Animated NFL Logos

B-Rich

My friend sent me a link of this short Youtube video. It is from a 1959 promo/ad, sponsored by Marlboro, and features a map of the US with animated mascots for each of the teams in the then-12 team NFL (including the Chicago Cardinals).

What a hoot!!

Here is a still of the Redskin -- definitely not PC:

redskin.jpg

Here is the link to the video:

NFL Sunday afternoon courtesy of Marlboro cigarettes

Enjoy!!

It is what it is.

the steelers and browns didnt really make much sense....and the colts one works better for the broncos

Why doesn't the Browns one make sense? It's a Brownie.

I'm also not sure why you don't think the Colts logo works - surely Broncos aren't the only horses allowed to be high-spirited.

My friend sent me a link of this short Youtube video. It is from a 1959 promo/ad, sponsored by Marlboro, and features a map of the US with animated mascots for each of the teams in the then-12 team NFL (including the Chicago Cardinals).

What a hoot!!

redskin.jpg

Enjoy!!

"And remember -- the better the makin's, the better the smokes!"

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

the steelers and browns didnt really make much sense....and the colts one works better for the broncos

Why doesn't the Browns one make sense? It's a Brownie.

I'm also not sure why you don't think the Colts logo works - surely Broncos aren't the only horses allowed to be high-spirited.

That plus the fact that the Denver Broncos didn't exist yet...

nav-logo.png

So what is the 49er precisely? A hillbilly?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a hoot!!

redskin.jpg

Enjoy!!

I love the Packer with the meat cleaver. Probably getting ready to slice up some Bear meat. I'm still mad a Chris Schenkel. He was the play-by-play man for the NY Giants in those days. As a Browns fan I hate all things Giant. Except that I actually know Tom Coughlin. We used to outfit the football team at Rochester Institue of Technology when he was their head coach. Tom came into our store many times.

I seem to remember back in the mid-late 80s I think it was a one-year thing for a certain affiliate but they'd start their pre-game show by going through representations of the teams. I remember dolphins swimming in Biscane Bay and lightning over a skyline of downtown San Diego, F-16s soaring between skyscrapers in NYC, broncos running free, etc. Does anyone else remember this at all? I've been searching for the video but haven't ever found it.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I love the Packer with the meat cleaver. Probably getting ready to slice up some Bear meat.

My first thought when I saw that was ?they sent the wrong Chicago mascot up to Wisconsin.?

BTW, how weird is it that for almost a whole decade, Chicago held down two teams when New York only had one?

I seem to remember back in the mid-late 80s I think it was a one-year thing for a certain affiliate but they'd start their pre-game show by going through representations of the teams. I remember dolphins swimming in Biscane Bay and lightning over a skyline of downtown San Diego, F-16s soaring between skyscrapers in NYC, broncos running free, etc. Does anyone else remember this at all? I've been searching for the video but haven't ever found it.

I grew up in the late 80s/early 90s and had coloring books from NFL properties called "Huddles"... they had adorable cartoony versions of every mascot both animal and human. They were like cute stuffed animals wearing helmets... I wish I still had this so I could scan it...

Am I the only one who remembers the Huddles?

Archived