2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

I see the Braves and Marlins decided to play football tonight

Damn, if the Braves had 1 more run we would have had the score from the super bowl.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And thanks for beating the White Sox.

:mad:

We'll get right back on that horse, don't you worry about it! :P I'm actually really excited to see the youngsters playing this month. We've got some talented guys coming up from Charlotte - Lance Broadway being my favorite. And also.......anyone want to take Swisher off our hands? :D

By the way, how do White Sox fans feel about that Jr. trade? You gave the Reds 2 prospects that could turn into real players, and Jr. just isn't even close to what he used to be. I was just wonderin' because if I were a Sox fan (shudder), I would be pretty disappointed in that trade.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Will people (ESPN) please stop talking about the Yankees as if they're going to all of a sudden turn on the switch and make the playoffs? If they haven't done it now, it's not gonna happen.

Ya ESPN if your gonna talk about the Yankees so much why not spend time talking about the Astros or the Blue Jays or the Tigers, huh? Exactly. The Yankees have no chance.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Will people (ESPN) please stop talking about the Yankees as if they're going to all of a sudden turn on the switch and make the playoffs? If they haven't done it now, it's not gonna happen.

Ya ESPN if your gonna talk about the Yankees so much why not spend time talking about the Astros or the Blue Jays or the Tigers, huh? Exactly. The Yankees have no chance.

Nobody in those markets watches ESPN.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I believe the FIRST Instant Replay is currently underway in the Yanks-Rays game. An ARod homer is being disputed.

and it goes in the Yanks' favor and is in the books as a two-run homer

Woah... Did A-Rod blast that one OVER the foul pole?? :blink:

Edit: Oh BTW, CC's one-hitter vs Pittsburgh stays a one-hitter.

6uXNWAo.png

Yanks have done well in the spoiler role, taking the first two from Tampa in Tampa. Helped that the Red Sox completely pulled a win out of their ass today. Good day, again... Red Sox win, Twins lose, Rays lose.

5 up in the wildcard, 3 back in the division. If they can keep it within 2 or 3 games going into their final home stand, they have a great shot at taking the division. Pedroia's making a strong case for MVP -- the man's been incredible lately... He's been hitting about .365 since May, if I did my math correctly.

IUe6Hvh.png

JUST ANOTHER ANGELS VICTORY!

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Angels beat Tigers, 7-1

Angels' Magic Number to clinch AL West is 6

Angels are now tied with the Rays for the AL lead. Pending tonight's Yanks/Rays game the Angels can finish the day either 1/2 game up or behind the Rays.... go yanks... ugh...

K-Rod is still 3 away from tieing and 4 from breaking the single season saves record

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

...Are we forgetting anything else? <_<

Alex-Gonzalez-2003-NLCS-Game-2-Home-Run-1-Photograph-C10125973.jpeg

ACubDugout.jpg

Marisa%20Miller%20Cubs%20Jersey.jpg

Since the losing streak continues, I'll go ahead and tack on one more...

mac1.jpg

Some have actually blamed him. The late Bernie Mac singing Take Me Out moments before the Cubs' colossal meltdown during Game 6 of the '03 NLCS.

6uXNWAo.png

...Are we forgetting anything else? <_<

Alex-Gonzalez-2003-NLCS-Game-2-Home-Run-1-Photograph-C10125973.jpeg

ACubDugout.jpg

Marisa%20Miller%20Cubs%20Jersey.jpg

Since the losing streak continues, I'll go ahead and tack on one more...

mac1.jpg

Some have actually blamed him. The late Bernie Mac singing Take Me Out moments before the Cubs' colossal meltdown during Game 6 of the '03 NLCS.

You Cubs fans sure like to pass the blame around. :lol:

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived