Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

(Perhaps I'm arguing semantics, but it's the same way that I argue that USL-1 is a second division, not a minor league, and to me that's an important distinction.)

Interesting. What exactly is the distinction between the two, especially as it relates to USL-1? What distinguishes a lower division from a minor league?

In my mind, a lower division is by definition a minor league.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I think "minor league," I think of the baseball system. Teams affiliated directly with teams further up/down the ladder, and in many cases owned within an entity. Minor league teams generally simply as a developmental feeder system.

I don't think many people would call the Championship a minor league, so why would USL-1 be considered that? If MLS is a minor league, is the Eredivisie also a minor league?

(Hm, perhaps this should become its own topic elsewhere.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Maybe it should.

Feeder is part of being minor league, but there are lots of independent leagues in the US that don't feed - the Northern League, the Golden League, etc. While not part of the Minors (capital M, copyrighted), I'd call them minor leagues.

Then, there are the clubs like Colorado, Real Salt Lake, and especially Chivas, which are affiliated in various fashions with a larger club in a larger league. That tells me about the relative level of MLS in the world.

FWIW, I do call the Championship a minor league. Maybe I'm alone in that, maybe not. There are clubs in the Eredivisie that can hold their own with any in the world - MLS can't say that. Maybe one day it will be a major league, but it sure as heck isn't there yet.

So it's really an arbitrary label then? In any official capacity, the Premier League, MLS, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Championnat de Tunisie, Primera Divisió d'Andorra.... all those leagues, and many more, are first division leagues in their respective countries.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

MLS Rumors Assumes that it will be FED Ex if its proven to be a parcel service. I agree that the purple and orange would look terrible w/ the hoops, but a DHL Logo on the other hand might not look so bad. If True, I think we can safely rule out the Brown.

Comparison

I wouldn't rule out a scenario in which FedEx alters its colors to match the kit, like what Best Buy did with Chicago.

So it's really an arbitrary label then? In any official capacity, the Premier League, MLS, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Championnat de Tunisie, Primera Divisió d'Andorra.... all those leagues, and many more, are first division leagues in their respective countries.

I didn't say it was completely arbitrary, but if you want to bring "parent clubs" into it, MLS is minor league.

The top division in the United States, but still major league.

back on track, the inter milan home has been leaked

inter_milan_08_09_nike_home_shirt.jpg

YUCK

this one isn't too great Nike, especially compared to taht photoshop job I posted a couple pages back

I don't know, I think a lot will depend on the type face they use. If the type looks nice, this could be a nice, clean, simple jersey.

FC Dallas/FedEx

if thats the company - the club and sponsor (colors) are made for each other !

would be nice if true, but that site is one of the least reliable sites about MLS...

so I believe it when I see it...

The same thing was said when they leaked the dc united/vw sponsorship. i dont see DHL being a sponsor. from what i hear, theyre pretty cheap, only hiring temps so not to pay benefits. could be BS. i see FedEx doing it more than UPS. maybe when theres a brown team in the MLS, but not Dallas. I'd bet anything it'll be FedEx.

they also are primary sponsors on Penske Racing's LMP2 Porsche RS Spyder racers in the American Le Mans Series. Bright yellow with a bit of red.

the only bad thing about the Inter kit is the gold sponsor logo. I don't see why people liked the photoshopped jersey that was primarily black, when I think Inter I think blue and black stripes, and those need to be equally sized. Or at least relatively equally sized.

the Nike swoosh and Inter crest look a bit close together, though, with the scudetto in the middle it might be a tight squeeze.

harperdc.gif

Napoli kits, pretty solid actually. Nicely executed diadora.

080708_ritiro_presentazione_maglia_01_news.jpg

Crap picture, but here's the Rangers away. Russia anyone?

8zeez4.jpg

Rangers third, this template has been being used a lot lately (the two vertical stripes going down some point on the jersey)

87347647zb4hu9.jpg

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Rapids wearing their new third kit last night against Tigres.

20080709__20080710_C06_SP10SOCFRIENDLY~p1.JPG

McManus%20Tecate%20Cup.jpg

81886133.jpg

81886129.jpg

81886128.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

http://www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.u...1340848,00.html

Here are Nottingham Forest's new jerseys. The two stars and writing around the badge commemorate the 30th anniversary of Forest's back to back European Cups. While the new Capitol One logo looks terrible, I love the nods to Forest's glorious past.

I love the writing inside the shirt, but Forest really has to do something about that horrible grade-school crest.

I"m surprised that they haven't tried to go all Lord of the Rings by now....

Archived