2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw the Dodgers pitcher Kershaw K Eric Bruntlett, and the sound-effects guy played the Pac Man dying noise. I don't think I've ever LOLd like that at over the failing of one of my team's players.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just saw the Dodgers pitcher Kershaw K Eric Bruntlett, and the sound-effects guy played the Pac Man dying noise. I don't think I've ever LOLd like that at over the failing of one of my team's players.

Yea I heard that too, what was that about anyway? Is Kershaw nicknamed "PacMan" or something? I don't even know.

espnsig.gif

I would be very happy with Micah joining the Reds.

I would definitely root for a Tulane alum on my favorite team.

I would be pleased with that acquisition as well. Especially because he has a better career average than Dunn.

I was doing homework today and as usual my mind was wandering and it hit me. The Ballpark the reds built so that guys like Griffey and Dunn could have a million home runs is now vacant of the two guys the designers had in mind. Just interesting.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Last night, both Texas and Boston's pitching staffs were pretty much similar to the old guy who has throwing those massive bombs that Josh Hamilton hit at the Home Run Derby,

Tonight... Well, at least one pitching staff returned to normal and it's not the Rangers. :P

Last night, both Texas and Boston's pitching staffs were pretty much similar to the old guy who has throwing those massive bombs that Josh Hamilton hit at the Home Run Derby,

Tonight... Well, at least one pitching staff returned to normal and it's not the Rangers. :P

Well, the Rangers have the worst ERA in the majors.

I saw, I came, I left.

I would be pleased with that acquisition as well. Especially because he has a better career average than Dunn.

I was doing homework today and as usual my mind was wandering and it hit me. The Ballpark the reds built so that guys like Griffey and Dunn could have a million home runs is now vacant of the two guys the designers had in mind. Just interesting.

You can thank Jim Bowden for that. Also go over the the Nats roster/farmsystem and see how many former Reds are there.

Here's the list (I saved you the effort).

Aaron Boone, Dmitri Young, Austin Kearns, Wily Mo Pena, Ryan Wagner, Charlie Manning (although he never played in the majors for the reds, he was acquired, with Brandon Claussen, from the Yankees for Aaron Boone), Pokey Reese, Ray Olmedo, Chris Booker (part of reds' farm system), William Bergolla, Lenny Harris (current Nats Hitting Coach) Tim Foli (current AAA Manager, former Reds third base coach), Jose Rijo, Bob Boone, and Barry Larkin in the Front Office. And Felipe Lopez and D'Angelo Jimenez were on the roster within the past year.

Maybe Ol' Leatherpants should change the Nationals' "W" logo to this

newwxx9.png

You can thank Jim Bowden for that. Also go over the the Nats roster/farmsystem and see how many former Reds are there.

Here's the list (I saved you the effort).

Aaron Boone, Dmitri Young, Austin Kearns, Wily Mo Pena, Ryan Wagner, Charlie Manning (although he never played in the majors for the reds, he was acquired, with Brandon Claussen, from the Yankees for Aaron Boone), Pokey Reese, Ray Olmedo, Chris Booker (part of reds' farm system), William Bergolla, Lenny Harris (current Nats Hitting Coach) Tim Foli (current AAA Manager, former Reds third base coach), Jose Rijo, Bob Boone, and Barry Larkin in the Front Office. And Felipe Lopez and D'Angelo Jimenez were on the roster within the past year.

Maybe Ol' Leatherpants should change the Nationals' "W" logo to this

newwxx9.png

I've noticed that too with the Nationals. I don't know what Jim Bowden's deal is. The only time he could win was when Marge Schott was actually giving him a big payroll. There was that little run in 99, but I give more credit to Jack Mckeon for that than Bowden.

and I've always thought it was dumb for the Reds to build a hitter's park. The Chicago Cubs have played in a hitters park for 100 years and have yet to win a world series in their stadium. It's been proven over and over that it is easier to win in a ballpark where you can attract quality pitchers. Pitchers simply don't want to sign with the Reds.

PvO6ZWJ.png

White Sox in first.

Twins in first.

White Sox in first.

Twins in first.

White Sox in first.

Is it gonna be this way for the next month+?

I wish my team were in that situation. :censored:ing losers.

White Sox in first.

Twins in first.

White Sox in first.

Twins in first.

White Sox in first.

Is it gonna be this way for the next month+?

I wish my team were in that situation. :censored:ing losers.

Eh, at least you still have a glimmer of hope, it can happen.

I see we are both on a Conchord kick, nice.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

So Tank, are we going to be seeing a rant about how the Nats lay down for everyone else but the Mets or were you just kidding all along because the Mets just swept the Nats...and held them scoreless for 17 straight innings over the course of the series...and outscored them by a mere 19 runs...

...and as a side note, the first game at Citifield will be SD @ NY on 4/14/09 and the first game at New Yankee Stadium will be CLE @ NY on 4/16/09.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived