Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

All I'm saying is that if the Oilers and Sens played (wearing those uniforms), you'd have thought it was an Oilers Blue/White game. They took the Oilers' uniforms and just put a crappy crest on it.

That is all.

It's not even a Sens uniform. They came up with the thing off the cuff before they were even awarded a team. People want this as a "throwback". Pure lunacy....

DEATH TO REEBOK

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I'm saying is that if the Oilers and Sens played (wearing those uniforms), you'd have thought it was an Oilers Blue/White game. They took the Oilers' uniforms and just put a crappy crest on it.

That is all.

It's not even a Sens uniform. They came up with the thing off the cuff before they were even awarded a team. People want this as a "throwback". Pure lunacy....

Oh I know the origin, I believe they even hang a banner with it on it. I'm just pointing out it is an Oilers jersey which was used.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That is all.

Oh I know the origin, I believe they even hang a banner with it on it. I'm just pointing out it is an Oilers jersey which was used.

a recolored Oilers jersey.

Everything I saw when the team was announced was black and red, with the green triangle at the top of the Peace Tower. This might just be bad photography/internet color shenanigans.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That is all.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a banner with that logo.

and Letterform, I hope you don't think I want that as a throwback, I was just saying I wanted my own, because I'm trying to get every senators jersey made.

Hi, how are you?

Wow... is there ANY thread that can't be hijacked by bickering Leaf / Sens fans?

Not really.

This doesn't really have to do with the leafs, it's just a coincidence he's a leafs fan. He stated his opinion, and I stated mine, there is no bickering to it.

Nor does it have to do with the teams themselves, I'm strictly talking logos here.

B) Thanks for sticking your neck out!

Sure I like to "make statements" that are very close to Sens-Leafs hi-jacking, but I wouldn't jump in without an opinion on Uniform/Logo design to give.

The hi-jacking is just icing on the cake...

And, I'm pretty sure I saw banners with the Peace tower logo... (not that I have ever been to a Sens' game)

I had never seen that "Oilers Template" shirt, but was pretty sure I saw the Peace tower logo on the original shirt had black and red template.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Wow... is there ANY thread that can't be hijacked by bickering Leaf / Sens fans?

Not really.

This doesn't really have to do with the leafs, it's just a coincidence he's a leafs fan. He stated his opinion, and I stated mine, there is no bickering to it.

Nor does it have to do with the teams themselves, I'm strictly talking logos here.

Sure I like to "make statements" that are very close to Sens-Leafs hi-jacking, but I wouldn't jump in without an opinion on Uniform/Logo design to give.

And, I'm pretty sure I saw banners with the Peace tower logo... (not that I have ever been to a Sens' game)

I had never seen that "Oilers Template" shirt, but was pretty sure I saw the Peace tower logo on the original shirt had black and red template.

2462206927_77e5155a51_o.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not really.

2462206927_77e5155a51_o.jpg

That Peace Tower logo was the newer version from the old thirds and it's not a banner for the team. It was a banner for the "Bell Capital Cup", a minor hockey tournament sponsored by the team.

Apparently not. Cue the needless bickering. Zzzzzz

MOD NOTE:

Let's keep this thread focused on the subject of "Logo and Uniform Prototypes". If you find yourself inclined to engage in a Leafs-Senators flame-war, do it via PMs, e-mails, phonecalls or old-fashioned postal communication. Just don't sully yet another thread with the nonsense.

Thank you in advance.

MOD NOTE:

Let's keep this thread focused on the subject of "Logo and Uniform Prototypes". If you find yourself inclined to engage in a Leafs-Senators flame-war, do it via PMs, e-mails, phonecalls or old-fashioned postal communication. Just don't sully yet another thread with the nonsense.

Thank you in advance.

Understood!

X

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

1996 Nordiques, only if...

96Nords.png

The Nordiques had one of the most unique and best looking uniforms in sports. I'm actually kind of glad they didn't ruin their history by adopting such a generic logo. that uniform is a sellout.

I loved the Nordiques jerseys, so garish yet classy, the Fleur de Lis was beautiful.

Heres a Cardinals prototype from the '50's

279105981_0111439cda_o.jpg

MOD NOTE:

Thank you in advance.

Understood!

X

Will do.

Hi, how are you?

1996 Nordiques, only if...

96Nords.png

The Nordiques had one of the most unique and best looking uniforms in sports. I'm actually kind of glad they didn't ruin their history by adopting such a generic logo. that uniform is a sellout.

I loved the Nordiques jerseys, so garish yet classy, the Fleur de Lis was beautiful.

Heres a Cardinals prototype from the '50's

279105981_0111439cda_o.jpg

That home jersey was used (though only for one season), yet that road with the 'STL' was never seen on the field. I kinda like it though. Maybe not for an everyday road jersey, but it's about the only away one I wouldn't mind that didn't feature the birds on the bat (which should NEVER leave). The 'STL' is just about as iconic now as the birds... almost.

Here's another Jaguar prototype:

cf32_1.JPG.jpg

And here's a speculated design for Baltimore's attempted expansion team before the Ravens arrived:

bombers%20proto.jpg

interesting note with the 2 stripes design on the helmet with Baltimore. Did they came with that before the Titans did? I can't recall. I know that the Ravens took that stripes after the Titans had it.

Archived