NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Yeah, people here in the city and the Thrashers fan "nation" love it. But I'm beginning to realize that outside of us Thrashers fans, the opinion is that our uniforms, especially the home, are ugly as :censored:. If that jersey comes to fruition, people are probably gonna love it as well, just because it's ugliER than what the Thrashers already have. Thus continuing a beautiful cycle. :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on a rumor I heard from a fairly knowledgeable source, new third jerseys (worn 10 games) will be dark red as the main color. The front will have Thrashers spelled out in a slight arc with the secondary logo as the T. The center of the front will have the player's number under the Thrasher team name. The sleeves will have angular sections of white with the two different logos on opposing sleeves.

I don't think the final product will be pleasing to the eye. It could just be a maroon version of their away uni with white arms and a script for a logo. It could look good with the description above, but I'm in fact quite certain that it won't.

Since its the Habs 100th season they will probably wear a bunch of there vintage uniforms.

When is this "new alternate" going to be introduced for Team Canada?

The next worlds? Since they had the throwback this year, it is considered the "third" so when it isn't being worn anymore, it will have something new to take its place.

I can see the Habs wearing 4 jerseys... they will sell off most of them like hot cakes!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I had heard World Juniors... and brace yourselves, it's not black.

Could you describe it a little more?

Like is it similar to the current set, same logos etc.?

For some reason I have a feeling it will have a lot of blue, either powder or dark blue... and a script saying "Canada".

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

For some reason I have a feeling it will have a lot of blue, either powder or dark blue... and a script saying "Canada".

And I blame the Tories. (not really, but it's fun to blame politicians for all of the world's problems)

Here's a more fruitful explanation:

RCAFFlyers4.jpg<---RCAF Flyers throwback jerseys

thecatch.jpg

And I blame the Tories. (not really, but it's fun to blame politicians for all of the world's problems)

Here's a more fruitful explanation:

RCAFFlyers4.jpg<---RCAF Flyers throwback jerseys

As much as I'd love to see those, I don't think they will be it.. but it could be based on that design.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I love Canadas new uniforms but I have one problem with them...they need to put the alternate logo where it belongs, on the shoulder and put the number between the stripes. I hate seeing the little alternate logo in between the stripes. Also, add a gold outline to the numbers, they seem very plain and dont stick out much. Even add a gold outline around the white stripes, they try to incorporate as much as they can so this would be a nice little addition.

Can anyone confirm that these unis will be the 2010 Olympic unis?

I can now confirm the Canadiens will have numerous third jerseys next season... also a bran new third for team canada a the worlds...

So....brown?

With raisins?

Ugliness aside, that could be one of the tastiest uniforms yet.

I can now confirm the Canadiens will have numerous third jerseys next season... also a bran new third for team canada a the worlds...

So basically this, this, this, this, this, and that.

It's a shame you did not bring a source in your post nor did you even mention where this idea came from. It's too bad because your idea or whoever idea it was is in fact, a great idea. The variations would be a great way to celebrate this anniversary from many historic perspectives. We would also see the on and off return of brown shorts for the first time in 80 years and who knew we would see the globe once again.

So basically this, this, this, this, this, and that.

It's a shame you did not bring a source in your post nor did you even mention where this idea came from. It's too bad because your idea or whoever idea it was is in fact, a great idea. The variations would be a great way to celebrate this anniversary from many historic perspectives. We would also see the on and off return of brown shorts for the first time in 80 years and who knew we would see the globe once again.

Am I missing a joke? Because I don't see them using brown shorts.

Hi, how are you?

Archived