NEW HORNETS UNIS LOGO AND COLORS

BRYWHIT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hate how the suns have an alternate that has "PHX."

Yeah, but that's just an airport designation.

NOLA seems a more legitimate abbreviation, incorporating the initials of the city and the 2-digit state marker.

NOLA is used throughout the city (heck, my friends even named their dog NOLA) - besides, our airport designation (MSY) wouldn't work to well on a jersey. :-)

If they had a NOLA jersey, that stuff would sell out quick. No doubt.

kU6ns.gif

As much as I love the F-D-B, I hope Hugo isn't gotten rid of permanently. He's the reason I got into both sports and design...

I would imagine he's still be around as mascot, maybe also an an alternate mark. It's not exactly easy to make a walking fleur-de-bee, y'know.

kU6ns.gif

As much as I love the F-D-B, I hope Hugo isn't gotten rid of permanently. He's the reason I got into both sports and design...

I would imagine he's still be around as mascot, maybe also an an alternate mark. It's not exactly easy to make a walking fleur-de-bee, y'know.

Dont they have 2 mascots, Isaw it on TNT last night, both was Hugo. Maybe one can be rename Fleur

The new style supposedly helps with the sweating

I'll bet it does, just like Adidas/Reebok's NHL EDGE jerseys "helped with the sweating" and helped pour it right into players' gloves and skates. Now, it'll just drip and puddle all over the court. NBA teams, get ready to hire more courtside towel and mop boys, because the prospect of 10 Patrick Ewings running up and down the hardwood is looming.

Is there a suddenly huge problem with sweat on the court in college basketball?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Dont they have 2 mascots, I saw it on TNT last night, both was Hugo. Maybe one can be rename Fleur

Hugo is the official mascot, almost an EXACT replica of the hornet present in the logo since the team's inception:

logo.jpghugo.jpg

"Super Hugo" is an occasional guest for halftime/end of quarter exhibitions and the like, and is dressed as more of a super-hero. He's the one who flew through the never-ending infamous hoop of flame:

super.jpgsuper2.jpg

Up to last year, both were played by the same guy: Michale Zerillo. Here is a great interview about his work:

Michael Zerrilo interview

The general move, I think, will be to switch to the "fleur-de-bee" (bracketed by "New Orleans Hornets" in a new font)

to be used as the main logo on merchandise, stationery and whatnot while keeping Hugo as the actual game-time and promotional costumed mascot. This will work the best.

It is what it is.

The new style supposedly helps with the sweating

I'll bet it does, just like Adidas/Reebok's NHL EDGE jerseys "helped with the sweating" and helped pour it right into players' gloves and skates. Now, it'll just drip and puddle all over the court. NBA teams, get ready to hire more courtside towel and mop boys, because the prospect of 10 Patrick Ewings running up and down the hardwood is looming.

Is there a suddenly huge problem with sweat on the court in college basketball?

Nope, but that's Nike. Reebok/Adidas has proven itself less intelligent in material choices recently.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Am I the only one here who isn't impressed by the FDB logo?

I don't understand the fawning over that thing.

Yes.... yes you are.

I dont want to put words in people's mouths... but I think the look represents a modern regionalization on a symbol that is familiar in sports because of the saints and morphs it to the point that it works for the hornets.

Basically it just looks cool.

NOLAbanner.jpg

For me it is not the logo itself that impresses me, it is more about the context. A redesign nowadays in the NBA means changing your colors and updating your old logo accordingly. See: Hawks, Nuggets, Bucks, Raptors, Jazz. It is the same reason I think people liked the new Hawks' secondary, and why everyone seems to be feeling the Raptors' claw. With the promise of a complete redesign coming, including new uniforms, type, colors, and logos, we are all going to jump on anything that doesn't scream "1990's". While this isn't a bad logo, it doesn't deserve all the compliments it has been receiving. I think it is all about comparison...liver and onions looks great when your other choice is a dead dog.

hope that makes sense.

Yes.... yes you are.

I dont want to put words in people's mouths... but I think the look represents a modern regionalization on a symbol that is familiar in sports because of the saints and morphs it to the point that it works for the hornets.

In YOUR opinion.

In MY opinion, it's forced. And IMO, the Hornets need an overhaul - all logos and probably the color scheme as well.

I'll just say that it's certainly not the bee-all and end-all of logo design.

^_^

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Yes.... yes you are.

In YOUR opinion.

In MY opinion, it's forced. And IMO, the Hornets need an overhaul - all logos and probably the color scheme as well.

Well he did state it was opinion :)

As for me, I don't know exactly why I like it, I just do... seems fresh, whether it actually is or not.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I'll just say that it's certainly not the bee-all and end-all of logo design.

^_^

Beat me to it.... that oughta sting...

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived