.

Now, introducing more red into their color scheme? Great idea. Getting rid of the black? Even better. But this team, in this division, needs blue to be the dominant color.

And a big fat no on the script. Might as well just switch to a black stencil that just says "Baseball Team." I know, it's what they wore when we were all growing up and blah blah blah, but some of my favorite teams looked like crap back in the day too.

That said, I do think the Rangers have room to improve their jersey script. I mean, I love their jersey scripts as-is, but the degree to which the Angels ripped them off is troubling. So an even more Western-themed jersey script would be in order. It could even me a move back to script, not block, letters. The end result should be a jersey that you could mistake for the cover of a Larry McMurtry novel. With a blue cap. Looking at some of Plan B's unused script ideas for the Casper Ghosts actually made me think, "This would be perfect for the Rangers." With just a little nudge toward a stronger "frontier" feel, the Rangers would become my team in the AL-West by virtue of uniform preference alone.

[Obviously, tastes differ, and I don't mean for my opinions on the Rangers colors and script to be read as an attack on anybody's deeply felt preferences.]

20082614447.png

I think they should just keep what they have. It's Texas colors, and they look better with that rich blue as the primary. Leave it be.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived