NEW HORNETS UNIS LOGO AND COLORS

BRYWHIT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea - there's got to be something in that set they can adopt.

St. Louis Rams, anyone?

Those unis were slated for '99, but they blew the deadline.

And they have been to the finals since. *whistles*

Yeah, but when I posted that we weren't talking about uniform changes and no more appearances, just uniform changes immediately after a championship.

I'll add another - Chelsea FC in London. They won their first league title in fifty years right after they unveiled a new logo, which they placed on all championship merchandise. Nothing from their championship actually bore the logo they wore during that season.

Course, Chelsea went on to win another title and looks like they'll pick up a Champions League crown as well....

hornets report

According to this thread the hornets will ditch the gold, use the " Fluer de bee" logo as primary, change teal to more blue and add pinstripes. Not a fan of pinstripes!

No big, but covered a couple of months ago in the "NBA Uniforms 2008-2009" changes thread....

NBA Uniforms 2008-2009

They should get word marks similar to the All-Star game jerseys. Maybe not that detailed, but similar.

It appears they may be doing so. Note that the font used on the championship banner below (which uses the fleur-de-bee, a good sign for the future) and a Playoffs 2008 header from the Hornets website are the same, are somewhat similar to the All-Star game logo, and also have more of an old New Orleans, French Quarter look to them:

Banner.JPGheader.jpg

GO HORNETS!!! :D

It is what it is.

hornets report

According to this thread the hornets will ditch the gold, use the " Fluer de bee" logo as primary, change teal to more blue and add pinstripes. Not a fan of pinstripes!

No big, but covered a couple of months ago in the "NBA Uniforms 2008-2009" changes thread....

NBA Uniforms 2008-2009

They should get word marks similar to the All-Star game jerseys. Maybe not that detailed, but similar.

It appears they may be doing so. Note that the font used on the championship banner below (which uses the fleur-de-bee, a good sign for the future) and a Playoffs 2008 header fromt he Hornets website are the same, are somewhat similar to the All-Star game logo, and also have more of an old New Orleans, French Quarter look to them:

Banner.JPGheader.jpg

I specifically like how they used "NOLA". That would be cool as an alternate jersey similar to how the suns have PHX.

NOLAbanner.jpg

Toward the end of this hornetsreport.com thread, Page 6, a poster implying insider info made this comment:

I'll let this bit of info go. Adidas is looking to implement a new style of uni in the NBA. If you watch alot of College BBall then I'm sure you've seen the new style of uniforms that Ohio State, North Carolina,Syracuse, and LSU wear. They are called System of Dress and the material is different and is a more form-fitting jersey. Well Adidas is looking to follow Nike and do the same thing in the NBA. They are picking four teams to spearhead the whole thing and our Hornets are definitely one of the teams picked. The new style supposedly helps with the sweating and also keeps opposing teams from getting a handful of jersey out there on the court. I think the Timberwolves, Nuggets, and Magic are the other squads picked but I don't know for sure. That doesn't mean those teams are changing uni's, they are just changing to that style of uni.

Has anyone here heard/know anything of this notion that Adidas will do 2008-09 NBA uniforms akin to Nike System Of Dress college unis? I usually like new & different, but I'm not sure what if any sport the Nike S.O.D.'s might suit. IMO it sure ain't basketball. In my finest Seinfeldese, "What's the deal with THAT? Who are the geniuses behind THIS?!? I mean HEY!". :blink:

Oh, yes: NO CC Forums Emoticon Limits! I mean HEY!! :P

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

jersey design companies: ruining sports, one league at a time.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The new style supposedly helps with the sweating

I'll bet it does, just like Adidas/Reebok's NHL EDGE jerseys "helped with the sweating" and helped pour it right into players' gloves and skates. Now, it'll just drip and puddle all over the court. NBA teams, get ready to hire more courtside towel and mop boys, because the prospect of 10 Patrick Ewings running up and down the hardwood is looming.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Despite what the poster on that other board said, the four teams he listed all are actually teams we've heard rumored as changing next year (3 complete overhauls and 1 road/ alt?), so it adds up. Perhaps adidas will phase it in as teams change and eventually switch those that don't if it's considered a success.

hornets report

NBA Uniforms 2008-2009

It appears they may be doing so. Note that the font used on the championship banner below (which uses the fleur-de-bee, a good sign for the future) and a Playoffs 2008 header fromt he Hornets website are the same, are somewhat similar to the All-Star game logo, and also have more of an old New Orleans, French Quarter look to them:

Banner.JPGheader.jpg

I specifically like how they used "NOLA". That would be cool as an alternate jersey similar to how the suns have PHX.

i hate how the suns have an alternate that has "PHX."

Archived