Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

so it DID exist...at least in prototype uniform.

When Ottawa was granted the Senators while I was in grade school...one of the kids that was in my class was an area star in Peewee hockey (if there could be termed such a thing). Anyways...our teacher bought him a T-shirt and a puck with THAT senators logo on it (nowadays if a teacher did that...they'd be questioned)...then I never saw any merchandise with that logo again.

I'm glad they went with the Trojan-esque theme rather than this one.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IHL Victoria Spiders jersey, unused as the move from San Francisco never took place:

Victoria_Spiders--c630_1.jpg

I remember that jersey. I got to try the jersey on and interview the guy who was trying to bring the team to Victoria for a school project. If I recall, his son helped pick the colours for the San Jose Sharks or something like that. (That was according to him) I remember the arena was something like 12,000 that he was trying to build. A bit big for Victoria at the time.

If I remember correctly, the Spiders put their giant inflatable spider thingy on ebay. I wonder if anyone bought it.

A rental place here in Topeka was the last known owner of the Giant Spider. It was purchase by the now defunct Topeka Tarantulas CHL Franchise back in 2004. They never used the thing, so I'm not sure why they bought it. When the team folded, they put it on eBay.

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/102005/loc_mascot.shtml

and

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/102705/loc_spidey.shtml

I vaguely remember the story being that the inflated spider ended up being too big for the arena the Tarantulas played in. The second article describes it as being "40 feet tall, 53 feet wide and 55 feet deep" so that seems plausible, although I can also see the cost of inflating and handling something like that every home game being too much for a Central League team. They would have been better off buying this:

SF-spinner.gif

Even by mascot standards it is creepy.

I've been trying to find that jersey for a while now...I'm trying to get every Sens jersey there is. I have 4 out of 7.

Are you able to find prototypes like that for sale anywhere? That would be awesome if you could.

Depending how many they have made. I know I've seen a few of those jerseys on Ebay over the years unfortunately I didn't have the funds at that time.

Hi, how are you?

so it DID exist...at least in prototype uniform.

When Ottawa was granted the Senators while I was in grade school...one of the kids that was in my class was an area star in Peewee hockey (if there could be termed such a thing). Anyways...our teacher bought him a T-shirt and a puck with THAT senators logo on it (nowadays if a teacher did that...they'd be questioned)...then I never saw any merchandise with that logo again.

I'm glad they went with the Trojan-esque theme rather than this one.

I have one of the "no glue" window stickers with that logo on it. In fact, it's still affixed to my old bedroom window at my parents' place.

Pre-pending lawsuit Jaguars...

jax_home.jpg

jax_away.jpg

That lawsuit was a blessing in desguise.

I remember when I first saw those. All I could think was, blech!! I am so thankful for that lawsuit. The current ones are so much better.

Agreed - it would have been interesting.

And just how many sour grapes can you cram into two signature graphics, anyway? You going for some kind of world record?

They aslo should have used the circle fin logo (or at the least the new fin logo they have) with their new jerseys.

Does anyone know if there was supposed to be a purpose behind the zipper collar, or was it purly aesthetic?

I suppose these two logos should apply to this thread too since they appeared in an Official Logo Guide that I have, but are not in the most recent version of the guide. I have also heard rumors of some merchandise with these logos.

Picture2-16.png

Picture3-13.png

Nah - Philadelphia is too many letters to be put on a jersey using that font.

I think the prototype shows that it could work rather well.

I think the prototype proves my point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IHL Victoria Spiders jersey, unused as the move from San Francisco never took place:

Victoria_Spiders--c630_1.jpg

I remember that jersey. I got to try the jersey on and interview the guy who was trying to bring the team to Victoria for a school project. If I recall, his son helped pick the colours for the San Jose Sharks or something like that. (That was according to him) I remember the arena was something like 12,000 that he was trying to build. A bit big for Victoria at the time.

If I remember correctly, the Spiders put their giant inflatable spider thingy on ebay. I wonder if anyone bought it.

lol I remember the people saying that as well. It was sitting it the secretary's garage at the time.

Also, the nickname tells what city the team on the field is from. Nobody would mistake a team named the "Phillies" as being from San Diego, or Detroit, or Kansas City.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Also, the nickname tells what city the team on the field is from. Nobody would mistake a team named the "Phillies" as being from San Diego, or Detroit, or Kansas City.

Just imagine if the writers or whoever named the Phillies were writing in New York - the Yankees might be known as the New Yorkies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived