March Madness Jersey Sigs

robbman21

Hey, I know it's on your to-do list, but can I still make a request for the 2002 Maryland Terrapins?

#3 - Juan Dixon

#35 - Lonny Baxter

#54 - Chris Wilcox

#1 - Byron Mouton

#25 - Steve Blake

#12 - Drew Nicholas

#45 - Tahj Holden

#33 - Ryan Randle

#10 - Andre Collins

#5 - Calvin McCall

#21 - Mike Grinnon

#4 - Earl Badu

(Last four aren't that important, though)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes a KU Jayhawks National Champions 2008 Banner Please -

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Dugan Fife wasn't on the 91-92 UM team.

I think for the 91-92 and 92-93 Michigan Team you should have: 3 Pelinka, 4 Webber, 5 Rose, 14 Talley, 21 Jackson, 24 King, 25 Howard, 32 Voskuil, 42 Riley.

I wouldn't put Dugan Fife on the 92-93 team as he barely played the whole season. I'd add Michael Talley to both years.

For the 92-93 North Carolina team, I'd get rid of 55 Matt Wenstrom as he barely played and replace him with 5 Henrik Rödl.

Did Roger Crawford even play for Arkansas' 1994-95 team?

The 2000 Tarheels Final four, Brendan Haywood was #00 and not #0. I'd put either 11 Michael Brooker or 32 Orlando Melendez before this #44 Johnson walk-on.

Nice effort on the 1996 Kentucky denim Converse uniforms.

Could you do one with the whole Michigan roster from 91-92 and 92-92 if possible?

91-92

4 Webber

5 Rose

21 Jackson

24 King

25 Howard

42 Riley

32 Voskuil

3 Pelinka

14 Talley

31 Hunter

23 Taylor

22 Bossard

34 Seter

43 Armer

40 Mitchell

44 McIver

92-93

4 Webber

5 Rose

21 Jackson

24 King

25 Howard

42 Riley

3 Pelinka

32 Voskuil

14 Talley

11 Fife

41 Derricks

22 Bossard

23 Dobbins

44 Fields

These are so great!!!!! Thank you.

NikeTalk.gif

Dugan Fife wasn't on the 91-92 UM team.

I think for the 91-92 and 92-93 Michigan Team you should have: 3 Pelinka, 4 Webber, 5 Rose, 14 Talley, 21 Jackson, 24 King, 25 Howard, 32 Voskuil, 42 Riley.

I wouldn't put Dugan Fife on the 92-93 team as he barely played the whole season. I'd add Michael Talley to both years.

For the 92-93 North Carolina team, I'd get rid of 55 Matt Wenstrom as he barely played and replace him with 5 Henrik Rödl.

Did Roger Crawford even play for Arkansas' 1994-95 team?

The 2000 Tarheels Final four, Brendan Haywood was #00 and not #0. I'd put either 11 Michael Brooker or 32 Orlando Melendez before this #44 Johnson walk-on.

Nice effort on the 1996 Kentucky denim Converse uniforms.

Could you do one with the whole Michigan roster from 91-92 and 92-92 if possible?

91-92

4 Webber

5 Rose

21 Jackson

24 King

25 Howard

42 Riley

32 Voskuil

3 Pelinka

14 Talley

31 Hunter

23 Taylor

22 Bossard

34 Seter

43 Armer

40 Mitchell

44 McIver

92-93

4 Webber

5 Rose

21 Jackson

24 King

25 Howard

42 Riley

3 Pelinka

32 Voskuil

14 Talley

11 Fife

41 Derricks

22 Bossard

23 Dobbins

44 Fields

These are so great!!!!! Thank you.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their positive feedback and for their requests and I'm really looking forward to getting back to work on these as well as starting the NBA Playoffs Sig Series in the next couple of weeks. Here's an update on where everything stands: I just got my laptop back yesterday (the home to my Illustrator CS3) from the people whom my work had fix it (I objected to that because my best friend is the best computer guy I know) and guess what? They unessecarily reformatted the entire computer, reloaded XP, and there is NO ILLUSTRATOR!!!!! So now I have to spend the weekend reloading AI CS3 and checking to make sure my source files were at least saved. There is one particular series of templates that I've been working on for months and if they have'nt been restored I may just go burn the computer store down!! Okay, no, not really, but when I release those and you guys see the work I put into them you'll understand lol. At any rate hopefully by Saturday evening I'll be back to pumping out sigs and I can get to all the requests as well as the 2008 Final Four.

About Roger Crawford, no, he didn't play for the 1994-95 team and I did'nt even realize that until you pointed it out lol. Basically what I did with the Razorbacks '95 sig is just re-color the 1994 sig, and #21 Landis Williams - one of my all-time fave Hogs who broke a backboard in the final four that year - should be added, and I'll make that change when I'm back up and running.

As far as the Michigan sigs - and ALL of the early sigs in the series for that matter - I was scraping and scratching to get the rosters and mostly did it from memory since I couldn't find many sources online, especially for pre-2000 teams as the internet wasn't a source for news and information until the last 12 years or so. Finally I foundtwo REALLY good resources online not only for rosters but for stats as well, so I was able to see who the top 8-10 contributors were for each team in a given season. Then I used Getty Images and the all-new SI Vault to compare the rosters for accuracy as well as get multiple GOOD angles for reference photos to make the sigs as accurate as possible. As soon as I get back to work on these I'll make all the corrections and repost them. :grin:

98Falcons.png

• 3 years later...

I know this is a 4 year old thread, but it has some relevance now for the next couple of weeks, so if anyone finds their team thru the pages of this thread and wants to rep-ro-sent some March Madness, then here ya go.

98Falcons.png

Real interesting stuff, Robbman! It was cool going through this just now and seeing all the different uniforms that teams had. It looks like a lot of work researching too, so credit to you for that.

If only Notre Dame basketball ever did anything...

Thanks man! Honestly for some of those teams...St. John's and Marquette come to mind, it was REALLY hard to find a solid lineup with numbers, names, stats, etc, because the players are usually placed in the order of their contribution to the team, like Carmelo is first for Syracuse, Ewing was first for Georgetown...it was a lot of work but it was really fun putting all of these together because almost no two teams had the same template, and some teams thru the years had several changes like 'Cuse, UNC, and Kentucky.

98Falcons.png

I know a bunch of people who would want:

Indiana 2002 Runner-up

Butler 2010 Runner-up

Butler 2011 Runner-up

Thanks!

Quoted for truth.

I was born where you live. :-)

rATMcmK.png

I'd love to see a 1993-94 Final Four Florida Gator set. That was the first real run they ever had. Took two missed free throws by UConn to force OT, and Florida pulled it out to move to the final four and eventually lose to Duke.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• 11 months later...

On the eve of the Big Dance, I figured I'd give this a bump for my CCSLC brethren who want to represent during March Madness, and I'll do my very best to fill any an all requests this time!!

98Falcons.png

Archived