NEW HORNETS UNIS LOGO AND COLORS

BRYWHIT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify, it says lose the gold uniforms. Not necessarily the gold altogether.

I love the Fleur de Bee. Hope that part is true. The pinstripes, not so much.

We'll see - this is a thirdhand rumor from unidentified sources within the organization. Could be right, could be wrong.

I really like their color scheme (even though they use teal). It fits the city. Plus, that bee logo is awesome. I detest pinstripes.

If anything, they should ditch the teal uniforms and get purple ones instead, using teal and gold as trim.

I really like their color scheme (even though they use teal). It fits the city. Plus, that bee logo is awesome. I detest pinstripes.

If anything, they should ditch the teal uniforms and get purple ones instead, using teal and gold as trim.

That would make them look too much like the Lakers. I say leave the teal, in fact the colors as is, change up the uniforms (NO pinstripes, though) and make the Fleur de Bee the primary. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a little more of a greenish teal used, but to leave it the way it is would be okay. I'd just like to see the wordmarks and uniforms reflect New Orleans a little better.

See... I think yellow is a good colour for them because hornets are yellow (& black).

Hornets are not teal & purple. If they are, you have bigger problems than sports uniforms to deal with.

And we all know that Lions are Honolulu Blue, Silver and Black...

:P

See... I think yellow is a good colour for them because hornets are yellow (& black).

Hornets are not teal & purple. If they are, you have bigger problems than sports uniforms to deal with.

Holy :censored:! Did you see that unicorn?!?! :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like the Hornets current uni set. The yellow set, with teal and purple, works well for a New Orleans franchise. This could be a big mistake if they were to win a title this season, then follow it up with an identity switch.

471.gif

I say, Detroit should go back to this logo. Wait... no... maybe not.

thecatch.jpg

471.gif

I say, Detroit should go back to this logo. Wait... no... maybe not.

What is he doing to that lion? :blink:

St. Louis Rams, anyone?

Yea I really dont mind a tweak. Im happy with what they have now, not even upset with the gold unis. Hopefully this will be more of switching logos like getting rid of the hexagon H and using the FDB for the center court and uniforms.

NOLAbanner.jpg

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like the Hornets current uni set. The yellow set, with teal and purple, works well for a New Orleans franchise. This could be a big mistake if they were to win a title this season, then follow it up with an identity switch.

The Rockets went to their blue pajama uniforms after they won their second title in the 90's. They have never been to the finals since .

Actually, you know what they should really do? Switch the Jazz and the Hornets, because Utah is the Beehive State and they got jazz music in New Orleans. It would be PERFECT!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

St. Louis Rams, anyone?

Those unis were slated for '99, but they blew the deadline.

And they have been to the finals since. *whistles*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not surprised that the Fleur-de-Bee is reportedly going to be the new primary. I kinda inferred that that's what it would be once I saw that their Southwest Division banner had that logo on it.

Nice decision. Fleur-de-Bee > Hugo.

probably not the right place to mention this, but "fleur-de-bee" pisses me off for some reason.

a bee is NOT a hornet. that would be like the detroit lions coming up with a logo that is a play-on-words for tiger. it's just a stretch to me, and it's annoying.

Archived