Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

When the Flyers transitioned from Cooperalls back to socks they sported these during the 1983-84 preseason before settling on a more traditional (at the time) look. I really like this look and was sorry they didn't go with it. Also, I remember the Flyers testing out pants in practice which had a white outlined orange stripe that broadened as it reached the hem. If anyone has pics of those I would really like to see 'em.

For a look at the home version check out the video...

Click Here For Video:

Bobby Clarke in Road version...

Clarke.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picture2-14.png

The logo in the middle on the right side should have been the Bobcats logo all along. That is gorgeous.

I absolutely love the one on the top right. That would make a kick-ass alternate logo.

agreed.

here are the Charlotte Flight logos:

charlotteunusedzk5.gif

and 5 Dragons' logos (im not sure if thats all of em):

charlottedragonskd5.gif

here are the Charlotte Flight logos:

charlotteunusedzk5.gif

The 1st one, the 5th in the second row, and the 3rd one in the third row , I like out of all of them. Imo, they would work well for the team.

4kv29i.jpg

After seeing a few threads on uniforms and logo's that didn't quite make the cut, I though it would be cool to have one thread with these types of images (Hopefully you guys agree with me). Also if you have any information on any of the logos in this thread, feel free to post it. I guess I will start things off.

Washington Capitals rejected prototypes (if anyone has a vector or even a larger, clearer picture of either of these, please PM me)

Capitals_proto.gif

I see the eagle, and elements from the flag, but what is the overall form supposed to be? Always bugged me.

After seeing a few threads on uniforms and logo's that didn't quite make the cut, I though it would be cool to have one thread with these types of images (Hopefully you guys agree with me). Also if you have any information on any of the logos in this thread, feel free to post it. I guess I will start things off.

Washington Capitals rejected prototypes (if anyone has a vector or even a larger, clearer picture of either of these, please PM me)

Capitals_proto.gif

I see the eagle, and elements from the flag, but what is the overall form supposed to be? Always bugged me.

true, it has the shape of the famous logo

famouslogo.jpg

The shape also kinda looks like that weird patriotic hat (whatever its called) like the one the flying elvis is wearing.

Is that Hawks logo for real? when was it proposed? it looks more like an Angels than Hawks logo

14ilxq9.png

Thank you for posting those ColeJ. I have never seen the nameplate prototypes before. Here are some concept logos and uniforms that the Charlotte Bobcats went through while coming up with their most recent identity.

Picture2-14.png

Of these concepts, I'd opt for the middle logo in the right-hand column. That said, I don't think it measures up to the first logo I selected.

Picture3-11.png

Of these logos, I favor the concepts on the bottom of the left-hand column and in the middle of the right-hand column. In fact, they're my favorites overall. I would have used the bottom, left-hand logo as the team's primary mark, with the middle, right-hand logo as the secondary.

Here are some concept logos and uniforms that the Charlotte Bobcats went through while coming up with their most recent identity.

Picture1-12.png

The logo in the exact middle strikes me as being the best of these nine concepts.

Perhaps, but this is akin to being the prettiest Denny's waitress. Being the best at something doesn't necessarily make it any good.

And as far as the "middle, on the right" logo, I can see why people like it. It was awesome when the Timberwolves used it.

timberwolves_logo_old_292.jpg

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Correct me if I'm wrong ( which will be likely ) but didn't the Raptors, or the Van. Grizzles had other logo concepts, but didn't make the cut ?

Lil'D: It's curious to me that the original Vancouver Grizzlies' name is never mentioned. It was "Mounties". I recall the original logo displayed on the Vancouver Sun Page 1 when the League originally awarded the team. It was a decent logo, rather conventional waist-up Mountie illustration with I believe a basketball background behind him. It was the Vancouver NBA nickname only briefly. As I recall the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) was never formally asked for permission to use "Mounties" & it was never given. "Grizzlies" followed not long after.

Wish I had saved that Mounties logo from the Sun. Does anyone recall this Vancouver Mounties NBA logo or has anyone seen it on other logo sites or elsewhere online?

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Capitals_proto.gif

famouslogo.jpg

The shape also kinda looks like that weird patriotic hat (whatever its called) like the one the flying elvis is wearing.

Is that Hawks logo for real? when was it proposed? it looks more like an Angels than Hawks logo

Isnt that Caps logo supposed to resemble the shape of the DC/Maryland area or something? Kinda like how the Panthers logo resembles N/S Carolina's shape.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

WOW... The Bobcats had so many incredible designs to choose from. Yet, they chose the worst one. The one I would call a "throw away" right off the bat. The FLIGHT have some great concepts as well. It's crazy, of ALL the Bobcats, Flight & Dragons logo combined... they went with probably the worst one.

famouslogo.jpg

"Famous"? That stands for "famous"? I see it all the time, but am not hip enough to know what it means. Is it like Volcom or Hurley or Element or those other things I don't get?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived