2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee can go ahead and kiss their post season hopes goodbye if they're going to drop a critical series to the freaking Reds.

Meanwhile, the Cubs are three outs away from clinching their second straight NL Central crown. It was a 5-0 lead for the Northisders, but they are now clinging onto a 5-4 lead on St. Louis in the 8th.

6uXNWAo.png

CHICAGO CUBS - 2008 NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL CHAMPIONS

Be happy, Curty. That's the only damn thing the Cubs are going to win. That's right... NO NL Champions... NO World Series Champions. Trust me, you want to world to survive? Then HATE ON THE DAMN CUBBIES!

Cordero gives up a HR to Weeks then loads the bases for Prince Fielder and strikes him out. WOOOOO

Magic number for a playoff spot is down to 6 for the Mets and Phils

Mets are down 3-0 early at Atlanta

Question do the Braves fly a flag for the 1914 and 1957 teams?

Are the numbers 8, 10 and 30 still retired in Washington?

Its debatable if you want to count the Braves since its the same franchise name, but the Nats dont even keep the Expos retired numbers.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Its debatable if you want to count the Braves since its the same franchise name, but the Nats dont even keep the Expos retired numbers.

Aren't you the trivia guru? You should know the answers to these questions. :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Unless the Nationals released all their players and coaches before their first season in Washington the Montreal history counts towards something like this.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I know they don't have it as a banner, but they recognize both as championship seasons for the franchise.

Phillies hop back into first. Hopefully there won't be a back and forth thing here down the stretch although with the Brewers falling apart, it seems like they both will make the playoffs anyway.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Welcome to the post season Tampa Bay Rays!!! :P

So this leaves the Columbus Blue Jackets, Houston Texans, and Charlotte Bobcats as the only three teams in the "Big 4" never to reach their respective playoffs, right?

Cleveland Browns.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived