Ideas for NCAA basketball brackets

robnshell18

Here's a little exercise my buddies and I were thinking about. We filled out a bracket with our honest picks, we filled out brackets based on whose mascots could beat whose, and we filled out brackets based on whose colors were better. I was wondering if anyone else knew different ways to crack this nut?

Basically, I'm looking to see which way's more accurate (I'm liking the mascot, myself).

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Pure chalk is a good one. That, in case you weren't aware, is a bracket where every higher seed wins.

On the other end is the contraire bracket, in which you pick every lower seed to win.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Here are a few that popped into my head...

Which is a bigger party school (pick highest or lowest ranking)

Which of the two has hotter females on campus (pick highest ranking)

Which school has better celebrity alumni

Which coach has more experience

Which coach has more hair on his head

Which school has the better football team

I could make these up forever...I'll let everyone know how the "Picks based on hotter females on campus" turns out!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

ESPN had one that which one, if it was a beer, would you drink?

Definately not BYU...I would probably slam a few Purdue Boilermakers.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

True story.....Once a couple of my friends did a "mascot" bracket that had the Duke Blue Devil go to the Final Four. Then they learned that the "Blue Devil" was a French soldier and amended the bracket so they lost in the first round. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have yet to find a college that isn't a "party school"....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Liberty

Bob Jones University

BYU

Ave Maria University

At Liberty at least, you're 'not allowed' to drink, even if you're 21 and not on campus. No R-rated movies, either, unless it's Passion of the Christ. (For the record, I'm not making this up...I went to high school with a kid on the hockey team)

Liberty

Bob Jones University

BYU

Ave Maria University

Considering the number of married couples there, you aren't looking in the right places. Then again, they're married, so you may be right.

You put slips of paper in a hat, the number of which for each team is based on the opposing team's seeding. For instance, the #1 seed gets 16 pieces of paper, the #16 gets 1. The #2 gets 15, the #15 gets 2. Then you pick. You do this for each game, ditching the slips (obviously) after you pick that game. It's kind of a calculated randomness.

Liberty

Bob Jones University

BYU

Ave Maria University

At Liberty at least, you're 'not allowed' to drink, even if you're 21 and not on campus. No R-rated movies, either, unless it's Passion of the Christ. (For the record, I'm not making this up...I went to high school with a kid on the hockey team)

Same story with Bob Jones University. Students actually get demerits if found to own even a soundtrack to an R-Rated movie. Furthermore, female students aren't allowed to wear pants, just skirts. Not just skirts, but skirts that go down to the ankles. That's the way they roll.

Cornell....

I'm guessing you've never been to Cornell... I have... There are parties there... And they're fun... Plus, smart people go to Cornell.................................

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Cornell....

I'm guessing you've never been to Cornell... I have... There are parties there... And they're fun... Plus, smart people go to Cornell.................................

I'm a Yale guy, myself.....

Archived