2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

I know it wears him down, but the manager has to back his players, and I'm sure Yost wanted the no-hitter as a morale-booster.

However, he also has do do what's in the best interest of the team. Even if Sabathia doesn't resign in Milwaukee (then the dead arm becomes his next team's problem) if they tire him out before the playoffs the Brewers are sunk. Should Milwaukee be the wild card team they'll need CC ready for the playoffs and overusing him now could backfore mightly in the post-season.

However, if he's physically able and can keep it up into the playoffs then use away.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll comment on sabathia too really quick. It should be an error based on how good he is at fielding his position. Dude made a BARE HANDED snag on a ball hit up the middle, then doubled the runner off of first. At that point and time, it should have been ruled on. You can't go back and say "It was an error. You get a no hitter!" You need to pitch the 8th and 9th innings knowing you have a no-no. Knowing Sabathia... he would have given up the hit.

He is not the greatest pitcher under pressure or when amp'd up. Since joining the Brewers, hit weaker starts was the "Much Hyped" first game... Understandable. Then in a BIG game against the Cubs. He does wilt under pressuer. Look at his record when he pitched in "Hometown" Oakland. He never does well. The Play Off's last year was a struggle as well.

I think if the Brewers got him for this year, they need to be careful. They need him THIS YEAR for the Play Offs. Based on last years Play Off performance, they should just consider what they really need him for. Right now, they are letting him build up his resume for the off season. Brewers shouldn make sure he is 100% ready to go for the Play Offs.

Im sick of all this about Sabathia.

Ok, as a Pirates fan, I say get over it. You still have a freaking awesome pitcher. He still pitched a shutout, whether it was a no hitter or one hitter. And youre still in the wildcard with an awesome team. 3 things we havent had for 16 years.

The fact is, you also did it against the pirates. The pirates. You didnt do it against the cubs. You didnt do it against the rays. Throwing a no hitter against a team like the pirates when youre one of the best there is not as the acheivment everyone is making yesterdays game out to be. I bet if CC played yesterday's game 20 times over, he would get a no hitter at least 10 times. Yes. A no hitter is awesome, no matter the circumstances, but the team youre playing obviously plays a pretty large part in it, and playing a team that might as well have brooms as bats and be wearing blindfolds gives you a pretty good chance.

How does he feel getting a no hitter "taken away" from him? How about how Pirates fans feel, having the entire baseball world want our only hit in a game that, itself was a fluke, taken away?

I understand the controversey, and maybe it lasting until sometime last night, but there is no reason for sportscenter to be carrying this over to 10:30AM the next day. Yeah, it was a bull :censored: call, but they happen.

My how things have changed in baseball. One year ago how many of us would have used "you didn't do it against The Rays" as an argument against any accomplishment in baseball other than not getting a sweep?

BB52Big.jpg

Ok, as a Pirates fan, I say get over it. You still have a freaking awesome pitcher. He still pitched a shutout, whether it was a no hitter or one hitter. And youre still in the wildcard with an awesome team. 3 things we havent had for 16 years.

The fact is, you also did it against the pirates. The pirates. You didnt do it against the cubs. You didnt do it against the rays. Throwing a no hitter against a team like the pirates when youre one of the best there is not as the acheivment everyone is making yesterdays game out to be. I bet if CC played yesterday's game 20 times over, he would get a no hitter at least 10 times. Yes. A no hitter is awesome, no matter the circumstances, but the team youre playing obviously plays a pretty large part in it, and playing a team that might as well have brooms as bats and be wearing blindfolds gives you a pretty good chance.

How does he feel getting a no hitter "taken away" from him? How about how Pirates fans feel, having the entire baseball world want our only hit in a game that, itself was a fluke, taken away?

I understand the controversey, and maybe it lasting until sometime last night, but there is no reason for sportscenter to be carrying this over to 10:30AM the next day. Yeah, it was a bull :censored: call, but they happen.

ESPN: When the :censored: did the Pirates get fans?

:P

Ben Sheets was pinch hit for in the bottom of the 5th vs. the Mets today, up 1-0 having thrown only 54 pitches. One would think he's hurt...and that's not good for Milwaukee.

Honestly, it's more of a story when Sheets is healthy than when he gets injured.

Props to Cliff Lee on becoming baseball's first 20-game winner in 2008. Cy Young and Comeback Player of The Year.

And thanks for beating the White Sox.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I know it wears him down, but the manager has to back his players, and I'm sure Yost wanted the no-hitter as a morale-booster.

However, he also has do do what's in the best interest of the team. Even if Sabathia doesn't resign in Milwaukee (then the dead arm becomes his next team's problem) if they tire him out before the playoffs the Brewers are sunk. Should Milwaukee be the wild card team they'll need CC ready for the playoffs and overusing him now could backfore mightly in the post-season.

However, if he's physically able and can keep it up into the playoffs then use away.

I wouldn't bet on CC being able to keep this up with the amount of innings he has pitched so far. It's got to be tough for such a big guy to stay healthy while being used so much doesn't it?

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

No mention of last night's BiCycle yet? I'm not positive, but I'm doubting that's happened before.

Oh, and uh.....

krod.jpg

4 to go!

It was today's stumper

and the headline on

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And thanks for beating the White Sox.

:mad:

We'll get right back on that horse, don't you worry about it! :P I'm actually really excited to see the youngsters playing this month. We've got some talented guys coming up from Charlotte - Lance Broadway being my favorite. And also.......anyone want to take Swisher off our hands? :D

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

ESPN: When the :censored: did the Pirates get fans?

:P

Right after they said When the :censored: did Pittsburgh get a baseball team?

BB52Big.jpg

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

JUST ANOTHER ANGELS VICTORY!

Angels' Magic Number is now 7

Angels trail Rays by 0.5 games for AL Lead and Home-Field Advantage

K-Rod is 3 away from tying and 4 away from making history for single season saves.

untitled-5.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Will people (ESPN) please stop talking about the Yankees as if they're going to all of a sudden turn on the switch and make the playoffs? If they haven't done it now, it's not gonna happen.

Will people (ESPN) please stop talking about the Yankees as if they're going to all of a sudden turn on the switch and make the playoffs? If they haven't done it now, it's not gonna happen.

You could always do what I do nowadays; ignore ESPN when possible.

I'm right there with ya, Flame. The Yanks could throw in the towel by shutting down Joba and firing Girardi overnight, and ESPN would still go on and on about them making a possible run at the playoffs with that god-awful pitching staff and un-clutch hitting of theirs.

6uXNWAo.png

You could always do what I do nowadays; ignore ESPN when possible.

I've been trying to do that more often, at least since the Celtics won the championship :P I normally only watch College Football Live (which is actually a damn good show), the 6 o clock and 11 o clock SC. And everytime they start to get to baseball stuff, they come up with some convoluted way that the Yankees could make the playoffs. I think even the anchors are starting to think it's ridiculous, one guy was like "I think the Yanks need the Seahawks to beat the Browns and a whole lot of other stuff for the Yankees to make the playoffs now." So the anchors know it's stupid. I guess it's the producers.

Archived