NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

well Im hoping that the alternate jerseys are something more than just a home jersey with the secondary color switching places with the primary color and the alternate logo on the crest and the primary on the shoulders.

that seems to be what every concept on this community illustrates

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well Im hoping that the alternate jerseys are something more than just a home jersey with the secondary color switching places with the primary color and the alternate logo on the crest and the primary on the shoulders.

Can you say Orange alt.?

:P

Hi, how are you?

Now, ON topic...

I really don't like the W logo as a main crest for the Caps. I actually don't like it even being in their package, because while it is a pretty cool work, it just doesn't go with their identity. I think that a blue jersey (in their current style), with red and even a little gold trim would work better. Blue and gold are typically associated with special events, distinctions, or ceremonies in our nation's history, so I think that a more "formal" looking uniform would be appropriate as a "special occasion" alt.

Are you talking gold as in what the Ducks use or gold as in what the Capitals used to use?

I think the old style bronze or whatever it was called would look amazing with that shade of blue. Although I am not sure red would mix well with it...

And yes, I'll take what you said into consideration, I didn't realize I was coming across like that. It just sometimes sucks when you add something and don't get the kind of recognition other people get for contributing similar information. It can get to you after awhile and maybe that is why I have acted that way. I'll try to watch out for it.

I guess I was thinking more like the gold they used to use, but yeah, it may not look great up against the red. Maybe something like what the Washington Nats use, since that works against both red and blue. I'm assuming it's a different shade of gold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now, ON topic...

I really don't like the W logo as a main crest for the Caps. I actually don't like it even being in their package, because while it is a pretty cool work, it just doesn't go with their identity. I think that a blue jersey (in their current style), with red and even a little gold trim would work better. Blue and gold are typically associated with special events, distinctions, or ceremonies in our nation's history, so I think that a more "formal" looking uniform would be appropriate as a "special occasion" alt.

Are you talking gold as in what the Ducks use or gold as in what the Capitals used to use?

I think the old style bronze or whatever it was called would look amazing with that shade of blue. Although I am not sure red would mix well with it...

And yes, I'll take what you said into consideration, I didn't realize I was coming across like that. It just sometimes sucks when you add something and don't get the kind of recognition other people get for contributing similar information. It can get to you after awhile and maybe that is why I have acted that way. I'll try to watch out for it.

I guess I was thinking more like the gold they used to use, but yeah, it may not look great up against the red. Maybe something like what the Washington Nats use, since that works against both red and blue. I'm assuming it's a different shade of gold.

I'm not going to lie... I'm picturing a blue jersey with the Capitals logo all in the Nat's gold colour... with gold piping on the arms and the sleve patches being stars that are either red outlined with a gold centre or vice versa or gold outlined with white inside. Maybe I fell on my head this morning but in my mind this jersey looks fantastic!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There you go <_<

p623142reg.jpg

sans lace collar.

I thought that there WASN'T going to be a lace-up collar but it was something someone wanted to see on it...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There you go <_<

p623142reg.jpg

sans lace collar.

I thought that there WASN'T going to be a lace-up collar but it was something someone wanted to see on it...

Ah, I forgot to read the updated first page. Well, that sucks.

No worries. You just had me confused for a second as to what was going on, lol.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Can you say Orange alt.?

isn't that what the flyers are going with?

hey, you didn't specify what team you were talking about ^_^

Can you say Orange alt.?

isn't that what the flyers are going with?

hey, you didn't specify what team you were talking about ^_^

He didn't say it had to be for just one team. ;)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

RBK and the NHL to break all ties at the end of THIS SEASON????

The guy from ToL just posted this on his site. I do not know where the seed of this idea got planted, but if I didn't post this, someone else would have probably done it. Could it be true? If they are dumped, I think the fans did their part, by not bying Oilers or Avs edge jerseys.

I was asked not to write about this, but I can't do that to you guys. As NHL fans, you have the right to know. I've been told the league will be dropping the Rbk EDGE uniforms entirely next season and is cutting all ties with Reebok. Naturally, this news comes as quite a shock considering all the time and money that was put into the project in the first place. My Reebok rep called it a "failed experiment" and said the split with the NHL was "best for both parties."

The continuation of the story here.

RBK and the NHL to break all ties at the end of THIS SEASON????

The guy from ToL just posted this on his site. I do not know where the seed of this idea got planted, but if I wasn't posting this, someone else would have done it. Could it be true? If they are dumped, I think the fans did their part, by not bying Oilers or Avs edge jerseys.

I was asked not to write about this, but I can't do that to you guys. As NHL fans, you have the right to know. I've been told the league will be dropping the Rbk EDGE uniforms entirely next season and is cutting all ties with Reebok. Naturally, this news comes as quite a shock considering all the time and money that was put into the project in the first place. My Reebok rep called it a "failed experiment" and said the split with the NHL was "best for both parties."

Pah-raiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee April Fools day!

Sorry for ruining this, I just have a feeling there will be a lot of people taking this as truth... knowing some of the people out there who roam the interweb... I don't want to deal with people claiming this as truth, lol. Too many holes exist in that story as well... what would Crosby do with his big ass contract with RBK and all those other players who use their equipment?

(I think I am looking too much into this...)

Yes I know I'm a bit of a buzz kill.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Ah :censored: I forgot april fool's day was today.

Haha, no worries man. It is pretty funny. I found the rest of the article and got a few laughs from it.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rbk EDGE Being Dumped!

As you know, I hate to post rumor and gossip. I prefer actual facts to back up my information so naturally I was unsure about posting this at all. But since I started this blog, I've made contacts with a lot of great people inside the NHL and Reebok. (Honestly, how do you think I was able to get much of the information I did over the summer?)

What might be most surprising is the league is discussing redesigning all 30 uniforms once again! (Like once wasn't enough.) A new deal is still being worked out, but right now it appears league commissioner Gary Bettman would consider having the folks at Bravo TV series Project Runway design the new sweaters in one of next season's new episodes. Manufacturing would then be handled by Nike, believe it or not.

My source (who I unfortunately can't name due to legal issues) inside the league says Bettman is "delighted" at the prospect of getting the league this sort of national television recognition. I'm tempted to take him at his word as that sounds just like Bettman to me. Not surprisingly, this is going to make the NHL look like a complete joke on the national stage.

Personally, I really think they should have just stuck it out for at least one more season. Sure, the Rbk EDGE system had its issues, but so do most new things. On the other hand, the prospect of new uniform designs is kind of exciting. But we just went through it last year. This is just overkill and rather annoying.

Finally, I just wanted to take the time to thank you guys for continuing to visit the blog. Without you, I certainly wouldn't be where I am. News regarding these uniform changes will supposedly start trickling out as the playoffs wind down. Looks like we'll be doing the uniform re-design watch for yet another summer.

I'll post more information on this as I get it.

And Oakland, nice try changing your responce. I saw what it was originally. :P

It totallllly got ya!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I really wish the Lightning would use their shoulder patch as a third jersey logo.

It's such a cool logo and is rarely used, but would be much much better than Bolts written on it.

The Lightning have a logo where it is just a circle with a bolt through it - no wang in the background. It is a very nice looking logo, although it looks a little too much like this...

800px-British_Union_of_Fascists_flag.ant.svg.png

Which, let me tell you, is not a good thing. I don't think the people who support the Lightning will want to be mistaken as being supporters of the British Union of Fascists...

Although, it would be cool to see the Lightning's new slogan being "action through unity."

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived