NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats been the Edmonton Journal's picture forever, it's not a picture of the actual third jersey, although that is exactly what it will look like as has already been said.

There will be NO lace though.

those look like laces to me.

307381509.jpg

Thats been the Edmonton Journal's picture forever, it's not a picture of the actual third jersey, although that is exactly what it will look like as has already been said.

I think it is an artists rendition. It would be so stupid if for some reason it came out with laces. It would be like slappin laces on the retro flyers 3rd... it makes no sense!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not sure if it was mentioned recently since the site's been down for a while, but it was confirmed a few weeks ago that the Flyers' alternates will be orange and resemble the 70s ones...

000305837.jpg

Not sure if it was mentioned recently since the site's been down for a while, but it was confirmed a few weeks ago that the Flyers' alternates will be orange and resemble the 70s ones...

000305837.jpg

if you scroll back a few pages you will see some cell phone pics of it. its been floating around for about a month or more now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't care what it looks like in that picture, the Oilers 3rd jersey will be vintage WITHOUT laces. Copy and paste this and leave it on your clipboard until September or later.

I'm betting it'll either be a modernized version of the Gretzky-era Kings logo, or since everyone likes going throwback these days, a throwback version of the Dionne-era yellow and purples.

Either look will be very cool. I know many will hate a yellow and purple uniform but it might look pretty sharp if done correctly. I think the Gretzky era jerseys would be better though. I'm a big fan of the black and silver.

I like how teams are going throwback or getting "modern classic" jerseys.

I'd like for the Kings to Go with Purple and Gold, just because it's classic and there's too much black in the league. I don't see it happenning though anywhere but in my fantasies. The reason they went with purple and yellow in 67 is because they wanted to somewhat connect themselves to the then NBA champions, the LA Lakers. Not because they were sure it would sell like hotcakes. Just like how the Penguins dropped baby blue when the Pirates and Steelers both won their respective Championships. For it to be a marketable color combination, they have to look more like the Manchester Monarchs for it to have half a chance at selling. I'd like to see something other than the Gretzky era colors though, I'm hoping the designers will blow me away with something that I haven't thought about. ^_^

This is a rumor someone posted over at the Atlanta Thrashers forums:

Based on a rumor I heard from a fairly knowledgeable source, new third jerseys (worn 10 games) will be dark red as the main color. The front will have Thrashers spelled out in a slight arc with the secondary logo as the T. The center of the front will have the player's number under the Thrasher team name. The sleeves will have angular sections of white with the two different logos on opposing sleeves.

Hopefully it isn't true. Just wanted to share. I don't understand the part about 2 different logos on opposing sleeves though.

Interesting. I'm guessing these will be the logos on the shoulders.

17.gif and 14.gif

The jersey would have all three of the Thrashers logos on them.

I'm guessing it's just going to be only one of those. Judging by the rumour I think it means that the logos will be mirrored images so they're both facing towards the front of the player.

Based on a rumor I heard from a fairly knowledgeable source, new third jerseys (worn 10 games) will be dark red as the main color. The front will have Thrashers spelled out in a slight arc with the secondary logo as the T. The center of the front will have the player's number under the Thrasher team name. The sleeves will have angular sections of white with the two different logos on opposing sleeves.

Hopefully it isn't true. Just wanted to share. I don't understand the part about 2 different logos on opposing sleeves though.

If this is true, then the Thrashers are going to continue their reputation as the ugliest team in the NHL.

Hurray for getting rid of EDGE! illiteracy!

Yeah.

Yeah, my post had nothing to do with the April Fools joke, as I am not stupid. Moron.

I was just hoping they will not be used, because they suck.

Relax, dude, the way you said it made it look like you were referring to the April Fools joke. Needed a smiley or somethin. And for the love of god, please resize your sig.

If this is true, then the Thrashers are going to continue their reputation as the ugliest team in the NHL.

Agreed, it's funny though: I posted my latest Thrashers concept on their message boards, one that included blending the away template into the home and away jerseys. Thrashers fans seemed to really want the home template used for both, though. Atlanta likes it's one-shouldered template.

Archived