NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

You know what...the pens shoulda done that. I always thought that gold would look terrible as a main color but now, I like it.

This isn't close to what the Sens will be wearing. The gold is a brighter shade with more black on the sides of the jersey. The font is also diferent and "SENS" appears on the front.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something to note at stars.nhl.tv they had this logo

Stars-2.jpg

I have never seen the organization use this logo before, maybe this jersey isn't so unrealistic.

STARSREDO2.png

The Stars jerseys have really grown on my and I really like the idea of just having a green version of the white jersey.

NBC has been using the white star logo all season long in their graphics, so take that however you wish.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

You know what...the pens shoulda done that. I always thought that gold would look terrible as a main color but now, I like it.

This isn't close to what the Sens will be wearing. The gold is a brighter shade with more black on the sides of the jersey. The font is also diferent and "SENS" appears on the front.

Another lucky man here. So the gold is the same color as the previous Bruins Pooh-Bear?

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

How did you find that out? Especially considering you live in Hamilton/ St. Catharines :P

Hi, how are you?

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

It says "SENS" on it? God, that's worse than the Arizona Diamondbacks "D-backs" jerseys.

Something to note at stars.nhl.tv they had this logo

Stars-2.jpg

I have never seen the organization use this logo before, maybe this jersey isn't so unrealistic.

STARSREDO2.png

The Stars jerseys have really grown on my and I really like the idea of just having a green version of the white jersey.

the stars jerseys wouldn't bother me except:

1. 'stars word mark' and front number

2. black jersey with no trace of green.

3. white jersey with front numbers.

4. mini stripe at the hem

all this could be corrected if they

A)ditched the black jersey and used a green one with gold-white-black as the stripes

B)used a logo on the front instead of looking like a college team.

C)put the stripes on the arm at the hem, maybe curve them to flow with the jersey.

D)ditching all traces of front numbers. (this would improve half the teams in the league)

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

I know, the gold there is closer to the pens gold. Which is why I say that had they used a jersey like the one pictured, maybe with Pittsburgh written diagonally, they woulda had a surprisingly sharp thrid.

oBIgzrL.png

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Did you find this out from just a general "RBK 08/09 Alternate Jersey specs sheet" or is there a more specific name to it? Because I can probably go look at it (MAYBE snag a pic) but I need to know what it is I am looking for.

P.S. - Are people REALLY seeing these jerseys or are they just going with what they read off of nhllogos.blogspot.net or even the HFboards? I'm beginning to think most people are just repeating what they read somewhere else.

Eh's I'd believe as he has been pretty good with this info before, same with Logohound if he posts anything about this stuff as he was good for info before during the spring/summer. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but this is just the vibe I'm beginning to pick up around here. More hearsay than actual fact.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Did you find this out from just a general "RBK 08/09 Alternate Jersey specs sheet" or is there a more specific name to it? Because I can probably go look at it (MAYBE snag a pic) but I need to know what it is I am looking for.

P.S. - Are people REALLY seeing these jerseys or are they just going with what they read off of nhllogos.blogspot.net or even the HFboards? I'm beginning to think most people are just repeating what they read somewhere else.

Eh's I'd believe as he has been pretty good with this info before, same with Logohound if he posts anything about this stuff as he was good for info before during the spring/summer. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but this is just the vibe I'm beginning to pick up around here. More hearsay than actual fact.

I had a copy of the sheet...long story how I got it from the RBK rep...and somehow misplaced it!

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

I had a copy of the sheet...long story how I got it from the RBK rep...and somehow misplaced it!

How convenient.

I have time you can go ahead and tell your story. <_<

Hi, how are you?

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

How convenient.

I have time you can go ahead and tell your story. <_<

Why not wait and see if he's right before calling him out?

This isn't like the "transparent side-panels" fiasco.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I personally only half believe anything I hear from anyone on here - even credible people. I only half believe what I've said and seen about the jerseys next year, because nothing is ever set in stone this far before the season.

I personally only half believe anything I hear from anyone on here - even credible people. I only half believe what I've said and seen about the jerseys next year, because nothing is ever set in stone this far before the season.

Fair enough. Since I now have more of a chance to "hear" from people who have seen or heard things from RBK I take their word more. While I posted on here that Calgary and Pittsburgh were "modifying" their logos, I was half right as I was told a change was happening, but it ended up being that they dropped their alt logos and got new ones - Pitts has the 250 logo and Calgary the flag of Alberta and the Canadian flag. Keep in mind I was right about the Leafs jersey as I never saw it but learned what it would look like. While I didn't mention it till later and kept telling all others who were speculating what it was going to look like, and how it wasn't going to look either. I ended up being dead on with the info I got and I plan on going back to them to try and find out more about these third jerseys. If there is anything worth adding I'll add it, otherwise, I'll just try to support what I have read here. It is tricky because people trust you to see these things sometimes and you don't want to betray their trust.

Things do change. If only the Edge concepts that were designed 2 years ago got made... oh boy, the backlash they see now is nothing compared to what it could have been. A Red Wings jersey with a black outlined and "3Ded" wings logo, with reflective piping on the jersey. Now THAT would have been something...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Blues3rd.jpg

Who owned the Blues back then, Nickelodeon?

that wouldn't bother me so much if it was just a fashion jersey sold at wal-mart. But it being an almost alternate makes me wonder if the ownership was on lsd.

After seeing what they did to our jersey this year im not looking forward to seeing the Blues' 3rd jerseys next year.

Things do change. If only the Edge concepts that were designed 2 years ago got made... oh boy, the backlash they see now is nothing compared to what it could have been. A Red Wings jersey with a black outlined and "3Ded" wings logo, with reflective piping on the jersey. Now THAT would have been something...

i'm not a huge NHL jerseys follower, so i haven't heard of these yet. is there anywhere that we can see the edge concepts designed 2 years ago? or maybe just somebody with descriptions of them? i'd like to know how crazy they wanted to go.

Blues3rd.jpg

Who owned the Blues back then, Nickelodeon?

that wouldn't bother me so much if it was just a fashion jersey sold at wal-mart. But it being an almost alternate makes me wonder if the ownership was on lsd.

After seeing what they did to our jersey this year im not looking forward to seeing the Blues' 3rd jerseys next year.

they'll be horrible but don't worry blues homers will give thumbs up to it even it if it resembles that monstrocity. :P

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i'm not a huge NHL jerseys follower, so i haven't heard of these yet. is there anywhere that we can see the edge concepts designed 2 years ago? or maybe just somebody with descriptions of them? i'd like to know how crazy they wanted to go.

I didn't see any pictures, just read the description from a Toronto Star article 2 years ago. It gave the Red Wings as an example of what almost happened coming out of the lockout. I can't remember what the rest of the article was about, but that description has stuck in my mind for a long time. Although, the more I think of it... it sounds like a description of one of the practice jerseys... :wacko:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived