NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

imageLoader.gif

imageLoader2.gif

Just to nip this one in the bud so there's no confusion, these logos are several years old. I think these are both from around 2000 or so.

I don't know anything more about these logos. I wish I did. All I do know is that these designs are not something we can expect to see on any new jerseys.

oh thank god, because tampa logo is awful - toledo storm, ms word clip art awful.

Can't be as bad as the clip art they used to have from Windows 95.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CapitalsNeverWorn.gif

They already attempted to bring back red, white and blue in 2001. I'm glad they waited a little longer.

Just a failed concept, nothing more, nothing less.

I think this was closer to reality than "failed concept". It was designed by Tommy Hilfiger.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Crappy pics of the Flyer's 3rd:

IMAGE_036.jpg

IMAGE_035.jpg

That... looks pretty effin awesome!

There seems to be something on the left shoulder....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There seems to be something on the left shoulder....

A number maybe? Possibly 12?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Crappy pics of the Flyer's 3rd:

IMAGE_036.jpg

IMAGE_035.jpg

not bad. nameplate is a bit concerning. I just wish instead of adding a solid horizontal stripe, they would contour the stripe to match the cut.

I think the Flyers used a nameplate like that back in the 70's. I thought it was used before they had names on the back of the sweaters for TV purposes.

Flyers3.gif

Though NHLUniforms doesn't list it, I swear I've seen pics of the Broad Street Bullies with those goofy white nameplates.

EDIT: Here we go. Mitchell and Ness lists this as '75, making it the Cup-winning look.

HSPF75R16_W.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Flyers3.gif

Though NHLUniforms doesn't list it, I swear I've seen pics of the Broad Street Bullies with those goofy white nameplates.

EDIT: Here we go. Mitchell and Ness lists this as '75, making it the Cup-winning look.

HSPF75R16_W.jpg

It's my understanding that in the early or mid 70s teams would temporarily add "TV nameplates" for games broadcast nationally in the US - either adding names for teams that normally didn't wear them or to improve contrast / visibility of the player names for teams with certain uniform colour combinations (like the Flyers white on orange in your nhluniforms example). I don't know how many other teams used the white plate on their dark uni, but I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of Atlanta with them.

Regardless of any of that, all it does here is make the new Flyers alt. look like a weird eBay knockoff.

Archived